Notices
C5 Corvettes for Sale Classifieds: Used C5 Corvettes for sale as well as modified or stock Corvettes

00 C5 FRC cammed 49K miles in NY (Pics/Video)

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2010, 04:21 AM
BlueB4C
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 00 C5 FRC cammed 49K miles in NY (Pics/Video)

SOLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi all, it has come time to part with my Corvette so I can purchase a home, so here is the listing:

It is a 2000 Fixed Roof Coupe (Hardtop) Corvette Z06 Clone, black on black with a 6-speed Manual trans and 50,xxx miles.

FACTORY OPTIONS:
- Heads Up Display
- Active Handling (with Competition Mode)
- BOSE stereo with factory CD changer in rear
- Digital Dual Zone Climate Control
- Fog Lights
- Z51 Suspension
- Under Hood Lighting Group
- PW/PDL/Power Mirrors/Power Seat/Cruise/Tilt

ENGINE:
- Vararam VR-B2 (seals fine)
- LS6 Intake Manifold (Off an 02 Z06)
- LS6 Fuel Injectors (Off an 02 Z06)
- Patriot Dual Gold Valvespring kit (Titanium retainers, viton seals, super 7 locks)
- TSP Chrome moly pushrods
- Speed Inc. "SI5" Camshaft (231/237 .589"/.595" on a 112+4 LSA)
- LS2 Timing chain
- Taylor Spiro-Pro 8mm Spark Plug Wires
- NGK TR55 Spark Plugs
- Duralast Gold 1000CCA battery (Brand new Installed 03/29/10)
- Dynatech SS Header System with high flow cats and X pipe
- Hooker Exhaust system (rear section)
- New Era performance dyno tuned to 374 rear wheel horsepower and 360rear wheel torque. (pulling 9* of timing due to false knock on the dyno, issue has been resolved and should make more power now)

- Vararam and hooker exhaust installed in 05/2008 @ 32,000 miles
- Headers and tune up installed in 05/2009 @ 41,000 miles
- Camshaft/Intake/Injectors and dyno tune done 06/2009 @ 43,000 miles

TRANSMISSION:
- Shifts fine, not a problem
- Kirban short shifter with shortened stick and stock ****
- Skip Shift has been tuned out Via HPTuners

SUSPENSION:
- Lowered on stock Bolts

EXTERIOR:
- SLP "Lip" spoiler on rear
- 18x9.5" front and 18x10.5" rear chrome C5 Z06 wheels from Factory Reproductions (no rash)
- Sumitomo HTR Z II's in 275/35/ZR18 front and 315/30/ZR18 rear Hankook Ventus R-S2. Rears have only 6000 miles on them and the fronts should pass inspection but will need replacing in the near future
- Stainless Steel Z06 front screens
- Non-functional Z06 rear brake cooling ducts
- Chrome "Shorty" antenna
- Stainless Steel rear "CORVETTE" inserts
- Chrome front "CORVETTE" inserts
- Smoked front and rear side markers
- Red painted calipers

The car will also come with a grey indoor car cover that is fitted for the FRC/Z06 roofline with an embroidered C5 logo on the nose and a cutout for the antenna so it doesnt have to be removed to take the cover on/off

INTERIOR:
- Black leather with no tears or rips but the drivers seat bolster has a small wear mark on the seam.
- Custom partition that seperates the trunk area from the cabin
- Lockdown cover for the large center storage area in the trunk

The car runs great and really needs nothing other than a good buffing. No stalling or idle issues, the tuner did a great job. It has never seen snow and has seen rain only once.

The car is VERY well documented. I purchased the car in April 2008 with 31,500 miles. I am the 3rd owner and the previous 2 owners (A woman in NYC and a NY State Trooper from Binghamton) kept every service receipt, every oil change receipt, a copy of the original window sticker, original purchase paperwork, carfax report, everything, I also have Dyno sheets, a cam card, and receipts for most of the after-market parts I purchased. Original owners manual with leather cover and pen and pad come with the car as well.

I have all the stock parts for this car as well available to the purchaser if they want them, Intake manifold, stock airbox, full exhaust including manifolds, h-pipe, mufflers and tips, camshaft, etc.

