Notices
C5 Corvettes for Sale Classifieds: Used C5 Corvettes for sale as well as modified or stock Corvettes

Sales & Rare Colors

Old 04-17-2002, 08:38 PM
01MY74CvGray
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '05
Default Sales & Rare Colors

I have been a member for over a year now and it seems as though you never see these C5's for sale by members:

White exterior, white top, torch red interior
2000 Nassau Blue Convertible
Silver exterior, black top, torch red interior
Torch Red exterior, black top, torch red interior
Torch Red exterior, white top, torch red interior

It appears as though Pewter, Yellow, and Black are the big sellers.

:cheers:
Old 04-17-2002, 10:11 PM
Corvette SSX
Race Director

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Default Re: Sales & Rare Colors (74CvGray)

White tops and red interiors are not the most popular choices. The white top is too hard to keep clean and the red interior is a whole lotta red.
Old 04-17-2002, 10:27 PM
H8RADAR
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

I asked a similar question of two high-volume Vette dealers recently (re: torch red interior) and they both agreed ---- "Red is the kiss of death color for an interior on a Corvette". They said it's very hard color (interior-wise) to resell and that I should stay away from it. (I personally don't mind red interiors but then again, I don't sell Corvettes for a living). They also said few dealers will order red interiors for inventory.

Opinions, opinions.....?
Old 04-18-2002, 05:55 PM
JasonH
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Re: Sales & Rare Colors (H8RADAR)

I know that whenever I see a red interior, it seems to always catch my eye and look good. Silver/red, white/red, red/red, black/red, etc. Navy/red is rare, but it looks great. The firethorn interior was a little less in your face than the torch interior. Does anybody have electron blue/red? I think the Z06 red interior combo is about right.
Old 04-18-2002, 08:01 PM
MONICA@MAXIEPRICE
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Default Re: Sales & Rare Colors (JasonH)

We try to stay with the standards for inventory because it what sells the best...like red/black, pewter/black etc. But since we run through so many vettes a year, we like to mix it up a little. Once for the 4th of July we got a navy vert with red seats & a white top. The guy who bought it lives locally & gets his vette serviced here. He says he wins a lot of car show awards with it since it's so different. For Christmas we got a bowling green with red seats- ho ho ho! Right now we have a white/red...it's very 1953 classic looking. We also get a lot of mod red seats in the Z06s. It's hard to order vettes & to try & figure what people will want as far as options, colors, transmission etc. It's a guessing game & all you can do is go with what has sold quickly in the past & what we're low on. Luckily because of our big allocation, our custom orders get built in only 4 weeks. So you can order anything you can dream up. My fav...yellow Z06 with mod red seats!
Old 04-18-2002, 08:27 PM
Corvette ED
Le Mans Master

Location: Pottsville, PA. USA Home Of America's Oldest Brewery Yuengling
Received 2,238 Likes on 1,032 Posts

Default Re: Sales & Rare Colors (MONICA@MAXIEPRICE)

I have a 2001 Quick Silver Coupe with Torch Red Interior. I get more people say to me that they love the Red Interior and it makes the car stand out.

If you are buying a Corvette for everyday driver, the Red will be hard to keep clean. My Corvette is a weekend car and I am a neat freak, so the Red is ok for me.

My next Corvette will either be a Electron Blue with Torch Red interior or a Yellow with Torch Red interior. I could have bought a yellow/red car when I bought my silver car, but it was an 01 with the 1SA group and I couldn't live with a no option car.

My last Corvette was a Grand Sport Convertible with Red interior and that car got lots of compliments.
Old 04-18-2002, 08:38 PM
ModRed405
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Default Re: Sales & Rare Colors (Corvette ED)

Corvette ED - Nice choice on your color combo :cheers:
Old 04-18-2002, 10:41 PM
65RallyRed
Intermediate

My 2000 Convertible was orginally Mag Red with Torch Red interior and Tan top. The dealer had to change the interior to Oak to sell it. Cost them a bundle. I still have the brand new red interior.
Old 04-19-2002, 08:05 AM
ModRed405
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Default Re: Sales & Rare Colors (65RallyRed)

WOW, Mag Red w/ Torch Guts! I think that's the only color that I wouldn't consider Torch guts as an option. How much for the seats ? Are they Sport Seats?
Old 04-19-2002, 10:07 AM
73Silver
Advanced

Default Re: Sales & Rare Colors (65RallyRed)

