Notices
C5 Corvettes for Sale Classifieds: Used C5 Corvettes for sale as well as modified or stock Corvettes

2001 Corvette Z06: Built for AutoX/Road Race, Nothing but the best!

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2007, 03:51 PM
ThomasK(austin)
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2001 QS/ModRed Z06: Built for AutoX/Road Race, MORE PICS!

PICS HERE::
http://houston.craigslist.org/car/484564263.html

VIN: 1G1YY12S115129023

Well, I think the day has come to sell my beloved garage kept Quicksilver metallic on mod red (red/black) interior Corvette Z06. Never thought I would be doing this, but I’m getting a house built and its costing a lot more than anticipated. This car is amazing in almost every way. Every time I take it out I get huge thumbs up or people leaning out the window trying to ask me a question. The attention I get from it makes it even harder to get rid of. So if you just want to blend in with traffic and not be recognized, don’t buy this car.

If you want to start road racing, auto-crossing, or commanding street, this car is for you. It has all the elements needed to succeed on the track and has the looks to be a show car. The best of both worlds.

I bought the car from central California. It took me about 3 months to find what I wanted in a Z06. Being a car guy from the age of 15 and now an engineer working in Houston, I learned what to do and what not to do with cars at an early age. You are not buying a car from an amateur, I treat every car I own like I want it to last forever. I have an Exel spreadsheet of maintenance and routine cleanings/adjustments of both mechanical and electrical parts on the car. I can provide the chart to the next owner so they know what has been done/what needs to be done. The car deserves no less.

The previous owner claimed that $30k was spent (parts and labor) on this car to get it to where it is now. I believe it, this car runs, sounds, looks, and handles amazing.

Most of the significant engine work done at LAPD (Los Angeles Performance Division) and was a personal car for a car dealership owner. I am going to outline each component category of the car to make it easier for people to find out what they want to know. Ill start by listing modifications, then list my comments.

Engine/Transmission
The Z06 has a 5.7L LS6. It currently has 41, xxx miles on it.
Mods include:

• TEA stage 2/3 cylinder heads ported and polished
• Ultradine 228 236 cam
• CCA PCV oil catch can
• VR intake system
• Kooks longtube headers
• Kooks midpipes (no cats)
• Flowmaster cat-back muffler system
• Meizer electric water pump
• EBCM recently replaced (big $$$ GM part that WILL go out on your Z06 eventually)
• Dyno’d 448rwhp when tuned in California

Comments:
This engine screams, what else can I say. The mods were very tastefully done and very professional. The PCV catch can prevents oil from getting into your intake manifold at can be drained rather easily. All LSx motors have oily intake manifolds if catch cans are not used. This can cause all sorts of air/fuel mixture issues. I run “seafoam” through the intake to “steam clean” the engine just to prevent carbon buildup on valves, etc to maintain a clean top end. I also clean grounding points and other troublesome connectors throughout the chassis and in the engine bay to ensure a proper ground loop and prevent electrical gremlins. I do this on a regular basis along with changing the oil/filter and cleaning the intake filter every 4-5k. The engine tuning on the car was done well, however with a cam, it tends to want to die at idle sometimes just like every other cam modified LSx motor out there. Only really happens when you make a multi-point turn and only once in a while, nothing to be alarmed about and it never really annoys me.
The transmission shifts great, I always rev-match when the system is cold to prevent grinds. Even while daily driving I shift in a tranny-friendly manner as to not put extra strain on it. Having 6 gears is great and sits at 2k rpm at 80mph.

Interior
The interior is pretty much flawless. Mods include:

• Autopower 4pt. rollbar with fire extinguisher
• Lloyds Z06 floormats
• Column Lock Eliminator (essential on a 6spd corvette)
• TEAMTECH 5pt harnesses (passenger and driver) with central latch system. Some of the best quality harnesses out there.

