Notices
C5 Corvettes for Sale Classifieds: Used C5 Corvettes for sale as well as modified or stock Corvettes

FS: 2002 Coupe FS T Top

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2017, 03:15 PM
ptwohey
Burning Brakes

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Default 2002 Coupe FS T Top

Be nice to me, I'm a C2 owner and in unfamiliar territory here.

I知 helping my recently widowed sister in law sell her deceased husbands 2002 by posting it here hoping to find a buyer or assistance in finding a new home for it and keeping stress away from her. Loosing her best buddy for the past 38 years when he was fighting cancer and passed at the age of 66 is tough enough. They have owned the Vette less than two years and drove it very little and it is sitting in a garage in North Carolina with very few miles since purchased from a NC Dealer.

Nothing hidden as far as questions and facts that I can answer so if you have any PM or respond here and I値l do my best to reply. I知 not making any profit but helping her buy avoiding any regrets.

I know that all the paperwork has been kept by my sister in law I saw that it has around 92,500 miles when I was driving it on May 14, 2017 after the funeral and enjoyed only good things while cruising along. Certainly not the same as my C2! Cancer is cruel and treatment allowed very little time so this car has very few miles since purchased by the couple. The history of prior owners might only be available through registry records but if you are lucky through the North Carolina dealer.
What I can say is it appears to be the original drive train, the body looks great, it has new tires and all fluids flushed and replaced including oil, brakes and coolant. This car has seen maintenance that it didn稚 need but got it anyway.

I would appreciate PM痴 concerning a reasonable asking price and I told her that what they paid to the dealer is a good start even though she has receipts that add up to over $4500 since purchase. The North Carolina dealer is being approached to buy it back and has a chance to uphold his claimed reputation but at this time it is open to everyone without any commission.

All responses are appreciated.
Old 05-16-2017, 03:44 PM
ZAZZ
Advanced

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Theres not much info here to go on, other than a 2002 C5 targa top, with about 92.5k miles.. with maintenance done and seems to run well.. going from that id say a good asking price would be $9500-$11,500.

listing the options would help such as:

stick or auto?
what color?
color of interior?
stock wheels, aftermarket?
what performance modifications, if any?
Old 05-16-2017, 04:08 PM
ptwohey
Burning Brakes

Thanks for the info. I did not copy anything
from the files but feel the dealer was not the best choice to purchase the Vette but hoping they will help in selling it.
I'll post updates that are helpfull.
Old 05-16-2017, 06:36 PM
ptwohey
Burning Brakes

I'll do my best trying to get information and it may take time out of respect and circumstances. If you live in the area of Cornelius NC, info might be easier.

I know that more detail makes the difference but here is all I know right now without making assumptions. Color is silver and according to the dealer 2002 is last year for it plus the interior is black. It is an automatic. Drive train appears original with no mods as well as the wheels. Alignment, tires, fluids may as well be considered new because this was driven very little. Tune up and all new components are also very recent. One item that has not been completed yet is that the drivers outside RV mirror needs attention or replacement but not the housing.

Looking at the sales invoice and the work done to this since purchase tells me the dealer in their own way charged for everything that should have been done to this car prior to selling it but is done now. Some of the service was done at the recommendation of the dealer at Corvette Dealer prices and not necessary. Not counting financing which is still active, $25K has been spent since purchase and all receipts will be included to the new owner.
Old 05-16-2017, 09:23 PM
earlyseventy6
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

it`s at least a five figure car ALL DAY! and with the recent 4500.00 spent on her and your description, i would not go under 15,000. IMHO , this forum is not the best place to try and sell a nice, clean Vette without getting beat up on the price..
Old 05-16-2017, 11:02 PM
Vetteman Jack
Administrator

Support Corvetteforum!

Location: In a parallel universe. Currently own 2014 Stingray Coupe.
Received 19,298 Likes on 13,971 Posts
C7 of the Year - Modified Finalist 2021
MO Events Coordinator
St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-
'20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Sinkhole Donor
CI 5, 8 & 11 Veteran

My condolences on your sister-in-law's loss and the loss of your brother.

However, if you are going to be helping her with the sale, you need to follow the forum guidelines on selling vehicles. Here are links to help you out.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...eir-parts.html

An excerpt from that rule will be of valuable guidance when you actually post the details of the car:

Site users are permitted to sell a maximum of two Corvettes on the Forum during a rolling 12-month period so long as the vehicles were acquired for personal use and not for resale. Exceeding that limit will be considered commercial sales and will require the seller to become a supporting dealer/vendor.

Site users sometimes list Corvettes for a friend or relative who is unable to market and sell the car for themselves for some legitimate reason. Those listing cars or parts they do not personally own must make this clear in their sales thread, posting the circumstances and the role they will play in the sale as well as in addressing any post-sale issues. Potential buyers should be aware of who the actual owner of the car or parts is and who would be responsible for potential disputes.

Those listing cars or parts they have no affiliation to, just for the interest of other Forum users, should specify "no affiliation" in the thread.

All vehicles listed by a user, regardless of whether they own the vehicle, will count towards the "two in a rolling calendar year" rule unless they are "no affiliation" listings.

All vehicles listed for sale on the Forum, unless sold by a Supporting Vendor, must be titled by the current owner. No "title skipping" allowed.

