Notices
C5 Corvettes for Sale Classifieds: Used C5 Corvettes for sale as well as modified or stock Corvettes

FS: 2000 Mag Red Kenne Bell Blown Coupe

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2011, 11:16 PM
dsaxman
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default FS: 2000 Mag Red Kenne Bell Blown Coupe

Update: It's 2013, I've decided once again that as well as my intentions were to get it going "one day", there are just still too many other things in the way and the car is just sitting for no good reason. I've also had a ton going on to even have the time to list it and follow up with people. I've got a bit of time now, so let's see if we can get her a new home.

As I said in the posting before, my priorities and interests have changed, so rather than having the Vette sit in the driveway, I'd rather it go to someone who will enjoy it. I've put approx 450 miles on it since spring of 2009 and have driven zero miles since I drove it to my new house in December of 2010. I haven't started it since summer of 2011, so am sure it will need a new battery, which I'll be happy to supply. I have let the tags and inspection expire, so that will need to be done too. The BFGs have flat spots in them, so you'll likely want to grab a new set of rubber at some point.

This car is a ton of fun to drive and I feel it's a waste to let her sit. I just don't have the time and inclination any longer to finish bolting on all of the extra parts I've purchased for her and get the tuning and paint work done.

Here's how she's configured at the moment:

2000 Mag Red Coupe with approx 44k miles (will get exact mileage this weekend.)
  • Purchased in 2005 with 17k miles on her from original owner.
  • Clean title, can provide VIN if you want to run a CarFax (or I'll run for you - some people prefer to run it themselves), no accidents, had full coverage since I bought her.
  • Blower installed summer of 2007.
  • Dynoed 426rwhp and 458 torque (@1800 RPM no less) on 7psi with a very rich (safe) tune.
  • Has not been tuned with the meth injection kit that is installed.
  • Light Oak interior - some wear and cracks on seats, but would give interior a 7 of 10 overall.
  • Heads Up display and single disc CD.
Does not have heated seats. Mag Ride and Performance mode were not an option on this car. Pretty much everything else was added with the exception of the glass top, which I bought used from a forum member. I think I still have the original window sticker in the safe (will have to check). Comes with Black Corvette logo floor mats (not sure if factory or from MidAmerica).

Pics are in signature of her through various stages.

Here are the details of how she sits today:
  • Motor is completely stock except for blower and headers.
  • Kenne Bell 2.6L black satin roots blower (install and tuning info in sig)
  • Unpainted C5 Kenne Bell supercharger hood
  • 18x9.5" (f) and 19x11" (r) C6 Motorsport black wheels with polished double spokes from HouseOfWheels
  • 255/40ZR18 (f) and 295/35ZR19 (r) BFGoodrich g-Force T/A KDW 2 tires with approx 450 miles since mounting in April 2010.
  • (4) GM Wheel sensors with new batteries as of April 2010.
  • Kooks 1 3/4" long tube headers and 3" non-catted X-Pipe
  • B&B PRT exhaust with speedway tips
  • Elite Engineering 1/4" ABS of Aluminum
  • Glass and Painted tops (with top storage bag)
  • Black Powder-coated front and rear calipers with polished "CORVETTE" lettering on front calipers (done by board member "corvette pilot")
  • Stealth Cannon headlights (only high beams are hooked up, lows need to be hooked up, but everything is mounted. Was in mid-install when I bought a house and didn't finish the setup)
  • European tail lights / wiring harnesses and flush mount kit
  • Snow Performance Methanol injection kit installed by MightyMouse, converted windshield fluid reservoir to hold meth.
  • HPTuners enhanced USB interface and unlock code for this VIN
  • Rear O2s deleted
  • O2 adapters to use FBody O2s up front (can be easily removed)
  • DEPOT black corners