The only issues with the car are a small swirl/scratch in the hood that I tried to polish out but can still be seen up close (about 1.5") and a scratch that had been touched up by the previous owner behind the driver door (about 2")
The paint is in fair shape but could use a buffing (it's a 10 year old black car with original paint...)

The blinker module will need replacing soon, in the cold it works fine but sometimes in the heat it acts up with the turn-signals.

The column lock fix has been done to this car.

Also I replaced the wiper motor after it took a crap from the "Udder's" getting clogged with leaves under the motor (common problem), when I washed it the wipers would come on without me touching them haha, I replaced it with new electronics and a new motor and cleaned out the leaves and everything works fine but they park funny. The cam is out of phase on the motor but it never bothered me since I don't use them since the car never sees rain.

Ok SO, I would like $18,000 for the car with everything included. I also have the stock wheels that can be put on the car instead of, or in addition to, the Z06 wheels.

They are chrome factory thin spokes (chrome is peeling on the back and a little on the edge of one of them) with Pirelli P-Zero tires that look to be almost new in factory 245/45/ZR17 front and 275/40/ZR18 rear sizes. I could do $17,500 with just the factory thin spokes or $18,500with both sets of wheels.

The car is located in Albion, NY (between Buffalo and Rochester) I have sold a car on LS1Tech before with a smooth transaction and my feedback is good, any other questions can be sent to Camaroman1983@yahoo.com or via PM. I am also BlueB4C on LS1Tech

PICS:

VIDEO:

Walk Around:
http://www.youtube.com/user/Camaroma.../0/B5LwpUcnH3M

Before the cam with just headers and catback:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80ejuhzyG_E

Dyno:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rPBn...eature=related

Track (leaving a little higher than idle):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCccT...eature=related

Last edited by BlueB4C; 04-30-2010 at 11:36 AM. Reason: Sold
Old 02-28-2010, 01:13 PM
hammert85
Racer

Nice car.... I'm surprised New Era didn't get closer to 400 rwhp with the supporting mods. Good luck with sale I might have to come check it out.
Old 02-28-2010, 01:22 PM
joe99hardtop
Advanced

any rubbing with that size tire front an back car looks great
Old 02-28-2010, 03:12 PM
BlueB4C
Advanced

Originally Posted by hammert85
Nice car.... I'm surprised New Era didn't get closer to 400 rwhp with the supporting mods. Good luck with sale I might have to come check it out.

it should be 400rwhp now, it was pulling 9* of timing from false knock, I figure it was the gas, I hooked it up to a handheld scan tool and ran it through its paces on better gas with no additive and it wasnt pulling any timing even at full throttle anymore, I just didnt want to hook her back up to the dyno to verify HP numbers.

The dyno graph actually starts higher than my 02 Z28 read with a bigger camshaft and more mods and the Z28 made 406rwhp
Old 02-28-2010, 03:13 PM
BlueB4C
Advanced

Originally Posted by joe99hardtop
any rubbing with that size tire front an back car looks great
nope, no rubbing, it has very thin spacers on the back just because I didnt want to take any chances with rubbing, I knew the 18x12's didn't rub and took a shot and it worked out and looks phenomenal
Old 03-01-2010, 09:10 PM
PVHolgado
Melting Slicks

Nice car- I have a similar FRC- It was featured on New Era's website-- Listed As "Phil's" C5- made 419 rwhp after Mike at New Era worked his magic-- I'm sure you are doing similar hp--
Old 03-02-2010, 12:50 AM
BlueB4C
Advanced

Originally Posted by PVHolgado
Nice car- I have a similar FRC- It was featured on New Era's website-- Listed As "Phil's" C5- made 419 rwhp after Mike at New Era worked his magic-- I'm sure you are doing similar hp--
Im sure it should be close, I am just pissed I had crap fuel in it when I put it on the rollers, not cheap to do it again haha
Old 03-06-2010, 01:16 AM
BlueB4C
Advanced

price dropped, back up top for the weekend
Old 03-06-2010, 05:50 AM
deadcafe
Burning Brakes

