Notices
C5 Corvettes for Sale Classifieds: Used C5 Corvettes for sale as well as modified or stock Corvettes

F/S: 1999 C5 Coupe, Loaded, Upgraded, Luxurious, $17k OBO

Old 05-12-2015, 11:01 PM
ScumOne
Racer

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
Default F/S in So Cal: 1999 C5 Coupe, Loaded, Luxurious, $15k OBO 9/24/15

Back on the block for sale 9/24/15 with $2k price reduction.

For sale is my 1999 C5 Pewter Coupe. I bought this almost three years ago needing some work. Well, you all know how it goes, you join a forum, you meet some members, they clue you in on the really good stuff to get, and upgrade your Vette with. Then my dream 2004 Commemorative Edition shows up 8 months later and you give it to your wife to drive. Well, she didn't bond with it, and now she's driving something else. Figures, right?

Fresh out of Transhine Detailing in Whittier, CA, it's had it's paint corrected, clay bar applied, polished, waxed, and engine steam cleaned as well as the interior leather & dash cleaned, conditioned and the Lloyd Ultimat mats washed. $325 for the detailing service, $300 for the mats including the matching cargo mat in back.

1999 Pewter C5 Coupe, 85k miles, $15k OBO

We don't have room to keep both Corvettes so this one has to go. Here's the rather long list of upgrades, maintenance and fixes I've had done with pics in between.

Factory Reproduction chrome ZR-1 Wheels with Michelin Pilot Sport A/S Plus HP tires. These were replaced in late 2012 at 77k miles, so they have 8k miles on them now. Best deal I could make was $2200 installed for wheels and tires with four wheel alignment. Both the front and rear rotors have been replaced, Hawk pads installed that have low dust output.

Bossani Cat Back Exhaust with X-over pipe. $1700 installed December 2012
Sound File of Exhaust at Idle: http://www.scumbackspeakers.com/99c5fs/DSCN2164.AVI

The original F45 Select Ride Control shocks gave out in February, 2014. Since they were impossible to find at less than $2400 for the four shocks, I went with the Z51 handling package. At the time Cultrag Performance was running a special on the C6 Z51 sway bars, bushings and I installed the high end Moog end links. Those were bought and installed with matching Bilstein Z51 shocks, totaling $1200. The computer had the F45 option programmed out so the car doesn't think it has it any more. I leave the three position button in the "Performance" mode.

Further enhancements to the car included the Granatelli bumper saver wheels & supports welded in, plus a West Coast Corvette radiator screen guard to keep the LS1 from sucking up debris and crap into the engine. The previous owner had just replaced the radiator, starter and alternator prior to me buying the car in August, 2012. I put in a new battery in February of 2015, so there's nothing that needs maintenance or upgrading that I know of.

The A/C system failed shortly after I bought the car. That required two new A/C actuators (left & right), drain and recharge of the A/C system, and I had the LED lights replaced/upgraded at that time. The windshield washer motor/pump was also replaced at the same time. That was another $1400.

DB Performance in Whittier, CA has done a number of enhancements to the C5 including a performance tune, new thermostat, new plugs/wires, new radiator fluid, oil change(s), transmission fluid change plus reprogramming the A4 automatic to shift faster. That made a big difference with the 3.15 rear end. They added in the Bossani exhaust, shocks, and many other upgrades totaling over $7k.

Moving on to the interior, the following has been done: Installed new sun visors, re-cushioned and added a burlap layer to the bottom of the dual power/memory capable sport seats, and put matching leather headrest cushions for better neck support and comfort. Long drives in this car are very comfortable.

Wheelskin Euro two tone leather steering wheel wrap, upgraded console arm rest and shifter boot.

The seats have had new lumbar bags installed (adult/child blood pressure cuffs) which give it way more cushion and comfort than the standard lumbar bags from the factory. Figure another 50% more travel & adjustment. The lumbar pump was replaced on the driver's side when it was found to leak, passenger side was good. The C5 rocking seat fix has been done to both seats with the aftermarket metal washer/spacers.

The center console has a gray leather shift boot, as well as a padded embroidered gray/black leather console added over the factory black console with gray piping trim. Both doors have matching gray elbow cushion pads to complete the leather upgrades. The mats are the gray Lloyd Ultimats with the C5 logo. Driving this car without your shoes on is a must!

The original sport seats and leather, plus matching leather head rest cushions for even more comfort. You can add or subtract foam to these head rest cushions for a custom fit to your liking. Way cool, let me tell you.

Lloyd Ultimat mats with C5 logo. Fold away, adjustable drink cup holders for both driver and passenger sides (work great!)

Lloyd Ultimat cargo mat with C5 logo. 1999 C5 factory service manuals (3 total) are included as well as a car cover.

The car comes with dual roofs, both painted and the tinted blue Lexan top. I had the lexan top refurbished, and there are brand new GM factory window seals the new owner can install when they are ready (two screws and 3M weatherstrip glue is what it takes). My wife found the clear top baked her blond hair and hated it, so it's been sitting in a brand new cover for 18 months. The GM seals are still in their factory sealed bags so they won't dry out.

I've replaced one of the Bose speakers (passenger side door). There is the usual dual climate control A/C system, and this car has the highest optioned sound system, including a cassette deck, 12 disc CD changer in the back, plus an IPOD/Iphone interface if you unplug the CD changer and plug the interface in. All of this works perfectly for my wife to listen to books while we drive.

Cassette, 12 disc CD changer, AM/FM, (plus the aftermarket IPOD interface), with upgraded LED lights. This is the highest audio option they had from the factory from what I understand.