The forum will permit "OBO" or "serious offers" in a sale thread where a price has been stipulated.

We will not permit threads where no price is stated, and asks for open offers. Low ball offers that are clearly ridiculous in nature, will be considered a violation of the forum rule pertaining to "Interference in a for sale," thread:
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show....php?t=1118176

Members are not permitted to "gauge interest," in their item for sale thread. Such threads will create an ebay type auction, and that is unacceptable. Sellers must create their thread with an asking price included.
I am going to leave this thread in the C5 Corvettes for Sale/Wanted section, but you do need to revise your post to comply with the rules, including posting a price. If you feel you are not to the point that you can do that, I can move this over to the C5 General section and revise the title where you can get more responses on what the car might be worth and then decide on your asking price. Please let me know what you want to do with this. I will leave this open until 10 pm on 5/18/17 for you to modify the post or tell me if you want this moved to the other section. If nothing is done, I will have to delete this thread. I am sending you a PM to advise you to look at this thread.

Again, sorry for both of your losses.
Old 05-17-2017, 08:31 AM
ptwohey
Burning Brakes

Thanks for giving me the option of where to post this Vette. I read some rules but missed these details. I will update it as soon as I send this reply.

I appreciate your condolences. This guy went through a lot of pain and stress and can only hope his few rides in the Vette were enjoyable.
Originally Posted by Vetteman Jack
My condolences on your sister-in-law's loss and the loss of your brother.

However, if you are going to be helping her with the sale, you need to follow the forum guidelines on selling vehicles. Here are links to help you out.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...eir-parts.html

An excerpt from that rule will be of valuable guidance when you actually post the details of the car:

I am going to leave this thread in the C5 Corvettes for Sale/Wanted section, but you do need to revise your post to comply with the rules, including posting a price. If you feel you are not to the point that you can do that, I can move this over to the C5 General section and revise the title where you can get more responses on what the car might be worth and then decide on your asking price. Please let me know what you want to do with this. I will leave this open until 10 pm on 5/18/17 for you to modify the post or tell me if you want this moved to the other section. If nothing is done, I will have to delete this thread. I am sending you a PM to advise you to look at this thread.

Again, sorry for both of your losses.
Old 05-17-2017, 08:51 AM
ptwohey
Burning Brakes

Default 2002 Coupe $18500 ORO

To update this post to uphold Forum rules which are very reasonable I'll add this and if still not enough just drop me a note.

This is NOT my Corvette and belongs to my widowed sister in law and I am not making any profit other than feeling that I am doing something to assist her in her time of sorrow. After I determine that a potential buyer is genuine that person will be able to communicate with her.

Since posting the opening thread I did some searching and in an effort to pay off all or some of the loan on this Vette the asking price will be $18,500 ORO. This will be sold with the NC title free and clear of any liens. Receipts will show that over $23000 was spent on this car and not because it needed it and it certainly does not need it now!

This is Silver with black interior. Automatic. New tires and all new fluids including oil, brake and transmission. Recent tune up and alignment. As I know more I will update.

Photos will be posted as soon as I received the disc but I will reply to all responses.
Old 05-17-2017, 08:54 AM
ptwohey
Burning Brakes

Earlyseventy6, I tried to PM but can't so if you have recommendations at to what other ways to advertise this Vette hearing from you will be appreciated.
Old 05-23-2017, 10:52 AM
ptwohey
Burning Brakes

Let me know if you need more views

Mirror needs fixing

Dealer repaired mirror but hot glue shows

Old 05-23-2017, 10:55 AM
ptwohey
Burning Brakes

FYI, in case I did not post it clearly this is in North Carolina near Charlotte. A local family representative will be showing it. No one other than the widow is benefiting from the sale
Old 05-26-2017, 11:19 AM
ptwohey
Burning Brakes

TTT

In case I did not make it clear the Vette is open to a reasonable offer.
Old 05-26-2017, 11:48 AM
ptwohey
Burning Brakes

I do have receipts of maintenance that has been done during the 1151 miles driven by the deceased husband since purchase on Nov 11, 2015 and will share that information to any interested buyers.

Complete engine tune up with all new components including spark plugs and wires, brake fluid flushing and replacement, 4 BFG GFORCE comp 2 AS tires alone cost $700 before mounting and balancing and alignment!
Radiator flush and refill, transmission flush and refill plus filter and much more.
Old 05-26-2017, 03:19 PM
ptwohey
Burning Brakes

Default Price lowered.

I have reviewed the receipts for services that were done to this car plus the original BOS and decided that even though the owner spent $23000 on this in the short 1150 miles he drove it the asking price is lowered to $17000 and as before, serious reasonable offers will be considered.
Old 06-27-2017, 08:22 AM
ptwohey
Burning Brakes

I'm been away and can tell you that Alaska is awesome!

This car is still available and still in North Carolina. The price is somewhat negotiable to seriously interested buyers.

The original dealer made an offer on it and no doubt he would after checking similar Vette's on his lot that need work!!!
Old 07-03-2017, 03:32 PM
ptwohey
Burning Brakes

Interesting enough that this car is getting more attention on the East Coast than it is in North Carolina.

Asking price is now $15000 if sold in North Carolina.

Get notified of new replies

To 2002 Coupe FS T Top

Quick Reply: FS: 2002 Coupe FS T Top