Notices
C4s for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used C4 Corvettes For Sale as well as Modified or Stock Corvettes

89 Callaway / Lingenfelter

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2004, 12:49 AM
Zrxmax
Race Director

Received 77 Likes on 59 Posts

Default 89 Callaway / Lingenfelter

I stopped by Corvette Mikes in Anahiem California a couple of days ago...

For $29,995 you can buy a 89 Callaway TT that has been rebuilt to 500 hp by Lingenfelter... Charcoal metallic, 6 speed, OZ wheels... black interior and some nice upgrades... I thought the price was a little low compared to what they usaully price their cars at... It would make a good ORR car... should cruise around 175mph for a while without hurting anything imho...

looks like more lotto tickets tommorrow... :D
Old 03-06-2004, 02:11 AM
Coupe89
Melting Slicks

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05-'06

Default Re: 89 Callaway / Lingenfelter (Bigvmaxx)

Looks cool

Old 03-06-2004, 12:40 PM
Bans25
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Re: 89 Callaway / Lingenfelter (Coupe89)

That steering wheel has to go! :) :U
Old 03-06-2004, 02:13 PM
Zrxmax
Race Director

Default Re: 89 Callaway / Lingenfelter (Bans25)

I agree... it is a nice wheel, but doesn't match the cars interior... plenty of aftermarket wheels out there that could take its place imho...

The biggest engine asset is the engine rebuild by Lingenfelter... and not many miles since that engine work was completed...

Isn't this price as low as any decent Callaway TT out there?
Old 03-06-2004, 06:19 PM
GS057
Safety Car

Received 158 Likes on 120 Posts
2018 C6 of Year Finalist

:iagree:
Old 03-06-2004, 08:12 PM
*89x2*
Team Owner

Received 2,102 Likes on 1,075 Posts

Default Re: 89 Callaway / Lingenfelter

I agree... it is a nice wheel, but doesn't match the cars interior... plenty of aftermarket wheels out there that could take its place imho...

The biggest engine asset is the engine rebuild by Lingenfelter... and not many miles since that engine work was completed...

Stock Steering wheel can be found for a few hundred bucks, that wood one is not very fitting to the whole C4 image...

I would not consider it an asset to have my Callaway engine built by anyone other than Callaway Cars :nono:

How many miles does the car have??

Looks to be a ZF6 / FX3 car, incorrect wheels though and the exhaust looks a bit weird :confused:
Old 03-06-2004, 09:28 PM
Zrxmax
Race Director

Default Re: 89 Callaway / Lingenfelter (*89x2*)

Stock Steering wheel can be found for a few hundred bucks, that wood one is not very fitting to the whole C4 image...

I would not consider it an asset to have my Callaway engine built by anyone other than Callaway Cars :nono:
________________________________________ ________________________
You don't consider Lingenfelters work to be on par with Callaways ? I beg to differ with you on that one... we arn't talking about a car under warranty here... this is a TT... a toy for whoever... if your a collector... then I understand your point... if its a toy, a driver, etc... then drive it and enjoy the 50 extra horsepower... and know that with proper gearing and suspension it will probably go another 10 or 15 mph on the big end...

How many miles does the car have??
Don't know... not that many... perhaps it was 36K... not sure...
Looks to be a ZF6 / FX3 car, incorrect wheels though and the exhaust looks a bit weird :confused:
Incorrect wheels ? OZ's are incorrect ? This is a used car my man... what was on it new? Dynamags ? Try to find a set of those... :rolleyes:
OZ's are an upgrade... imho...
To each his own... if you want stock... buy stock If you want something special... then buy it already upgraded...
Yes... Callaways are a bit rare, but we are still a few years away from mid year prices ( C2s ) on C-4s
Just drive em... driving is worth more than money to me...

[Modified by Bigvmaxx, 8:31 PM 3/6/2004]
Old 03-06-2004, 10:13 PM
*89x2*
Team Owner

I will not debate point by point, with you on a car I have not seen but will say, Dymags were the correct wheel and I have come across four complete sets of Dymags for sale in the past year alone, in this thread, they were apparently offered a set too... http://www.corvetteactioncenter.com/...ad.php?t=45313

Car has 118k mi, as reported by another and as a driver, I am sure it would be a fine car however, the wheels (all 5 of them, as I will include the steering wheel in this statement) do not add any value to that car.
:seeya
Old 03-07-2004, 12:20 AM
RogueVette
Safety Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cruise-In III Veteran

It's DYMAGS! Not "Dynamags". Thank you!
http://www.corvetteactioncenter is the place to go if you wish to know EVERYTHING about Callaways. This site is not too supportive with Callaways.. and there should be a specific section tailored to the Callaways. NCRS is already in the process of entering data for the Callaways......
Old 03-07-2004, 02:33 AM
Zrxmax
Race Director

Default Re: 89 Callaway / Lingenfelter (*89x2*)

I will not debate point by point,

OK...
________________________________________ _______________________
with you on a car I have not seen but will say, Dymags were the correct wheel and I have come across four complete sets of Dymags for sale in the past year alone,
Well, perhaps the Callaway owner sold the wheels to buy the OZ's...
in this thread, they were apparently offered a set too... http://www.corvetteactioncenter.com/...ad.php?t=45313
will check it out...

