Notices
C4s for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used C4 Corvettes For Sale as well as Modified or Stock Corvettes

FS: 1990 ZR1 - 22k miles

 
Old 12-29-2018, 04:21 PM
  #1  
Champ92109
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Member Since: Nov 2018
Location: San Diego
Posts: 6
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default 1990 ZR1 - 22k miles

Red/gray. Purchased from original owners earlier this year. Now I'm losing storage. Planned to keep it but circumstances dictate sale. Will sell for what I have in it: $19,000. Totally original except for Haibeck chip. Very clean. Brand new tires, too. Window sticker, books, and records included with sale. Located in San Diego. Email with interest.
Champ92109 is offline  
Old 12-31-2018, 10:19 AM
  #2  
G8nightman
CF Senior Member
 
G8nightman's Avatar
 
Member Since: Sep 2015
Location: NYC
Posts: 221
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default

pictures?
G8nightman is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to G8nightman For This Useful Post:
Atari_Prime (02-14-2019)
Old 12-31-2018, 10:29 AM
  #3  
George6488
CF Senior Member
 
George6488's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jun 2011
Location: Hockley Texas
Posts: 141
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Default

Most people don't get interested until they see pictures. State mileage, overall condition with good and bad points, how long you have owned car, etc.
Just suggestions if you want to generate interest. Take a look at other ads that have had a lot of views. GLWS
George6488 is offline  
Old 12-31-2018, 07:11 PM
  #4  
Champ92109
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Member Since: Nov 2018
Location: San Diego
Posts: 6
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Thanks. I'll post pictures soon. 22k miles as noted in ad title. Car is very original and in great condition. Runs and drives great.
Champ92109 is offline  
Old 12-31-2018, 10:35 PM
  #5  
449er
CF Senior Member
 
449er's Avatar
 
Member Since: Apr 2016
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 2,141
Thanked 262 Times in 224 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by George6488 View Post
Most people don't get interested until they see pictures. State mileage, overall condition with good and bad points, how long you have owned car, etc.
Just suggestions if you want to generate interest. Take a look at other ads that have had a lot of views. GLWS
Did you not see the 22k mileage posted in the ad title?
449er is offline  
Old 01-01-2019, 10:21 AM
  #6  
mazdaverx7
CF Senior Member
 
mazdaverx7's Avatar
 
Member Since: Sep 2009
Location: Vermilion OH
Posts: 3,857
Thanked 76 Times in 71 Posts
Default

Will look forward to the pictures!
mazdaverx7 is offline  
Old 01-01-2019, 12:32 PM
  #7  
George6488
CF Senior Member
 
George6488's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jun 2011
Location: Hockley Texas
Posts: 141
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by 449er View Post
Did you not see the 22k mileage posted in the ad title?
I saw the mileage listed but was just suggesting items that everyone likes to see in ads and listing that generate a lot of interest. Problem?
George6488 is offline  
Old 01-02-2019, 01:49 PM
  #8  
JimLentz
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
 
JimLentz's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jan 2014
Location: Downers Grove Illinois
Posts: 2,335
Thanked 220 Times in 213 Posts
Default

If it looks as good as it sounds someone will get a good deal.
JimLentz is offline  
Old 02-09-2019, 03:10 PM
  #9  
cuisinartvette
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Oct 2004
Location: Valencia Ca.
Posts: 67,537
Thanked 1,074 Times in 986 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05
Default

Op vanished.

Wanting some stranger off the web to hand you 22k comes a lot easier when they can see what they are getting. Members can get suspicious if someone new posts an ad with no pics and asks for text or email responses only.
Just trying to help.
cuisinartvette is offline  
Old 02-10-2019, 02:10 PM
  #10  
Poolpool12!
Junior Member
 
Member Since: Feb 2019
Posts: 15
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Scammers

Originally Posted by cuisinartvette View Post
Op vanished.