I thought the price was a little high when I first looked but honestly after I looked I think you might be a bit low. Hey man it is a beautifull car, tastefully modded, Well done you should not have much of an issue selling her,,I would actually sell the Camaro and invest into a few other things for the Vette..Once again Beautifull car, I own one they are awesome, light and with a few mods very fast.
Old 03-06-2010, 05:53 AM
deadcafe
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by BlueB4C
nope, no rubbing, it has very thin spacers on the back just because I didnt want to take any chances with rubbing, I knew the 18x12's didn't rub and took a shot and it worked out and looks phenomenal
I have the L5 fender flares on mine and the C6 Z06 rims, no rubbing at all on her. these cars weight in at 3096 lbs the lightest corvette built to date, here is a car that could easily be brought down to under 3000 pounds.
Old 03-06-2010, 09:10 AM
BlueB4C
Advanced

Originally Posted by deadcafe
I thought the price was a little high when I first looked but honestly after I looked I think you might be a bit low. Hey man it is a beautifull car, tastefully modded, Well done you should not have much of an issue selling her,,I would actually sell the Camaro and invest into a few other things for the Vette..Once again Beautifull car, I own one they are awesome, light and with a few mods very fast.
Thanks, I think the price is fair considering the condition, low miles, documentation and mods, I already sold the Camaro to buy the Vette back on 2008 though so now all I have left to sell is the Corvette, well unless you count my 04 Cavalier or my 00 Bonneville haha
Old 03-06-2010, 09:21 AM
Bruce Wayne
Drifting

Received 29 Likes on 21 Posts

Very Tasteful mods
Old 03-06-2010, 10:01 AM
machz800ps
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

how many times did you take it to the track?
Old 03-07-2010, 12:52 PM
BlueB4C
Advanced

Originally Posted by machz800ps
how many times did you take it to the track?
1 trip, 3 or 4 runs, had to race against my old Camaro to prove I built a faster car this time haha.
Old 03-12-2010, 06:41 PM
BlueB4C
Advanced

up top, someone near NY must be getting their taxes/bonuses and want a well documented fast fun rare car
Old 03-12-2010, 08:30 PM
dobewillie
Race Director

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Beautiful car good luck with sale
Old 03-14-2010, 08:27 PM
abigfoot
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BlueB4C
Hi all, it has come time to part with my Corvette so I can purchase a home, so here is the listing:

It is a 2000 Fixed Roof Coupe (Hardtop) Corvette Z06 Clone, black on black with a 6-speed Manual trans and 49,XXX miles.

FACTORY OPTIONS:
- Heads Up Display
- Active Handling (with Competition Mode)
- BOSE stereo with factory CD changer in rear
- Digital Dual Zone Climate Control
- Fog Lights
- Z51 Suspension
- Under Hood Lighting Group
- PW/PDL/Power Mirrors/Power Seat/Cruise/Tilt

ENGINE:
- Vararam VR-B2 (seals fine)
- LS6 Intake Manifold (Off an 02 Z06)
- LS6 Fuel Injectors (Off an 02 Z06)
- Patriot Dual Gold Valvespring kit (Titanium retainers, viton seals, super 7 locks)
- TSP Chrome moly pushrods
- Speed Inc. "SI5" Camshaft (231/237 .589"/.595" on a 112+4 LSA)
- LS2 Timing chain
- Taylor Spiro-Pro 8mm Spark Plug Wires
- NGK TR55 Spark Plugs
- Dynatech SS Header System with high flow cats and X pipe
- Hooker Exhaust system (rear section)
- New Era performance dyno tuned to 374 rear wheel horsepower and 360rear wheel torque. (pulling 9* of timing due to false knock on the dyno, issue has been resolved and should make more power now)

- Vararam and hooker exhaust installed in 05/2008 @ 32,000 miles
- Headers and tune up installed in 05/2009 @ 41,000 miles
- Camshaft/Intake/Injectors and dyno tune done 06/2009 @ 43,000 miles

TRANSMISSION:
- Shifts fine, not a problem
- Kirban short shifter with shortened stick and stock ****
- Skip Shift has been tuned out Via HPTuners

SUSPENSION:
- Lowered on stock Bolts

EXTERIOR:
- SLP "Lip" spoiler on rear
- 18x9.5" front and 18x10.5" rear chrome C5 Z06 wheels from Factory Reproductions (no rash)
- Sumitomo HTR Z II's in 275/35/ZR18 front and 315/30/ZR18 rear Hankook Ventus R-S2. Rears have only 6000 miles on them and the fronts should pass inspection but will need replacing in the near future
- Stainless Steel Z06 front screens
- Non-functional Z06 rear brake cooling ducts
- Chrome "Shorty" antenna
- Stainless Steel rear "CORVETTE" inserts
- Chrome front "CORVETTE" inserts
- Smoked front and rear side markers
- Red painted calipers