Car has 118k mi, as reported by another and as a driver, I am sure it would be a fine car however, the wheels (all 5 of them, as I will include the steering wheel in this statement) do not add any value to that car.
:seeya
Nobody ever said the off brand steering wheel added value to the car...
As far as the OZs... though they may be incorrect, they look better than Dymags... just an opinion...
BTW... I had no idea the car had that many miles on it... looked to be in decent shape everything considered... 1 other unsual aspect was the gauges in the dash... the AC vents were blocked off for the extra gauges... I guess they re-directed the air to the floor or defroster... Nobody knew that I asked about it...
Old 03-07-2004, 05:18 PM
SurfnSun
Team Owner

Received 522 Likes on 342 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10

Geez Bigv....don't be so touchy man.

Chris brought out some valid points in reference to the value of the car. With 119k it probably won't ever be a collector, but to some of us having an unmolested Callaway means alot.

The fact that LPE rebuilt the motor isn't as big of an issue to me. Besides a whole motor rebuild on a b2k should be worth more than 500hp. Ive already got almost that with an untouched 7.5:1 motor.

But the fact that Callaway stamped Dymags sell for around $6-8k/set if you can find them, means that if Im buying a Callaway I want that wheel on the car.

But I agree that steering wheel and dash guages have to go. :U
Old 03-07-2004, 08:13 PM
Bans25
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Re: 89 Callaway / Lingenfelter (SurfnSun)

But the fact that Callaway stamped Dymags sell for around $6-8k/set if you can find them, means that if Im buying a Callaway I want that wheel on the car.
Ive seen some TT w/Dymags for low 20's.. Not to bad if you could sell those wheels for 6K, could have a nice TT for about 15K.
Old 03-07-2004, 08:14 PM
Zrxmax
Race Director

Geez Bigv....don't be so touchy man.

Chris brought out some valid points in reference to the value of the car. With 119k it probably won't ever be a collector, but to some of us having an unmolested Callaway means alot.

The fact that LPE rebuilt the motor isn't as big of an issue to me. Besides a whole motor rebuild on a b2k should be worth more than 500hp. Ive already got almost that with an untouched 7.5:1 motor.

But I agree that steering wheel and dash guages have to go. :U
Sorry... I have not been feeling good... to many work miles, not enough sleep...

Your right, Chris is right... the car won't be worth a lot with those miles on it... I didn't know it had that many miles on it... however... if you rebuild the car right... at a high personal cost... you will never knew it had so many miles till you look at the odometer...

I think it is fair to say any TT Corvette that is driven that many miles will need engine attention before 100K... So... having the motor rebuilt was probably nessasary...

Those used Dymags are over priced at 6 to 8K... what would a set cost that were custom built with a CNC machine ? They must be a good wheel... they survived 254+ mph on the Sledgehammer...

As few of these Callaways that exist... this seems like a decent package... if your going to drive it...

This is not a "STORE IT AND WAIT" for the collector aspect to kick in...

Somebody has had a lot of fun in this car... it is a 1 owner car... they probably never planned on selling it... so... there it is... as it is...
Old 03-07-2004, 10:50 PM
383LPE
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the LPE rebuild makes the car. :D
Old 03-07-2004, 11:12 PM
SurfnSun
Team Owner

St. Jude Donor '10

Default Re: 89 Callaway / Lingenfelter (383LPE)

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: sure. :nopity :U

[Modified by SurfnSun, 11:13 PM 3/7/2004]
Old 03-07-2004, 11:14 PM
*89x2*
Team Owner

Sorry... I have not been feeling good... to many work miles, not enough sleep...

Your right, Chris is right... the car won't be worth a lot with those miles on it... I didn't know it had that many miles on it... however... if you rebuild the car right... at a high personal cost... you will never knew it had so many miles till you look at the odometer...

I think it is fair to say any TT Corvette that is driven that many miles will need engine attention before 100K... So... having the motor rebuilt was probably nessasary...

Those used Dymags are over priced at 6 to 8K... what would a set cost that were custom built with a CNC machine ? They must be a good wheel... they survived 254+ mph on the Sledgehammer...

As few of these Callaways that exist... this seems like a decent package... if your going to drive it...

This is not a "STORE IT AND WAIT" for the collector aspect to kick in...

Somebody has had a lot of fun in this car... it is a 1 owner car... they probably never planned on selling it... so... there it is... as it is...
:cheers: :thumbs: :steering:
Old 03-07-2004, 11:18 PM
SurfnSun
Team Owner

St. Jude Donor '10

They must be a good wheel... they survived 254+ mph on the Sledgehammer...
There was a topend test done in England in 88. The stock b2k hit 193 when the Goodyear failed. The wheel held up and they were able to pilot the car back to zero without incident. :eek:

[Modified by SurfnSun, 11:19 PM 3/7/2004]

Get notified of new replies

To 89 Callaway / Lingenfelter

Old 03-08-2004, 01:28 AM
Zrxmax
Race Director

There was a topend test done in England in 88. The stock b2k hit 193 when the Goodyear failed. The wheel held up and they were able to pilot the car back to zero without incident. :eek:

I would consider that "re-entry" mostly driver skill ! :D

[Modified by SurfnSun, 11:19 PM 3/7/2004][/QUOTE]
Old 03-13-2004, 02:44 PM
PaceThis
Race Director

Received 51 Likes on 36 Posts

Personally, I think the car is way overpriced...mainly because of the mileage. You can pick up an original low mileage example in the price range, no?
Old 03-13-2004, 07:02 PM
SurfnSun
Team Owner

St. Jude Donor '10

Default Re: 89 Callaway / Lingenfelter (PaceThis)

Personally, I think the car is way overpriced...mainly because of the mileage. You can pick up an original low mileage example in the price range, no?
Yes you can.

Quick Reply: 89 Callaway / Lingenfelter