Notices
C5 Corvettes for Sale Classifieds: Used C5 Corvettes for sale as well as modified or stock Corvettes

FS [Northern VA] AE Convertible - $25K

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2013, 03:12 PM
vette8600
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FS [Northern VA] AE Convertible - $25K

Merry Christmas fellow corvette enthusiast. What a wonderful time of the year to grab a 50th Anniversary convertible for yourself or someone for whom such a gift would mean so much. I have posted this vehicle in the past but timing didn't allow for a sale. So thought I might try again to see if there might be anyone interested this time around.

I am the second owner of this pampered all original 50th AE. It was originally purchased in April '03 and I was fortunate enough to pick it up in a divorce action in January 2007. The car has just under 27,280 miles so you can see it is rarely driven and we all know it just sitting doesn't bode well. Both the original owner any myself have kept up the maintenance meticulously and since my purchase it has been garage kept under a Eckler corvette cover. Here are some of the highlights:

Newer Delco Battery (less than 2 yrs old)
Memory Pkg
Magnetic Selective ride
Power telescoping/manual tilt steering
HUD
50th Anniversary Pkg
CD Stereo w/Remote 12-CD changer
New Lloyd 50th Anniversary car mats
Eckler car cover
Tires (about 55% of tread remaining)
Title in Hand
Clean carfax

Vehicle has never been wrecked, however I did replace the nose cover when I purchased it. The bottom portions of the nose cover were all cracked and scarred from parking actions. Work was performed by dealer so color matches great. Interior is immaculate with the exception of a small scratch on the passenger seat (see photos). Exterior wise, there are two minor scratches on the front drivers quarter panel by the side mirror (see photos) and a small rock chip on the hood from the drive back from GA to No. VA (see photo). Haven't tried it, but may have said a clay bar will probably remove the two minor scratches.

Using information from previous AE convertible sales here on Corvette Forum along with Kelly Blue Book and NADA, believe the asking price is very fair. Will considering sharing shipping cost for buyer outside the Northern VA area who offers full asking price.

Additional photos can be viewed at http://s1362.photobucket.com/user/vette8600/library/. This vehicle would be a great gift for that corvette enthusiast who has always wanted a convertible. Thank you for taking the time to view this post.

Fred

Last edited by vette8600; 12-08-2013 at 10:26 PM.
Old 12-12-2013, 09:48 PM
vette8600
Intermediate

Ttt. Would be grateful for any feedback as to why zero interest... Thank you
Old 12-13-2013, 01:24 AM
slsnider423
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 49 Likes on 40 Posts

Good looking car. No interest? I'm surprised. Perhaps your asking price is too high. I purchased a 2004 LeMans commemorative Coupe with under 20K miles in perfect condition for $22,500 last April.
Old 12-13-2013, 07:10 AM
PHILLIE PHANATIC
Racer

Received 99 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by slsnider423
Good looking car. No interest? I'm surprised. Perhaps your asking price is too high. I purchased a 2004 LeMans commemorative Coupe with under 20K miles in perfect condition for $22,500 last April.
I don't think your price is to high. Convertibles are worth more, "When the top goes down, the price goes up". Your price is very fair, it might just be the time of year. That is my dream Vette, or an 04 LeMans Convertible. If it was 2 years later I would purchase it. Good luck, you have a great looking Vette
Old 12-13-2013, 04:56 PM
vette8600
Intermediate

Thank you for the feedback. Perhaps timing is off or perhaps I am just a blinded owner, but believe asking price is quite fair based on research and actual selling prices of other AE. This is the right vert for someone, hope they find me. Thanks again for the feedback
Old 12-16-2013, 05:37 PM
vette8600
Intermediate

Ttt....beginning if the week bump.....
Old 12-21-2013, 09:03 AM
vette8600
Intermediate

Ttt. This s a great gift for that corvette enthusiast
Old 12-21-2013, 01:38 PM
riverguy
Cruising

Default Just my opinion, for what it's worth

Just my opinion, for what it's worth. Time of year is certainly an issue. Spring sales of convertibles will always be easier and yield more.

However, in my experience, there is always a price that will sell an item, and a price that won't. It's a marketplace of individual sellers and buyers agreeing on deals. A pricing guide is just that- a guide. At any given time, within a given audience, there is a price that will bring out a buyer.

If no interest is being shown, you can change one of the variables- choose to try again at a different time, change or broaden your audience, or change your price.

I've been unfortunate enough to have to sell cars for far less than they are supposed to be worth, usually when I had little choice in when to sell.

I've also been lucky enough to have buyers in bidding wars and ended up getting more than I was asking. Usually when I had the right car in front of the right buyers at the right time. That's hard to predict, though.

Last edited by riverguy; 12-21-2013 at 01:48 PM. Reason: Added stuff
Old 12-23-2013, 10:44 PM
vette8600
Intermediate

Originally Posted by riverguy
Just my opinion, for what it's worth. Time of year is certainly an issue. Spring sales of convertibles will always be easier and yield more.

However, in my experience, there is always a price that will sell an item, and a price that won't. It's a marketplace of individual sellers and buyers agreeing on deals. A pricing guide is just that- a guide. At any given time, within a given audience, there is a price that will bring out a buyer.

If no interest is being shown, you can change one of the variables- choose to try again at a different time, change or broaden your audience, or change your price.

I've been unfortunate enough to have to sell cars for far less than they are supposed to be worth, usually when I had little choice in when to sell.

I've also been lucky enough to have buyers in bidding wars and ended up getting more than I was asking. Usually when I had the right car in front of the right buyers at the right time. That's hard to predict, though.
Agree with all said. Timing is everything. The vehicle isn't costing me anything and there is the right owner for this beauty out there. I just hate it sitting
Old 12-29-2013, 07:13 PM
vette8600
Intermediate

Ttt - beginning of the week bump. Thanks to all those that have viewed this post....an awesome car, don't let it get away....
Old 01-02-2014, 05:12 PM
cor66vette
Le Mans Master

Received 1,308 Likes on 690 Posts
C3 of Year Finalist (stock) 2019
C2 of Year Finalist (stock) 2019

Originally Posted by vette8600
,,, I just hate it sitting
Drive it and enjoy it while you have it. It's a nice car, and before you know it, it will be sold. It will be too late then, to have driven it that "one more time". Good luck.
Old 01-09-2014, 05:58 PM
vette8600
Intermediate

Bump.....having new tires mounted.....this vert is a bargain
Old 01-15-2014, 09:50 PM
vette8600
Intermediate

Mid-week bump.....
Old 06-27-2014, 05:16 PM
jwatson1218
3rd Gear

Is this car still up for grabs? My email is jwatson@citadel.edu if so. I am interested in speaking with you.

Get notified of new replies

To FS [Northern VA] AE Convertible - $25K

Quick Reply: FS [Northern VA] AE Convertible - $25K