Notices
C5 Corvettes for Sale Classifieds: Used C5 Corvettes for sale as well as modified or stock Corvettes

2004 Commemorative Edition Z16 4953 Miles!

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2007, 02:24 PM
0KERBECK CORVETTE
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2004 Commemorative Edition Z16 4953 Miles!

One Of 2, 2004 Z06s that are currently instock!

Only 4953 miles on the car!
Just beyond engine break-in period!

Features/Options
2004 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Commemorative Edition Z16
Le Mans Blue Exterior
Carbon Fiber Hood
Specific Racing Stripe Decal
Commemorative Center Caps
Black Interior
Dual Zone Air Conditioning
Leather Seat Surfaces
Memory Pkg
Pwr Driver Seat
Pwr Passenger Seat
Sport Seats
Pwr Windows
Pwr Locks
Pwr Mirrors
LS6 V8 405HP
Manual Trans
Aluminum Wheels
Heads Up Display
Body Side Moldings
VIN:45128412
Price: $41,990

Call if I can help!
Thanks, Harry B.
1-877-537-2325

All Corvettes listed are equipped with a 8 cyl. Engine, Pwr Steering, Pwr Brakes, Air Conditioning. Price includes all costs to be paid by consumer except for licensing, registration and taxes. Dealer not responsible for typographical errors or omissions. Sorry No Auto Dealers, Dealers Agents, or Leasing Companies. Sale price good till 04/21/07.
Old 04-17-2007, 03:17 PM
toplessv
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Kerbeck Z16 for sale

Beware of the 589 mile Z16 also for sale at Kerbeck.
Under carriage is all rusted and corroded.
Refer to my post as I drove down there 600 miles one way to find this out.
Old 04-17-2007, 04:46 PM
lockmart
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That sucks man....
Old 04-17-2007, 05:11 PM
ganna001
Pro

Originally Posted by toplessv
Beware of the 589 mile Z16 also for sale at Kerbeck.
Under carriage is all rusted and corroded.
Refer to my post as I drove down there 600 miles one way to find this out.

ouchee!!!
Old 04-17-2007, 08:09 PM
0KERBECK CORVETTE
Former Vendor

Here's the undercarriage of our soon to be posted - 589 mile - Z16 - we wanted to show pictures of the undercarriage and as most of you know, aluminum oxidizes, it doesn't actually rust. The vehicle was transported to us from a few states away via open flatbed and our detail shop cleaned the topside and inside but unfortunately we did not have it cleaned yet on the underside.

Our apologies - when given the chance we will put any of our pre-owned corvettes on a lift for inspection by a customer when asked to do so. It is a little tough to get under one on the ground to be able to accurately judge the condition of an undercarriage...

The vehicle was traded in on a 2007 Ron Fellows Z06 he went from one collectible to another! This Commemorative Edition Z06 will be posted for sale separately on this forum.

Any Questions? Let me know.
Thanks, HarryB.

Old 04-17-2007, 09:40 PM
smook
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Here's Gino's actual picture.
I'm posting it for him...

See for yourself.

-zBill.

Last edited by smook; 04-17-2007 at 09:56 PM.
Old 04-17-2007, 10:00 PM
toplessv
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Kerbeck Z16 589 Mile

Harry

With all due respect, I am providing the information I personally observed when getting down on the musuem floor and looking at the under carriage. I feel it is important to forum members to exchange information that is accurate. I most certainly would not want another forum member or any other potential buyer plan a trip without knowing the facts. This car has been exposed to salt air or stored in a damp garage that was not climate controlled. I asked to be put in touch with the original owner before I drove 600 miles one way down there to ask a series of questions, one being, what part of the US was the car stored and was it in a climate controlled garage, however, Kerbeck could not put me in touch with him as they could not contact him.

Every single nut I observed, even the screws that bolt the plastic inner wheel housings are rusted. I did not have any complaints of the aluminum components showing signs of oxidation and salt effervescence corrosion.

I certainly would of appreciated being told this before my trip down there, afterall, I made myself perfectly clear, I was looking for a mint condition car and that's what I was led to believe, afterall, Kerbeck is asking a mint price of $45,990 and was told was not negotiable. Kerbeck Corvettes is a wonderful place and I enjoyed my trip regardless.

I sure with some effort, this can be cosmetically cleaned up, but that is not the point. Once this type of corrosion starts, the process has begun. My 2004 convertible doesn't come close to this and I live in Toronto, Canada. I'll tell you why it doesn't look like the 589 mile Z16, because it has not been driven any where near salt and is stored in a heated garage.

The under carriage of your other Z16 with 4,953 miles does not look in any way like the 589 mile car.

I took 2 pics before I left and they will be posted shortly as I am not familiar with posting pics at this time. You may want to show closeups of the black steel sections that are used for supporting the floor of the car. Every rivot point or spot weld is rusted.

I am sure Kerbeck will benefit by working on the appearance of the under carriage, however, it well never pass the inspection of a buyer who is looking to purchase a mint condition car as you would expect a 589 mile car would be in.

What I observed stands, I am in the market to purchase a mint Z16 and willing to pay the associated premium. The Kerbeck 589 mile car is not a mint Z16 by a long shot as a result of the under carriage.

Get notified of new replies

To 2004 Commemorative Edition Z16 4953 Miles!

Quick Reply: 2004 Commemorative Edition Z16 4953 Miles!