Comments:
Interior is flawless except for a small bubble on the passenger side door panel, but you really have to look for it. The harnesses are nice for track driving (only used them once) and it’s nice to be able to switch to regular seat belts and back to harnesses fairly easily. I don’t eat or drink in the car, and do not smoke. Therefore, you won’t find any interesting smells or old mcdonalds fries under the seats.

Exterior
Again, practically perfect. Mods include:

• 3M Full Protective Bra Kit (12 piece kit) (24” onto hood, headlight covers, front bumper, fenders, behind all wheel wells, and side mirrors)

Comments:
I wash the car weekly and wax it every oil change with turtle wax synthetic. Paint shines perfectly and a towel can just glide right over the paint. I have yet to find a ding. When I am at home, the car is in the garage. When I’m at work, the car is in a parking garage on one of the top levels in a strategic spot where door dings from other cars are impossible. In short, the car spends all of its time in covered parking, away from the elements while staying away from idiots. The only imperfection of the exterior would be under the front bumper where slight scrapes of curbs, etc is inevitable. With the car this low, it is bound to happen, but of course, you can’t really see these few scratches unless you are peering under the car.

Suspension/Wheels
Of course, with this nature of car, proper footing is required:

• CCW Classics “wide wheel” C5 package. This includes 18x11” Front and 18x12” Rear (yes, the rear clear the brake ducts). These are 3piece wheels, which means if you mess up a section, you only have to order that one section and not have to buy a whole new wheel.
• GM T1 sway bars front and rear
GM performance drilled brake rotors
• ’04 Z06 shocks with new bushings
• Car is lowered about 1.5-2”, auto-crossing/road racing alignment
• TOYO Proxy RA-1 tires all around

Comments:
The wheels on this car are a perfect fit and look mean as hell. Everyone always asks me how wide my wheels are and I catch people just starring at the car and checking it out. The stance is great and is set up for best handling performance. With every suspension modified car, you have your creeks and clicks sometimes. The sway bars shift once in a while, which results in a creek sound from the front end when you come into a turn, but it’s nothing to be alarmed about. It usually only happens in the morning and it’s totally normal.
The front wheels are rather wide and the passenger side sometimes rubs up against the lower a-arm, which you can hear it doing if you go full lock right turn. I try and avoid doing that, if it ever bothers you enough, you can always order a 10.5” inside section from CCW for the front wheels and use them for street driving. The 11” wide fronts are the widest that can fit and are great on track.

Summary
Well, I think I have touched all the bases here. This is one awesome car that I hope goes to the right person. I am picky about this car to the fullest extent and I hope that whoever spends the money to buy it, feels the same way and will treat it as I did. If there are any questions, please feel free to ask. I have the clear title in my name and in my hands. I hope you have enjoyed my novel, but I like to explain everything so I get minimal questions.
If you planned on building a vette for the track, don’t waste your money on doing it yourself. I knew there was big money spent on this car that’s why I bought it. Save yourself some money and pick this car up. I have had it at an autoX event once, which was all low speed. The previous owner built it for track use, but never even got it on track, so non of these parts have really gotten any good track use. Give the car what it needs, some track time!

I can get more pictures this week, this is all I have as of now. Pictures don’t do the car justice. There is blue tape on the car because when we drove it across the country I wanted to protect the paint from chips and the elements, but there is no tape on it now.

I can be contacted at:
Thomas.Kaminski@Williams.com
Or
Cell: 512-799-5139

$29,500 OBO

Thanks.

Last edited by ThomasK(austin); 11-29-2007 at 04:38 PM.
Old 11-20-2007, 03:54 PM
CamaroAJ
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

trade? http://www.pro-touring.com/forum/showthread.php?t=36525
Old 11-20-2007, 04:02 PM
ThomasK(austin)
Intermediate

Wow, that is cool. But the only reason i am selling it is because i am getting a house built and its costing a fortune, im going to be driving a barely running datsun Z around for a few years until i can afford another toy.
Good luck with your sale!
Old 11-20-2007, 07:05 PM
CamaroAJ
Racer

ahh thats too bad because thats the car i want with the suspension set-up i want. good luck with the house and sale.
Old 11-20-2007, 09:09 PM
commando57
Instructor

Default ?