Oh my, Mag Red with Torch Red interior AND a tan top... I can see why the dealer had to change the interior color. (I wonder if the employees on the corvette assembly line had to take a break after sending that one out the door.) The tan interior with Mag Red and the tan top sounds like a really nice combo.
Old 04-19-2002, 11:43 AM
Nifty 71
Burning Brakes

Default Re: Sales & Rare Colors (CorvetteSS)

White tops and red interiors are not the most popular choices. The white top is too hard to keep clean and the red interior is a whole lotta red.
Not true, the white vinyl top is easy to clean up. My Aqua/white/white 92 always cleaned up easy and looked great with regular car washing + vinyl cleaner once or twice a year. The cloth tops are harder to clean and keep looking good, regardless of color. I also like more color inside the car - it really makes a car show better at shows if the interior has a little flash to it which should increase the demand of the red int. cars in the future.

BTW I am not trying to flame CorvetteSS, just stating my experience.
Old 04-19-2002, 02:58 PM
2ndZ06
Racer

Default Re: Sales & Rare Colors (JasonH)

I know that whenever I see a red interior, it seems to always catch my eye and look good. Silver/red, white/red, red/red, black/red, etc. Navy/red is rare, but it looks great. The firethorn interior was a little less in your face than the torch interior. Does anybody have electron blue/red? I think the Z06 red interior combo is about right.
I would have to agree with JasonH that the mod/red interior is just about right, not too much red. Obviously I like it, I've bought two cars with that interior. :D The mod/red looks good with the EB in my opinion. If anyone has an EB coupe or vert with torch red interior I too would be interested in seeing what that looks like. Post pics. ;)

The all torch red interior is kind of 'in your face', but it does look good after you get over the initial shock. I saw a black/torch red coupe at the dealer and at first it looked obnoxious, but after a few minutes I thought it looked really :cool:.
Old 04-19-2002, 11:01 PM
Corvette ED
Le Mans Master

Default Re: Sales & Rare Colors (2ndZ06)

Here is a dealer who has an 02 Electron Blue/Torch Red Convertible in stock. http://www.garyenckscarstore.com/htm...s/02vette1.htm

[Modified by Corvette ED, 10:04 PM 4/19/2002]
Old 04-19-2002, 11:08 PM
Corvette ED
Le Mans Master

Default Re: Sales & Rare Colors (MONICA@MAXIEPRICE)

For Christmas we got a bowling green with red seats- ho ho ho!
Monica how long did you have this car instock before you sold it? How did it look? Was it a coupe or a convertible?

Old 04-26-2002, 12:46 PM
Stingray1967
Race Director

Received 55 Likes on 35 Posts

I love my Torch Red interior, but I do have the Torch exterior to go with it. I also like QS, black, and white exteriors with the Torch interior. Not much else though.

Old 04-26-2002, 01:28 PM
MONICA@MAXIEPRICE
Melting Slicks

Cruise-In VI Veteran

We didn't keep the green one that long, but a little longer than most. That bowling green was so dark that it almost looked like a black/red coupe.
Old 04-27-2002, 06:33 PM
98ISGR8
Instructor

I know of 1 2000 nassau blue vert with gray int and a white roof. I ordered it from chevy in greenacres florida. I never completed the deal and kept my 98. It was sold the next day

Get notified of new replies

To Sales & Rare Colors

Old 04-28-2002, 09:43 AM
StArrow68
Melting Slicks

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Re: Sales & Rare Colors (98ISGR8)

Thanks for the dealer perspective Monica. From talking to one local sales guy I got the impression that after their first unit of a 'new' color went through the showroom the marketing guy would get back to ordering red, black, white, and silver. Since that is what is on the floor, that is what they sell, so they keep ordering it. Other colors, after introduced only come through to fill specific orders. Seems to have an effect on the after market since I see very few Nassau Blue's available. :cheers:
Old 04-28-2002, 01:11 PM
Trevor D
Advanced

Default Re: Sales & Rare Colors (StArrow68)

When I was in Bowling Green, KY last September for the NFRA race, we held pre-tech inspection at the Corvette Museum. A guy took delivery of an electron blue coupe w/ red interior that afternoon, and it was BEAUTIFUL! That would be a hard combo to pass up IMO. It's definitely unique, and I love the color combo! A white/red combo would be awesome as well; as Maxie said, very '53 reminiscent!
Old 05-01-2002, 09:16 PM
Polo
Advanced

i'm looking for a 1998 Fairway green convertible w/oak interior if anybody sees one for sale.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Sales & Rare Colors