Go Back  CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion > C4 Corvettes, 1984 - 1996 > C4s for Sale/Wanted
Reload this Page >

FS: 1989 Z51 Six Speed *Stock* Charcoal Metallic* Collector Quality* 31,582 miles-SOCAL

Notices
C4s for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used C4 Corvettes For Sale as well as Modified or Stock Corvettes

FS: 1989 Z51 Six Speed *Stock* Charcoal Metallic* Collector Quality* 31,582 miles-SOCAL

Old 04-12-2019, 11:46 AM
Ruger72
CF Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Recieved 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 1989 Z51 Six Speed *Stock* Charcoal Metallic* Collector Quality* 31,582 miles-SOCAL

Up for sale is my ultra clean, low mileage, rare optioned, 1989 Z51 coupe. Charcoal Metallic exterior with Gray Leather Six-Way adjustable sport seats. L98 350 V8, Six-Speed manual transmission, D44 heavy duty differential with original 3.33 ratio gears from factory, blue lexan removable top, 31,582 original miles. It is loaded with almost all options available. Receipts, and title are in hand. I purchased this car from West Coast Corvette. Car came from a collector that had just bought a new ZR1 and had to get rid of one. West Coast Corvette only handles cars with a documented history and/or cars from collectors that they have sold to before.

This car has never been raced or auto crossed. It has been a garage queen all of its life. The paint is perfect and is waxed regularly. The interior is a 10. I replaced the driver side seat foam and leather due to the original bolster having wear. The passenger seat is like new. I have the leather for the passenger seat due to having to buy both from Corvette America. I replaced the lumbar bladder in the driver’s seat when the seat was re-done and the air pump and all lumbar is working.

This Corvette is super clean and shows very little wear for its age. There are no leaks, runs and idles smooth, AC blows cold. The only issue is the stock Bose Speakers are squealing due to the known amp/capacitor problem at the speakers. I was going to send the speakers off for repair but did not get to it. The stock radio and antenna work fine.

Have original window sticker, manual, build sheet from factory, service manual, and additional information books.

Has a muffler delete exhaust installed. C5 powder coated wheels. Continental Extreme Contact DWS tires. 255/45 R-17 (Front), 295/35 R-18 (Rear). Comes with an un-used Car cover still in the bag. Also purchased a “California Pop Top” cover.

The following is a list of items I have serviced and/or installed new during my ownership. (approximately 500 miles).

ENGINE:
Intake manifold gasket replaced (due to oil leak from back of intake)
Replaced Distributor due to leaking from distributor housing
Tune up- Distributor cab, rotor, spark plugs (AC Delco), Mobile 1 synthetic oil, AC Delco filter
Installed DeWitts Aluminum Radiator
New radiator hoses
New serpentine belt
Replaced Knock Sensor (AC Delco)
Replaced Oxygen Sensor (AC Delco)
Replaced fuel pump
Replaced Fuel Injectors
Replaced gas filter (K&N)
Replaced rubber around wheel wells under hood for hood seal when closed
Replaced break master cylinder and flushed break system.

INTERIOR:
New Lloyds floor mats
Replaced Passenger side seat track
Ordered Corvette America Seat foam for drivers seat and leather covers for both seats –
Had driver’s side seat re-done with new foam, new bladder, and new leather (due to bolster wear on original seat). Have the passenger side seat leather due to having to order kit from Corvette America.
New shift boot (leather) and shift **** (stock)
Replaced clutch pedal and brake pedal rubber

I do not need to sell the Vette. Reason for selling is I am considering a new project. If I do not find the right buyer I will be happy to keep it. Thanks for looking.

$8,750.00 Located in Temecula, California.

Last edited by Ruger72; 04-24-2019 at 10:04 AM. Reason: Price Drop
Old 04-12-2019, 01:49 PM
JimLentz
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Recieved 224 Likes on 217 Posts

Very clean and low miles. GLWS!
Old 04-12-2019, 04:03 PM
cuisinartvette
CF Senior Member

Recieved 1,170 Likes on 1,071 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05

Id love to have this for a daily...stick some Z sized 90 wheels on and have fun!

If this is still yours this summer (waiting for a thing or 2 falling in line) Ill buy it.

Last edited by cuisinartvette; 04-20-2019 at 07:49 PM.
Old 04-13-2019, 08:27 AM
mortimerXIV

Recieved 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Such a beautiful car - great color / year / transmission combination and in great shape. Waiting for one to pop up in worse condition on the east coast so I can buy it, put it in my garage, and have my wife tell me to sell it!
Old 04-18-2019, 08:32 AM
kdm123
CF Senior Member

Recieved 47 Likes on 34 Posts

Wow, that is a clean car! You and the previous owners too meticulous care of it. Hope it goes to a good home!
Old 04-18-2019, 07:45 PM
kdm123
CF Senior Member

Recieved 47 Likes on 34 Posts

Can you give us any tips on how you kept that engine compartment so clean? I have a very low mileage '90 Callaway, but even on that car there is some oxidation on the aluminum parts. What do you use to polish those pieces?
Old 04-19-2019, 03:14 PM
4XLR8N
CF Senior Member

Recieved 348 Likes on 327 Posts

Man, if I was looking for a C4 I would be all over this car! Beautiful! GLWS!

Last edited by 4XLR8N; 04-19-2019 at 03:14 PM.
Old 04-24-2019, 10:02 AM
Ruger72
CF Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Recieved 1 Like on 1 Post

Bump with Price Drop. Found another Vette that I would like to head towards.

Search this Thread
Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.