Notices
C5 Corvettes for Sale Classifieds: Used C5 Corvettes for sale as well as modified or stock Corvettes

1998 Chevrolet Corvette

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2013, 09:42 AM
0CollectorCarNation
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1998 Chevrolet Corvette

1998 chevy corvette,5.7 ls1,auto,Nassau Blue 1of 1094 made this color,z51 handling package,-fully loaded removable glass roof,very nice gray leather seats,brand new XSPOWER Stainless steel polished exhaust,sounds nice,new black c6 zo6 rims,new k&n dual cone filter,3.42 gears,Ported ls6 intake-Ported and polished throttle body...very sharp car,only on nice days,clear title,clear car fax,have owned for 6 years,only reason for sale,upgraded to a new zr1 vette,$12,500 firm cash only 218-260-5264

http://www.collectorcarnation.com/C5...html?aid=32806
Old 06-26-2013, 06:15 PM
mrlmd
Drifting

Received 297 Likes on 198 Posts

Mileage? Interior pics? More exterior pics?
Can you give me more info on options inside the car - ie, what does "fully loaded" mean? It may mean something else to you than it does to me.
You are a long way away from me and I need some more information on the car. Thanks.
Old 06-26-2013, 06:43 PM
CQRT
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 295 Likes on 237 Posts

Originally Posted by mrlmd
Mileage? Interior pics? More exterior pics?
Can you give me more info on options inside the car - ie, what does "fully loaded" mean? It may mean something else to you than it does to me.
You are a long way away from me and I need some more information on the car. Thanks.
Call him.

Last edited by CQRT; 06-27-2013 at 10:13 PM.
Old 06-27-2013, 10:03 AM
mrlmd
Drifting

And then he can explain to me in graphic detail how the interior looks. 1001 words is better than a picture I guess.
Old 06-27-2013, 08:53 PM
CQRT
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 295 Likes on 237 Posts

if you're intersted, then have him send all the photos you want to your e-mail rather then waste time here waiting for the seller to see your message.

EDIT- you guys are right, I've wondered why they don't put up more information and don't know anything about their business . . but I also didn't understand that if someone's really looking for a car . .not just surfing- why rely on a forum instead of picking up the phone and getting an answer - -or photos-- and be able to buy a good car before someone else does.

Apologies if you thought I 'jumped on you'- not the intent.... good luck with your hunt.

Last edited by CQRT; 06-27-2013 at 10:16 PM.
Old 06-27-2013, 09:20 PM
mrlmd
Drifting

I don't want to rock the boat or make trouble as a newbie here, but, you know what? - Forget it, sorry I asked. I'll find something else, where the seller posts pics so that we can see what he's offering, like most others on here do, without having to beg for more information. How many times on this forum have sellers been asked for more pictures or had been asked questions to be answered?
I guess CCN is immune from that, being a supporting vendor.
Educate me as being new to this forum - Does he not look at his posts for any responses after he puts them up here? Is it usual to post one exterior picture from 50 feet away and not even one interior photo?
I would think that if you post something you should revisit it to see if there was any response or reaction, and a couple of photos go a much longer way if you are trying to sell something. How do members communicate on here? Do they answer posts in these threads or is it all PM's?
And if someone asks an innocent question there's no need to jump on them if you are annoyed.

Last edited by mrlmd; 06-27-2013 at 09:32 PM.
Old 06-27-2013, 09:43 PM
H82GOSLW
Drifting

Received 54 Likes on 39 Posts

To mrlmd....you asked the same question the last 30 guys looking at this post would've asked, including myself. I never understood why people who post cars for sale on this forum don't put up every last bit of information, post multiple pictures and answer questions asked of them in a timely manner. And then to have some random criticize you for asking pertinent questions is just plain ridiculous.

Good luck on your search if you're still looking.
Old 06-27-2013, 10:00 PM
Shane1974
Instructor

Originally Posted by CQRT
218-260-5264 Call him.
Not to pile on too much here, but I still do not even see the mileage for the car. That should be in the basics of a listing regardless of where it is.
Old 06-28-2013, 08:51 AM
0CollectorCarNation
Former Vendor

sorry guys but if you would like more info on the car click the link and contact the seller personally. They will be able to answer more questions for you along with possibly sending more pictures
Old 06-28-2013, 10:02 AM
mrlmd
Drifting

That seller in the three days since he's posted this ad has not even been back here to see if anyone looked at it or responded to it. I'm personally a little put off by that and if he can't answer me and others on here, I will not be calling him for basic information that should have already been provided.
And thanks for the support guys, I appreciate it.

To CQRT - yes I am looking at buying another Corvette now after all these years, not just "surfing". Is this forum not a place to search for and find one? Should I only go to eBay or Craigslist? Why is there a For Sale section on here for all the models?
I have found a couple I was interested in and have been in a dialogue with a member on here about his car. I also came here for advice and technical knowledge and that's what this place is for. I think this forum is an invaluable resource and would be a great place to find a good used car from a knowledgeable reputable owner.
Peace to all.
Old 06-28-2013, 10:04 AM
0CollectorCarNation
Former Vendor

We are posting ads for these users to try and help them out with the sale. The seller himself has not posted this ad. Therefore in order to get him to respond you would need to contact him via the link in the ad. If their is no number try the contact seller button on the ad. Sorry if their has been any confusion.
Old 06-28-2013, 10:16 AM
mrlmd
Drifting

Then if I understand this, any ads that come from CCN are posted by you and the sellers don't even know it, so they don't respond on here. We are supposed to contact them directly from info on the ad you post?
Thanks for letting us know how this works.
Old 06-28-2013, 10:23 AM
0CollectorCarNation
Former Vendor

Correct that is why we ad the link at the bottom so that you can go right to the ad itself and try to contact them.
Old 06-28-2013, 06:08 PM
mrlmd
Drifting

Not to belabor this and beat a dead horse, but at least with me, that's not going to fly. A seller should put out as much info and pics as he can to induce some interest in a buyer. I, for one, am not going to try and pull teeth to get more info out of an ad if it doesn't even have the basic information on it. It's like posting an ad that says "Corvette for sale, good price". Not very attractive and how many people are even going to bother answering it? If those are the ads you want to put out, why bother? This ad wouldn't even have had any responses to it if it wasn't for me instigating this conversation, and has there been any offers or interest in the car yet? I doubt it. Besides the BS promotion of the car and listing the mods, pictures probably do more to sell the car than anything else. You would like to see what your are buying and you can't describe that verbally. To me this ad was a waste of time, especially if the seller can't respond to me and doesn't even know the ad is up there. I don't want to have to track him down and ask him the same question twice and get some stupid cell phone pic. There's no mileage given for that car, you don't even know if it runs. Does he really think people will be lined up and running over to his house with money after reading that? I don't think so. Bad ad.
I'm done now. sorry for taking up your time.

Last edited by mrlmd; 06-28-2013 at 06:14 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To 1998 Chevrolet Corvette

Quick Reply: 1998 Chevrolet Corvette