What needs done to it:
  • Additional tuning - still a little rich down low and off the line. Ran a 14.1 @112 with a 2.8 60' bogging off the line. That being said - on the road trip to Va Beach car show in 2009, I got 28 mpg on the highway from Richmond to Va Beach (approx 120 miles), so the tune's not far off -- if you want to race it, it definitely needs some tweaking down low. Speaking of which, this car has made approx 12 track passes at Richmond Dragway since I have owned her - the original owner never raced her. Estimate you'll need to spend 3-4 hours with a tuner, but since it comes with HP Tuners, should only have to pay for their time. Est. investment: $400.
  • Kenne Bell hood and spolier need to be painted. Est. investment: $1200 for painting of hood & spoiler
  • Previous owner put one of every bolt on / snap on class item in the MidAmerica catalog on her - I removed everything except the polished gauge trim and the wire in the shark gills. Two of the gauge trims have popped off. Est. Investment: 4 hours of your time to pull the gauge cluster, pop off the plexi, remove them all or re-glue them all and re-assemble.

I have around $50k in the car, including the original purchase price ($25.5k), the blower and install ($11k), 2k in the headlight, tail light, black corners, glass top, 3 sets of wheels and tires, and the rest in the following parts listed below which will come with the car. There's too much work in breaking it all up and getting nickeled and dimed on everything, so it's all one package price now.

Everything above and everything in the list below is in the new price $25,000 or best offer.

If I need to provide transportation to have the car and goodies delivered via trailer, please add $500 plus $1.50 per mile over 60 miles from 23139.
  • Vengeance Racing 92mm billet fly by wire throttle body : new in box
  • Vengeance Racing high wall pulley set : new in box
  • 17x8.5 and 18x10.5 C6 motorsport wheels with 255/45ZR17 BFG KDW2 and 305/40RZ18 BFG Drag Radials, (4) wheel sensors : used
  • ACI low profile rear spoiler (purchased during GP from TKO Performance pics here in 2007) : new in box
  • Stock mag red C5 hood : used
  • C6 Rotors purchased from Gene Culley : new in box /
  • BMR 27-SB010 Front Sway Bar Kit w/ Bushings and Heim End-Links, 27-SB011 Rear Sway Bar Kit w/ Bushings and Heim End-Links purchased from forum member SlickVic in 2008 : used, never mounted on my car, still in packing material
  • Depot black headlights. Used for approx 2 years straight, spider cracks from heat (understand most of them do this), still puts out plenty of light, have to be within 20ft of car to see cracks on lenses : used
  • Hangover box with two Diamond Audio D308D4 subs covered in light oak carpet. new in box
  • Extra a-pillar bought from same guy I got the clear top from to mount gauge pod : used
  • Summit 3 gauge pod : new in box
  • Autometer Cobalt boost gauge : used
  • (2) Oxygen sensor, corvette, pre-converter GM Part # 19178930 from Gene Culley : new in box

To reiterate - this is a PACKAGE DEAL only, I will *not* sell the blower, headers, x-pipe, exhaust or anything else separate from the car.

Payment: I take check, cash, credit card, wire transfer or Paypal. I will assume the PayPal fees. Checks will need to be deposited and funds *cleared* before delivering car, keys and title.

Car location is Powhatan, VA (approx 30 miles west of Richmond, VA). As mentioned above, unless you pay me to deliver the car and parts via car trailer, I am not providing any transportation or delivery costs as part of this deal.

Feel free to post or PM with any questions. Phone number available for serious buyers.

Last edited by dsaxman; 02-04-2013 at 05:24 PM. Reason: Updated!
Old 08-29-2011, 03:50 PM
dsaxman
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Ttt
Old 09-02-2011, 04:42 PM
dsaxman
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Dropped price of car outright and combo price to 26,500 and 30k respectively. Removed shocks from list of extras as they were sold. All other extra parts still available.

TTT!
Old 09-28-2011, 05:22 PM
dsaxman
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Price drop - hemmed and hawed about keeping it after talking to one person with a really low offer. Can't let it go for that low, but really want her to go to a home where she'll get some enjoyment.

23,500 for the car, 27k for everything above.

Offers welcome, but 20k for everything isn't going to cut it.
Old 02-04-2013, 05:25 PM
dsaxman
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Still no chance to work on the car - it's available for sale again. Price dropped to $25k for the whole package!

Get notified of new replies

To FS: 2000 Mag Red Kenne Bell Blown Coupe

Quick Reply: FS: 2000 Mag Red Kenne Bell Blown Coupe