Notices
C5 Corvettes for Sale Classifieds: Used C5 Corvettes for sale as well as modified or stock Corvettes

Ty Saxxon has cheated me out of $$, see post

Old 04-02-2007, 01:29 PM
C5Noir
Safety Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Ty Saxxon has cheated me out of $$, see post

I sold Mr. Ty Saxxon my 2001 Z06 to him 11/11/2006:

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show....php?t=1368435

He failed to transfer the registration and title information into his name until he sold it at the end of February 2007.

Now, because of this, I'm being charged $267.44 for the property taxes for 2007.

I have sent him an e-mail to with no response. If anyone can help me get this rectified I'd appreciate it.
Old 04-02-2007, 01:39 PM
SurfnSun
Team Owner

Received 522 Likes on 342 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10

Can you take a copy of the bill of sale to the tax office for proof that you no longer own the car?
Old 04-02-2007, 01:47 PM
ronniej
Drifting

St. Jude Donor '06

I had the same problem a few months ago when I sold my Viper. The guy promised me he would get it registered. We'll guess what, he never did. I too was sent a letter from the state with a penalty. I brought my notarized Bill Of Sale to the DMV for proof of sale and I was cleared of any charges.
Old 04-02-2007, 02:22 PM
gunnerja
Melting Slicks

Received 88 Likes on 69 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

Originally Posted by C5Noir
I sold Mr. Ty Saxxon my 2001 Z06 to him 11/11/2006:

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show....php?t=1368435

He failed to transfer the registration and title information into his name until he sold it at the end of February 2007.

Now, because of this, I'm being charged $267.44 for the property taxes for 2007.

I have sent him an e-mail to with no response. If anyone can help me get this rectified I'd appreciate it.

Your bigger concern also is if he OR you received any sitations or involved in any activity that would come back to you!!!
Old 04-02-2007, 04:37 PM
Battlefield C5-R
Cruising

If the car is still registered in your name then it still belongs to you. Report it stolen. That will get him moving.
Old 04-02-2007, 05:08 PM
C5Noir
Safety Car

I got it resolved.
Old 04-02-2007, 05:10 PM
Z16 #1669
Pro

Now I think you need to apologize to "Mr. Ty Saxxon"
Old 04-02-2007, 05:21 PM
LT1vette
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Z16 #1669
Now I think you need to apologize to "Mr. Ty Saxxon"

Z16
He brought it on himself by not fulfilling his part of the contract!!!

Think about it..........
Old 04-02-2007, 05:21 PM
gdc4625
Cruising

Why is an apology in order??

Last edited by gdc4625; 04-02-2007 at 05:34 PM. Reason: Out of context/sequence
Old 04-02-2007, 06:30 PM
PeteZ06
Safety Car

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09-'10-'11

I think C5Noir totally jumped the gun by saying Ty CHEATED him out of money. You never know what his real reason was for not registering the car. Maybe all of a sudden he lost his job and couldnt afford to and had to dump the car. And see how easy it was to resolve the issue, should have done it ahead of time before coming here crying foul. There are always 2 sides to every story and I really doubt Ty did anything with harmful intentions.

I've never even heard of a property tax for your car. Eash state has its own wacky rules, maybe Ty lives in a state like mine where there are no weird property taxes on cars.
Old 04-02-2007, 06:41 PM
builtfspd2
Drifting

north carolina has property tax on their cars.
Old 04-02-2007, 08:26 PM
C5Noir
Safety Car

No need for any apology. I had to go to the Property Tax evaluator and get it wiped off my record. The fines and penalties will go to his name now.

It's unprofessional to not transfer ownership/registation over in an appropriate time frame.

PS, Ky has property tax on cars in the amount of 6% of the valued price so it can add up if you do the math quickly.
Old 04-02-2007, 08:28 PM
C5Noir
Safety Car

Originally Posted by PeteZ06
I think C5Noir totally jumped the gun by saying Ty CHEATED him out of money. You never know what his real reason was for not registering the car. Maybe all of a sudden he lost his job and couldnt afford to and had to dump the car. And see how easy it was to resolve the issue, should have done it ahead of time before coming here crying foul. There are always 2 sides to every story and I really doubt Ty did anything with harmful intentions.

I've never even heard of a property tax for your car. Eash state has its own wacky rules, maybe Ty lives in a state like mine where there are no weird property taxes on cars.

KY law requires you to transfer registration and title within 30 days of purchase. I believe 5 months is ample time to rectify it. Ty and I live in the same state so the laws are applicable.

This was not an easy issue to resolve. It required quite a few hours of paper work, taking time off of work, etc. He did not transfer the ownership/title within the appropriate time frame which placed taxes to me that were not mine to pay. That is inappropriate regardless of reasoning.

