Notices
C5 Corvettes for Sale Classifieds: Used C5 Corvettes for sale as well as modified or stock Corvettes

F/S, Orlando, FL 2004 Z06, 69,XXX mi, Black, Great Condition, Mild Mods $24,000 OBO

Old 08-16-2013, 12:00 PM
Yorad
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default F/S, Orlando, FL 2004 Z06, 69,XXX mi, Black, Great Condition, Mild Mods $24,000 OBO

SOLD!!!!

The car is a 2004 Z06, 68,XXX miles. $22,500 OBO. Kelly Blue Book lists it as $26,964 excellent condition, $26,364 very good condition but I honestly think that may be slightly high based on what I see in the market. I have the original window sticker at home with all the options but there weren’t many for the Z06 as they came mostly loaded. It has a heads up display (I think that was standard) and memory package (not standard) and the Bose stereo which I believe is also standard on the Z06.

edit: forgot the VIN, 1G1YY12S445102998

Maintenance:
I bought this car with 28,XXX miles and all maintenance and upgrades were done by MTI Racing in Atlanta by the same technician up to that point. He logged every service in the owner’s manual along with his name and phone number. I continued to log all maintenance and I have every receipt.
-oil changes all done early, only Mobil 1 oil and filters
-clutch, brake, trans all flushed/drained and re-filled ahead of schedule
-Tires are 3 months old
-I planned on doing a coolant flush and another differential fluid change in the near future, depending on how much longer I have it. Coolant is due even though I tested it and it passed it should be changed anyway. Differential is not nearly due but I changed it a couple years ago and it was pretty dirty so I stay ahead of schedule.

Performance mods:
-Hurst short throw shifter (comes with stock shifter also)
-LS7 clutch and new master and slave cylinder less than a year ago by Corvette Masters
-custom cold air intake(comes with stock airbox too if you want it)
-custom mild-to-wild exhaust with wireless remotes (goes from open cutouts to stock mufflers with button push) –hardware and electronics by QTP, welding and electrical professionally done
-lowered ¾ in. on stock bolts, easy to change
-billet steel frame rails under car to protect undercarriage
-chromed Z06 wheels
-braided steel brake lines
-drilled and slotted front rotors, slotted rear rotors
-Hawk performance brake pads
-column lock by-pass installed (the stock column security lock WILL freeze and strand you eventually without it, even with the recall work done)
-skip shift eliminator (doesn’t allow the car to force you to shift 1st to 4th in some instances as it does from the factory)

Appearance and convenience mods
-Custom Z06 Lloyds floor mats, I still have stock ones too.
-Extra cupholder installed (removable)
-shorty antenna
-red lettering on “Corvette” on rear bumper
-Z06 logo on plate between exhaust tips
-3M invisible bra (extended coverage) installed on front bumper, halfway up hood and side mirrors – professionally installed 3 years ago, 5 year warranty
-Relatively new Optima battery (sealed batteries are important because the battery is right above the ECM - if the battery leaks, acid it eats it)
-window tint

I’m probably missing some things but that’s the bulk of it.

Appearance/mechanical issues
- Update: this one has been touched up... The only notable flaw in the paint is a small mark on the right quarter panel below the marker light I noticed washing it last week. I haven’t tried polishing it out yet but I’m sure I could eliminate or reduce it drastically. There are a couple of other spots that have been touched up but I would probably have to point them out to be noticed.
-Driver’s seat leather showing some aging (the photo does not reflect this, I can get a better photo that shows current condition more accurately if needed)
-The passenger’s side power door lock has failed to operate a couple of times a few weeks ago but always seemed to work when I had a chance to diagnose it. I suspect it’s the wiring harness connector at the door hinge as that’s a known issue but I can’t reproduce the problem so far. If it happens again I’m going to take that connector apart and clean it but it’s been perfect for over 6 weeks now so I’m at a loss, but in the interest of full disclosure I felt I should mention it.

Overall the interior and exterior are excellent condition though and there are no outstanding mechanical issues as long as the door lock keeps working.