The Bose speaker in this door was replaced. Cushioned arm rests match the gray leather interior.

Wheelskin Euro two tone leather steering wheel wrap, upgraded console arm rest and shifter boot.

The original sport seats and leather, plus matching leather head rest cushions for even more comfort. You can add or subtract foam to these head rest cushions for a custom fit to your liking. Way cool, let me tell you.

I could go on and on with this but I think you get the idea. I've pretty much done it all without changing the heads/etc or putting in al LS3 crate engine. There are no codes pulled during a system check, just history codes of what's been fixed. All of the gauges, HUD, tilt/telescoping steering wheel and options work, no issues.

The car gets about 22-23 MPG around town and 33-37 MPG on the highway at 85 (best I've measured). There's nothing I can think of that the new owner would need to do. There are a couple of really small dings in the BSM's from shopping carts and one on the passenger side rear fender above the wheel. I've put touch up paint on all of them, and as you can see from the pics, they're pretty hard to see. I just didn't see the need to repaint the entire car for 5 or 6 chips in the paint. I'm including the touch up paint with the car.

All in all it's a beautiful car, drives and runs great, with no maintenance or performance issues. If you want to save yourself $10k in upgrades over another base model C5, then this is your car. I've got receipts for all of the work and upgrades since August 2012. The previous owner didn't give me receipts for the starter, alternator and radiator, but my mechanic confirmed they were new, or just replaced before I got it.

If I had the room to keep it, I would, but I don't. Altogether I've got close to $28k spent on the car including the original purchase price of $14k. Prices are all over the map on the 1999 C5's, as you probably know.

I'm not trying to recoup my entire expense on this car, you just can't since some of it's maintenance. But I feel $17k is pretty realistic considering the upgrades, enhancements and fixes I've done to this one in the current market.

Shoot me an email to sales@scumbackspeakers.com or you can PM me here if you have any other questions.

The car is located in Whittier, Ca which is 13 miles southeast of downtown LA. Showing by appointment only, OK?

Thanks for looking!

Jim

LS1 5.7L 345 hp stock engine with tune.

New battery (2-15), all fluids changed/topped off. 160 degree thermostat. No overheating here!

Last edited by ScumOne; 07-27-2016 at 04:04 PM. Reason: Lowered price...
The following 2 users liked this post by ScumOne:
CorvetteBrent (12-12-2019), pdx-vette (10-10-2015)
Old 05-16-2015, 12:19 AM
ScumOne
Racer

Ttt
Old 05-23-2015, 11:00 AM
ScumOne
Racer

Ttt
Old 05-31-2015, 07:36 AM
ScumOne
Racer

Back to the Top!
Old 06-02-2015, 05:45 AM
ScumOne
Racer

To the Top...
Old 06-04-2015, 02:16 AM
ScumOne
Racer

Bump it up...
Old 06-12-2015, 05:08 AM
ScumOne
Racer

Back to the future...
Old 06-16-2015, 03:34 AM
ScumOne
Racer

Three or four strong contenders, they're just looking for a reasonable shipping quote from 90601 to their location.
Old 09-24-2015, 11:32 AM
ScumOne
Racer

My wife got her car fixed (VW Passat), then the news about VW came out. So she figures now is not the time to sell her VW and I should sell the C5.

Figures, right?

Already bought a replacement car so this one needs to go to a new home. I've got over $25k invested, looking to get $15k.
Old 09-28-2015, 12:07 AM
jmbatt
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Interested in the car. What about shipping? Thanks.
Old 10-05-2015, 06:23 AM
Mickeyrx70
Melting Slicks

Received 680 Likes on 570 Posts

Free bump for a great-looking C5 and an equally impressive For Sale description. This is a bargain! GLWS!
The following users liked this post:
ScumOne (12-11-2019)
Old 10-09-2015, 10:27 PM
Muskoka Minute
5th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What a great looking car...
I would love to buy it but the exchange rate will Kill me.
What would take in Canadian?
You can PM if you like..
Cheers!
ScumOne (12-11-2019)
Old 10-10-2015, 07:24 AM
Vetteman Jack
Administrator

Support Corvetteforum!

Location: In a parallel universe. Currently own 2014 Stingray Coupe.
Received 19,219 Likes on 13,929 Posts
C7 of the Year - Modified Finalist 2021
MO Events Coordinator
St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-
'20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Sinkhole Donor
CI 5, 8 & 11 Veteran

Good looking car and some nice upgrades. Best of luck with the sale.
ScumOne (12-11-2019)
Old 12-11-2019, 08:48 PM
ScumOne
Racer

Well, after fixing her VW Passat, she sold it. Turns out the Vette got 2 more mpg than her turbo 4 cylinder around town, and 10 more mpg on the highway than it.

So she's been driving it for the last 19 months. Still under 99k on the odometer. So there you go, out with the import, stuck with the Vette. LOL

Last edited by ScumOne; 12-11-2019 at 08:49 PM.
CorvetteBrent (12-12-2019)
Old 12-12-2019, 01:44 AM
Vetteman Jack
Administrator

Support Corvetteforum!

Location: In a parallel universe. Currently own 2014 Stingray Coupe.
Received 19,219 Likes on 13,929 Posts
C7 of the Year - Modified Finalist 2021
MO Events Coordinator
St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-
'20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Sinkhole Donor
CI 5, 8 & 11 Veteran

Looks like member is keeping the car. Thread closed.

Get notified of new replies

To F/S: 1999 C5 Coupe, Loaded, Upgraded, Luxurious, $17k OBO

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: F/S: 1999 C5 Coupe, Loaded, Upgraded, Luxurious, $17k OBO