What does it say under I love *****?
Old 11-20-2007, 11:17 PM
CamaroAJ
Racer

Originally Posted by commando57
What does it say under I love *****?
the vette gets em wet.
Old 11-20-2007, 11:44 PM
CorvetteZ51Racer
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Man...too bad you're not selling this in about 6-8 months. I'm going to be looking for *that* car middle of next year...Local too!
Old 11-20-2007, 11:53 PM
ThomasK(austin)
Intermediate

Originally Posted by CamaroAJ
the vette gets em wet.
haha, yea me and my companion on the trip thought it would be funny. We got a lot of people shocking us back, but also a lot of people that just starred and shook thier heads.

These shots dont really give the car justice, i will be taking some more magazine-type shots tomorrow.

Thanks for your comments!
Old 11-22-2007, 02:42 PM
ThomasK(austin)
Intermediate

holiday bump, its too cold to get more pictures. Ill get them this weekend.
Old 11-22-2007, 03:05 PM
Zee916
Pro

Check your PM's and Email so that we can get this car sold!!
Old 11-22-2007, 05:41 PM
ThomasK(austin)
Intermediate

Oh, car also has GM performance drilled rotors
Old 11-23-2007, 04:02 AM
wtbaz06asap
Instructor

Very Nice Car .. I"m really hoping someone else buys it before I decide to pick it up ! I"m in North Dallas
Old 11-23-2007, 01:25 PM
1 BAD BURB
Le Mans Master

Received 30 Likes on 23 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06

i like the custom blue tape job for the track events!!! i do that all the time with mine. people make fun of me, but ohh well.. i have never tried the "Shock Em" idea, nor the i like *****, one, i def have to do something funny next summer on mine! that is hilarious!

sweet car man, good luck selling!!!
Aj
Old 11-27-2007, 01:42 PM
ThomasK(austin)
Intermediate

Will have better pics tomorrow. TTT. I have gotten offers in the $25k range, however i will need at least $28.5K. I think for the money its well worth it if these are the parts you want to put on your Z06.

There are thousands of dollars worth of parts on here. You can pick up a stock Z06 for $24k. Paying another $4.5K for ALOT of work/parts on this is well worth it.

Going to ebay in a few days, need it gone somtime december.
Old 11-29-2007, 03:11 PM
ThomasK(austin)
Intermediate

All the pics you can muster:

I probably have over 60 pics on here, i didnt count them
Old 11-29-2007, 04:02 PM
ThomasK(austin)
Intermediate

All PICS HERE:

Old 12-01-2007, 11:25 AM
ThomasK(austin)
Intermediate

I put her up on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Big-U...QQcmdZViewItem

More info and more pictures on the ad.

Get notified of new replies

To 2001 Corvette Z06: Built for AutoX/Road Race, Nothing but the best!

Old 12-01-2007, 11:32 PM
Lethal1
Pro

Sweet car, makes me happy in my pants!
Old 12-04-2007, 07:59 PM
Vette_Pilot
Melting Slicks

Received 167 Likes on 139 Posts

My what a nice toy you have. Too bad you have to sell it, and too bad I can't afford it right now !!!
Old 12-04-2007, 08:26 PM
ThomasK(austin)
Intermediate

thanks for everyones comments, but i am going to end up keeping the car for now. Convinced the soon to be wife that i can not only keep the car, but be responsible paying for the new house as well. plus i just love the car to death. I will definetely post the car on the forum first if and when i decide to sell it again.
Thanks everyone
Thomas.

Quick Reply: 2001 Corvette Z06: Built for AutoX/Road Race, Nothing but the best!