Wanting some stranger off the web to hand you 22k comes a lot easier when they can see what they are getting. Members can get suspicious if someone new posts an ad with no pics and asks for text or email responses only.
Just trying to help.
My 95 C4 has been listed for about 3 weeks now I would say 95% of responses have been from scammers. What do they do just troll classified sites and try to steel cars and or your money? It's become basically useless to list a car on internet sites. Not all sites are free and those pay for your ad sites know how bad scammers are making it but they are just as happy to take your money as are the scammers. I can t imagine anybody having much luck selling their car thru online sites, yet there are tons of ads. So WTF 's going on
Poolpool12! is online now  
Old 02-13-2019, 05:25 PM
  #11  
Red89FX3
Junior Member
 
Red89FX3's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jun 2018
Location: Springfield Mo
Posts: 47
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Sold my car here. But yes I fielded prob 30 different scammer calls.
Red89FX3 is offline  
Old 02-13-2019, 06:35 PM
  #12  
Champ92109
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Member Since: Nov 2018
Location: San Diego
Posts: 6
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Sorry for the delayed reply. Not itching to sell it, but it's a great car. Here's a couple pics.


Champ92109 is offline  
Old 02-14-2019, 12:51 AM
  #13  
Champ92109
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Member Since: Nov 2018
Location: San Diego
Posts: 6
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Price is $19k, not $22k. You misread the ad.

Dave
Champ92109 is offline  
Old 02-14-2019, 10:50 AM
  #14  
LTC Z06
Get Some!
Support Corvetteforum!
 
LTC Z06's Avatar
 
Member Since: Oct 2001
Location: back in USA
Posts: 53,776
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

What color is the interior?
LTC Z06 is offline  
Old 02-14-2019, 03:50 PM
  #15  
Atari_Prime
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Aug 2015
Posts: 583
Thanked 150 Times in 90 Posts
Default

$19k, is exactly the market on that car with that mileage. Should sell fairly quickly.

The wheels look chrome, that is the only thing that might hurt it as they are not original, but a lot of guys like chrome so might help with the right buyer.

Best of luck.
Atari_Prime is offline  
Old 02-14-2019, 04:09 PM
  #16  
Champ92109
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Member Since: Nov 2018
Location: San Diego
Posts: 6
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

It's a gorgeous car, and fun to drive.

It has the light grey leather and the seats are perfect, soft, supple.

I don't know who could have ever chromed the wheels. Maybe the dealership did it. The original owner, from whom I bought the car, did nothing to it other than maintenance and look at it for 30 years. The blades are body colored, too, which is odd.

I may well keep it. I just found a set of original finish 1990 wheels for it from a member here, which I intend to install soon.

For anyone looking at buying a ZR1 who is not a prior C4 owner, take it from me: These really are nice cars. They aren't wild animals unless you drive it like a wild animal. It's really a comfortable car. And with the roof off on a warm day, it's a truly pleasant fun car to drive around, like you're operating an American flag cruising down the road. I'm a long time autocrosser (mostly of air cooled Porsches), and my current daily driver is a new Shelby GT350, and I can say that by contrast the ZR1 is pretty tame and mild mannered as long as you remember it has no traction control!

Last edited by Champ92109; 02-14-2019 at 04:10 PM.
Champ92109 is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to Champ92109 For This Useful Post:
LTC Z06 (02-16-2019)
Old 02-14-2019, 04:48 PM
  #17  
ChumpVette
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Jun 2010
Posts: 816
Thanked 93 Times in 86 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Poolpool12! View Post
My 95 C4 has been listed for about 3 weeks now I would say 95% of responses have been from scammers. What do they do just troll classified sites and try to steel cars and or your money? It's become basically useless to list a car on internet sites. Not all sites are free and those pay for your ad sites know how bad scammers are making it but they are just as happy to take your money as are the scammers. I can t imagine anybody having much luck selling their car thru online sites, yet there are tons of ads. So WTF 's going on
I sold two C4's in one weekend. Neither one was listed on CF. Selling here on the forum is an act of futility. Very few cars are actually sold to members from what I have seen. Most are sold elsewhere. People here already have a C4, are tire kickers dreaming of owning another one or just stuck in a Corvette rut.
ChumpVette is offline  
Old 02-14-2019, 04:51 PM
  #18  
ChumpVette
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Jun 2010
Posts: 816
Thanked 93 Times in 86 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Champ92109 View Post
It's a gorgeous car, and fun to drive.