I also sent him an e-mail asking for a quick resolution and I never got a response.

Thread resolved on my own effort which shouldn't have been required.

What some people can do in states with these laws is they can buy a car from a private party, not change the registration/title, drive it and then sell it without having to pay property taxes on the car (which is illegal to not pay taxes on automobiles in Ky). I have heard of this type of scenario.

So, if a moderator wouldn't mind, please change thread title to: "Ty Saxon failed to transfer ownership of car in an appropriate time frame which placed temporary fines on myself...."

I gave him a hellatious deal on that car, it included EVERYTHING in the ad for a lower price, including the custom emblems, free set of front and rear HPS pads, PIAA's with added factory fog light switch, etc. I thought it was a very reasonable price for all of that.

Last edited by C5Noir; 04-02-2007 at 08:46 PM.
Old 04-02-2007, 08:51 PM
Ty.
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

wow, i just saw this thread.

FIRST OF ALL, nobody cheated you out of a nickel. When i bought your car, i borrowed a total of $17,000 from my bank (Huntington National Bank) and the lady asked if i wanted to finance the tax as well, and i did. The total loan was for $18,XXX (cant remember the total off the top of my head) and i thought all was done! Her exact words were "you dont have to do ANYTHING, we handle it all if you pay the taxes through us"

I continued to drive the car, and didnt even think twice about it. When i went to sell the car a month or so ago, the buyer asked me for the title, and i assumed that my bank had it??? So i called my bank and asked why the title had not been sent to the new owner, since the lein was paid in full at this time. She proceded to say 'well you have the title'

She was wrong. Somehow the title got lost through my bank somehow. The mixup was all because of me owing a grand total of $15.00 on some old beater that i owned. Apparently when they sent the title off and paid the taxes, the DMV here locally wouldnt finalize anything, b/c of some past debt (the $15). NOBODY contacted me, NOBODY sent me a letter, NOTHING. I was completely in the dark about all of this, as i have never had a 'car loan' in my life, i thought that the bank was just holding the title b/c they had a lein on it

After i sold the z06, i had to go to my local dmv and pay the $15 that nobody had told me about. (By the way, it was for a car that i havent owned in 2+ years, so how i owed last years taxes is beyond me). That was at the begining of last month, and everything was finalized. So for you to say i CHEATED you, or somehow tried to scam my way out of paying sales tax on the car, is ridiculous. There were FAR easier ways to handle this than to try to tarnish my name on a national message board

I'll have to call the DMV again i guess, and see what i have to do now. I shouldnt be forced to pay another $300, when i already paid the initial sales tax just a few months prior

-Ty

Last edited by Ty.; 04-02-2007 at 09:01 PM.
Old 04-02-2007, 09:06 PM
Ty.
Instructor

So technically, i paid sales tax on the car BEFORE i even owned it. I took out the loan the week before i came to buy the car, so i had already done 'my' part in paying the taxes on the car before i even took ownership of it.

I do agree that something went wrong here, but to make a thread like this was wrong IMO

-Ty
Old 04-02-2007, 09:15 PM
PeteZ06
Safety Car

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09-'10-'11

Originally Posted by PeteZ06
There are always 2 sides to every story and I really doubt Ty did anything with harmful intentions.
Old 04-02-2007, 10:43 PM
wuznme
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Sales tax and property tax are 2 different things.

One you pay when you buy the car (sales tax) the other you pay (property tax) the county you live in every year.

So you will have to pay property tax for the time in 06 & 07 you owned the car.

Get notified of new replies

To Ty Saxxon has cheated me out of $$, see post

Old 04-02-2007, 10:51 PM
Ty.
Instructor

Originally Posted by wuznme
Sales tax and property tax are 2 different things.

One you pay when you buy the car (sales tax) the other you pay (property tax) the county you live in every year.

So you will have to pay property tax for the time in 06 & 07 you owned the car.

You are correct. But i only owned the car for a total of 3 months or so, so i never had to pay anything other than the 6% sales tax so far, correct?

-Ty
Old 04-02-2007, 10:59 PM
ronniej
Drifting

St. Jude Donor '06

Just a curious question. I know all states are different, but here in Louisiana, we have to remove the license plate when a car is sold. Is this not the case in your state? Like I said, I'm just curious and not trying to start a war.
Old 04-02-2007, 11:04 PM
wuznme
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Ty.
You are correct. But i only owned the car for a total of 3 months or so, so i never had to pay anything other than the 6% sales tax so far, correct?

-Ty
I would say you owe property tax from the time you registered it, until sold and would think the state of KY thinks the same thing. It sounds like the previous owner got a bill for the 2007 full year taxes; guess I would have been pissed too, but it got resolved and life rolls on.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Ty Saxxon has cheated me out of $$, see post