Go Back  CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion > C4 Corvettes, 1984 - 1996 > C4s for Sale/Wanted
Reload this Page >

WTB: Looking for a Midwest (in Iowa) 92-96 C4 for about 5 grand

Notices
C4s for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used C4 Corvettes For Sale as well as Modified or Stock Corvettes

WTB: Looking for a Midwest (in Iowa) 92-96 C4 for about 5 grand

Old 12-19-2018, 02:04 AM
Levi Kragt
CF Member

Default Looking for a Midwest (in Iowa) 92-96 C4 for about 5 grand or trade if you guys want.

I have had a couple of C4s, my first car was an 87, and it was a ragtag POS engine swapped disaster, so I sold it and bought an infiniti, traded that for an 88 Z52, it was nice. But still kinda crappy. So I sold it and bought a newer infiniti, Now I want a 90s one. I'm stuck with Infiniti but it's for sale for 6 I bet I'll get 5. That leaves me with about 5k. Lemme see what y'all got. No more l98s, I drove a 96 last night, I need that LT1! If you guys are interested this will turn you off, it's an 07 Infiniti G35X AWD, but it has 182k. Runs perfectly but it's not a C4 and i miss one

Last edited by Levi Kragt; 12-19-2018 at 02:20 AM.
Old 12-23-2018, 08:50 AM
vvv90
CF Senior Member

From a '92 owner I would stay away from the 1992. Well documented non-vented optispark issues. I had to replace mine and do the custom venting. Not only that the water pumps fail because of a flaw in the harmonics. Oh, and the rear intake seal leaks causing possible failure of the very expensive and impossible to resurface dual mass flywheel. All the issues they're known for I had and I wrenched on it way too much. Keep in mind also you won't be able to tune it very easily if at all if you want mods.

If you want a C4 my recommendation is to stick with the latest model you can like a '96. They make more power anyway with the LT4. I can't speak for the same issues I had on my '92 but in general they are probably more reliable.

I'm just trying to point out that not all year '92-96 LTx C4's are the same.

Last edited by vvv90; 12-23-2018 at 08:52 AM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: WTB: Looking for a Midwest (in Iowa) 92-96 C4 for about 5 grand

Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.