It has the light grey leather and the seats are perfect, soft, supple.

I don't know who could have ever chromed the wheels. Maybe the dealership did it. The original owner, from whom I bought the car, did nothing to it other than maintenance and look at it for 30 years. The blades are body colored, too, which is odd.

I may well keep it. I just found a set of original finish 1990 wheels for it from a member here, which I intend to install soon.

For anyone looking at buying a ZR1 who is not a prior C4 owner, take it from me: These really are nice cars. They aren't wild animals unless you drive it like a wild animal. It's really a comfortable car. And with the roof off on a warm day, it's a truly pleasant fun car to drive around, like you're operating an American flag cruising down the road. I'm a long time autocrosser (mostly of air cooled Porsches), and my current daily driver is a new Shelby GT350, and I can say that by contrast the ZR1 is pretty tame and mild mannered as long as you remember it has no traction control!
The red/Grey combo is such a good looking scheme. Much better than the red/red or red/black combo. They grey just has an executive look to it with the red exterior.

What sells cars is the detail and plenty of pictures. If you can take a picture of it, include it. Never enough info when buying a car.

I have a slight interest in it, but my garage currently is overflowing.
ChumpVette is offline  
Old 02-14-2019, 09:33 PM
  #19  
Atari_Prime
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Aug 2015
Posts: 583
Thanked 150 Times in 90 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by ChumpVette View Post
I sold two C4's in one weekend. Neither one was listed on CF. Selling here on the forum is an act of futility. Very few cars are actually sold to members from what I have seen. Most are sold elsewhere. People here already have a C4, are tire kickers dreaming of owning another one or just stuck in a Corvette rut.
I will agree that likely most here already have Vettes, but many here also have owned them in the past and enjoy being part of the Community. The great advantage of a place like this over say Craigslist, is honesty of the seller, and ones posted here or some place like the ZR-1 registry is that you can often find the former owner and learn about the history of the car, but most importantly you tend to find the higher end quality cars on here rather than eBay or Craigslist.

On the flip side, because the people who post here love their cars so much, you often find unrealistic prices. Ex: Despite what people think, unless a C4 ZR-1 has less than 5k miles, none are going to sell for more than $30k. And there are more 'lurkers' here who may not necessarily be serious buyers, but if I was buying one, which I will be soon, this is one of the places I would come to look for them.

I'd much rather buy from a guy who has loved and cared for the car and is selling it personally, rather than Billy Bob the dealer who doesn't even know the car's HP.
Atari_Prime is offline  
Old 02-14-2019, 11:35 PM
  #20  
81c3
CF Senior Member
 
81c3's Avatar
 
Member Since: Dec 2005
Location: Royal Gorge area Colorado
Posts: 7,248
Thanked 245 Times in 209 Posts
Default

Lets see, bought and sold my red/mod red 02 Z06 on CF
Bought and sold my MY/Blk 02 Z06 on CF
Sold my 81 C3 on CF
Bought and sold my 92 Red/Grey ZR-1 on CF
Bought and sold my 86 Red/Grey Coupe on CF
Bought my 90 ZR-1 on CF

So, no, its not an act of futility at all... honestly I would rather buy and sell here than anywhere because I feel I can trust forum members more than stupid CL or Ebay even.....

OP, you have a beautiful 90. I wouldn't drop a single cent under $19k. The car is worth every bit of that. Good luck on your sale or just simply keep it.

Last edited by 81c3; 02-14-2019 at 11:38 PM.
81c3 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: FS: 1990 ZR1 - 22k miles


Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.