Video of the mild-to-wild exhaust. I didn't get to use the nice camera for this so it does NOT do it just as to how different open and closed are, but you'll get the general idea.

Paint still has a little gloss right?

Some close-ups for a better look at the paint quality

Here you can see the slight line from the invisible bra. Somewhat my fault for not wiping down better last time I applied the sealant

Note the lack of stone chips because of the invisible bra!

Heads-up display

Just starting to get some wear on the Lloyd mat on drivers side but I still have the originals in near-perfect condition

Passenger's side with aftermarket cupholder (removable)

Last edited by Yorad; 09-20-2013 at 10:44 AM. Reason: update with more info
Old 08-19-2013, 11:46 AM
Yorad
Instructor

bump for today. I guess I should also mention this car has not been on any sort of racetrack. This was a daily driver for me for the last 3 years, it's about 4 miles on surface streets and 10 miles on the highway each way.
Old 08-21-2013, 05:02 PM
Yorad
Instructor

bump for a decrease in asking price to $22,500 OBO after some research. My next claybar/random orbital polish/sealant/wax is coming due soon. Someone buy her and save me 8 hours please, LOL!
Old 08-22-2013, 09:46 AM
metalhead131
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

interested in any trades?
Old 08-23-2013, 11:53 AM
Yorad
Instructor

No not really, I'm looking for really specific things. 2012 Sonata or Genesis turbo. Boring daily driver basically. I'm driving a lot more miles to work than I did when I got it so I need something I don't mind doing that in... until I get a C6 Z06.

I do have a potential buyer who wants to see it this weekend. If that doesn't go through I'll finally try to get some decent pictures up.

Last edited by Yorad; 08-23-2013 at 01:41 PM.
Old 08-26-2013, 01:04 PM
Yorad
Instructor

Not only only did the purchase not go through, the guy told me 2.5 hours after we were supposed to meet that he wasn't going to be able to make it. Typical Craisgslist buyer I guess. I finally took good photos, I'll try to post tonight, I didn't have time on Sunday.
Old 08-27-2013, 10:23 PM
Yorad
Instructor

Update with more and better photos, a video of the mild-to-wild exhaust and some other new info.
Old 09-10-2013, 11:45 AM
Yorad
Instructor

Pending sale. It's at Corvette Masters having the coolant changed, diff fluid changed and a driveline noise diagnosed and fixed (probably output shaft bearing behind the clutch or torque tube). Once that's done I have a strong commitment. I'll update later in the week either way.
Old 09-10-2013, 10:48 PM
tomseal6
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

very interested.

Please let us know whats up with the drive line
Old 09-11-2013, 10:56 AM
Yorad
Instructor

Originally Posted by tomseal6
very interested.

Please let us know whats up with the drive line
At first they thought it might be the output bearings behind the clutch or torque tube bearings. They had their trans expert come in yesterday and it seems like it may be more likely to be a transmission input bearing. Whatever it is, it will be fixed before I sell it.

My potential buyer is fine with the delay, but I'll update as things progress both with the car and with the potential sale.
Old 09-11-2013, 10:12 PM
n00b
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

in line if he backs out
Old 09-17-2013, 02:19 PM
Yorad
Instructor

Buyer is still interested and car should be done tomorrow. In case anyone was interested, the noise coming from the drive tunnel was the output shaft bearings as expected. I actually got to see them and spin them and they are shot. There are 2 in the back and 1 in the front so all are being replaced to be safe even the the front one is ok. Just thought I'd post in case there is an issue with the sale so there is up to date info on the car.

I'm also getting the passenger window regulator replaced.
Old 09-20-2013, 10:45 AM
Yorad
Instructor

Sold yesterday afternoon!

Get notified of new replies

To F/S, Orlando, FL 2004 Z06, 69,XXX mi, Black, Great Condition, Mild Mods $24,000 OBO

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: F/S, Orlando, FL 2004 Z06, 69,XXX mi, Black, Great Condition, Mild Mods $24,000 OBO