The car will also come with a grey indoor car cover that is fitted for the FRC/Z06 roofline with an embroidered C5 logo on the nose and a cutout for the antenna so it doesnt have to be removed to take the cover on/off

INTERIOR:
- Black leather with no tears or rips but the drivers seat bolster has a small wear mark on the seam.
- Custom partition that seperates the trunk area from the cabin
- Lockdown cover for the large center storage area in the trunk

The car runs great and really needs nothing other than a good buffing. No stalling or idle issues, the tuner did a great job. It has never seen snow and has seen rain only once.

The car is VERY well documented. I purchased the car in April 2008 with 31,500 miles. I am the 3rd owner and the previous 2 owners (A woman in NYC and a NY State Trooper from Binghamton) kept every service receipt, every oil change receipt, a copy of the original window sticker, original purchase paperwork, carfax report, everything, I also have Dyno sheets, a cam card, and receipts for most of the after-market parts I purchased. Original owners manual with leather cover and pen and pad come with the car as well.

I have all the stock parts for this car as well available to the purchaser if they want them, Intake manifold, stock airbox, full exhaust including manifolds, h-pipe, mufflers and tips, camshaft, etc.

The only issues with the car are a small swirl/scratch in the hood that I tried to polish out but can still be seen up close (about 1.5") and a scratch that had been touched up by the previous owner behind the driver door (about 2")
The paint is in fair shape but could use a buffing (it's a 10 year old black car with original paint...)

The blinker module will need replacing soon, in the cold it works fine but sometimes in the heat it acts up with the turn-signals.

The column lock fix has been done to this car.

Also I replaced the wiper motor after it took a crap from the "Udder's" getting clogged with leaves under the motor (common problem), when I washed it the wipers would come on without me touching them haha, I replaced it with new electronics and a new motor and cleaned out the leaves and everything works fine but they park funny. The cam is out of phase on the motor but it never bothered me since I don't use them since the car never sees rain.

Ok SO, I would like $18,500 for the car with everything included. I also have the stock wheels that can be put on the car instead of, or in addition to, the Z06 wheels.

They are chrome factory thin spokes (chrome is peeling on the back and a little on the edge of one of them) with Pirelli P-Zero tires that look to be almost new in factory 245/45/ZR17 front and 275/40/ZR18 rear sizes. I could do $18,000 with just the factory thin spokes or $19,000with both sets of wheels.

The car is located in Albion, NY (between Buffalo and Rochester) I have sold a car on LS1Tech before with a smooth transaction and my feedback is good, any other questions can be sent to Camaroman1983@yahoo.com or via PM. I am also BlueB4C on LS1Tech

PICS:

^^^^Those are bug marks, not scratches on the nose

VIDEO:

Before the cam with just headers and catback:
http://www.youtube.com/user/Camaroma.../4/80ejuhzyG_E

Dyno:
http://www.youtube.com/user/Camaroma.../3/6rPBnV7ZvUs

Track (leaving a little higher than idle):
http://www.youtube.com/user/Camaroma.../1/oCccT3OoDKE
Don't scratch the hood

Get notified of new replies

To 00 C5 FRC cammed 49K miles in NY (Pics/Video)

Old 03-14-2010, 09:42 PM
Mudvayne387
Drifting

Default Vette

Pm sent

Last edited by Mudvayne387; 03-16-2010 at 05:49 PM.
Old 03-15-2010, 12:54 AM
BlueB4C
Advanced

Originally Posted by abigfoot
Don't scratch the hood
haha, no that isnt where the scratch on the hood came from, it was there before the photo shoot, I made sure she had no buttons on and was careful with SOFT fabric, wasn't the first time I had her pose on a car of mine like that either hahahaa
Old 03-16-2010, 05:23 PM
NemesisC5
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 331 Likes on 241 Posts

Quick Reply: 00 C5 FRC cammed 49K miles in NY (Pics/Video)