Notices
C5 Corvettes for Sale Classifieds: Used C5 Corvettes for sale as well as modified or stock Corvettes

FS: FS 03 MY Z06 Fully Built FI in OC, Ca

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2017, 01:08 PM
thekid96
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default FS 03 MY Z06 Fully Built FI in OC, Ca

2003 Millenium Yellow Corvette Z06
3rd owner, clean title and Carfax, never crashed, 44,xxx miles. Car is located in South Orange County, Ca.

$22,000 is the price. Not negotiable and the buyer is responsible for picking it up or arranging transportation.

Full disclosure before you read on: The car was well built and developed for two years. Top shelf parts and built to drive hard on the street or track. I have moved on to other hobbies and the car has been sitting for two years. I’ve kept it on a battery charger and started it frequently but not driven it. Today I started it and let it warm up to take it around the block. It fired right up as usual and ran for about five minutes, at which point it shut off and won’t start. I can’t hear the fuel pump running so I believe it popped a fuse or the fuel pump relay. At this point I am not willing to trouble shoot or deal with it and listing for a quick, easy, make it go away price. The price is better than part-out value worst case and I am all about a convenient transaction, not going to answer endless questions, take it to shops for inspection, etc. If you have the cash ready and would like to arrange for a carrier to pick up the car, you’re my guy.

California buyers full disclosure: The car is clearly not smog legal, and hasn’t been registered for 2-3 years. I will require you sign a bill of sale stating it is for offroad use only. What you might choose to do from there is up to you.

On to the good stuff: I bought the car in immaculate condition with 19k miles and decided I wanted to go FI after spending too much time on CF. Charlie at RPM and Ryne at CMS have done the majority of work on the car and it was always well maintained. The car has always been garaged and shows very well for a 15 year old vehicle.

Engine: Big bore, short stroke engine makes boost fast. Stock stroke and 4.125” bore = 388”. Darton sleeved LS2 block with Katech main caps, properly sleeved by Steve at R.E.D. Stock LS3 crank, Callies rods, Wiseco pistons @ 9.5:1cr. Yella Terra ultralight rockers, custom cam, new valve springs. Edelbrock 245 big bore heads fully cnc’d by Richard/WCCH. Engine was built and tuned by Charlie at RPM in Valencia, Ca. Cam spec as well (don’t know the specs). It has less than 12k miles on the engine build. Honestly I can’t remember every spec and part but it’s a fully built engine.
-LS2 intake/LG tb
-Brand new Dewitts radiator
-Biggest Setrab oil cooler you can fit up front
-Kooks 1 7/8” headers (no cats)
-Full true 3” Magnaflow exhaust all the way back. Rich made it in the R&D shop, it’s the only one.
-Innovate wideband
-Full ECS fuel system and huge Magnaflow regulator. You won’t run out if you want to go big.
-ECS meth kit

FI: ECS NOVI2000 SC kit, the head unit and billet bracket. Full ECS fuel system and meth kit as well. The intercooler has been changed out for an A&A ic to take advantage of the forced air cowling. We had issues with iat and oil temps with the ECS intercooler and ended up swapping it out. The ic swap and bigger oil cooler dropped oil temps 20-30 degrees.
Car is currently set up on a conservative/rich tune at 14lbs boost which made 765rwhp on crap Ca 91 pump gas. We made 815rwhp on an aggressive tune but the car was never driven on that tune. I’m going to strongly recommend the new owner gets a new throttle body and have the car tuned to their own satisfaction before letting her rip.

Drivetrain and chassis: fully built to withstand the hp obviously.
-RPM stage 5 T56 wiith G Force close ratio 5/6 gear. Car pulls all the way with no rpm drop. RPM stage 5 diff with 3.42’s. Both are perfect.
-Brand new Mcleod twin and Tick master with remote bleeder.
-LG Carbon Fiber prop shaft with solid couplers.
-MGW short shifter
-Pfadt trans brace
-Brand new SKF hubs on all four corners
-Stop Tech BBK 385 front 355 rear. Basically brand new.
-Car will come with two sets of Mallett 396 wheels. The set shown on the car are gunmetal and the other set is gloss black. Both sets are powder coated and in excellent condition. I think they were $4800 each new…

Suspension:
-Pfadt Coil Overs, first generation.
-Pfadt Big sways front and rear with billet pillow blocks
-Corner weighted and aligned for aggressive street/moderate track.

Interior: Great condition with no real wear. Has the HUD display. Corbea A4 seats and a harness bar with some old expired 5 point harnesses. Carpet, dash, etc in great shape.

Exterior: I would give the exterior an 8.5 rating. The paint is in excellent condition and shines well. Never had and body panels repainted. The wear items to point out are few. Usual chips and scuffs on the front bumper. The rocker panels have some minor patina from running sticky tires. There are two small red stains by the gas cap, although they aren’t overtly noticeable. Also as you can see in the pics, it has on of the few Halltech CF license vents.

Old 07-21-2017, 11:20 AM
thekid96
Pro

Bumping this back up. Car went to the shop and the FPR was repaired. Car is now running normally and ready to go.
Old 07-31-2017, 10:22 PM
thekid96
Pro

TTT for price drop $20k
Old 08-12-2017, 10:26 AM
thekid96
Pro

Sold
Old 08-12-2017, 02:44 PM
Vetteman Jack
Administrator

Support Corvetteforum!

Location: In a parallel universe. Currently own 2014 Stingray Coupe.
Received 19,298 Likes on 13,971 Posts
C7 of the Year - Modified Finalist 2021
MO Events Coordinator
St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-
'20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Sinkhole Donor
CI 5, 8 & 11 Veteran

Car sold, thread closed.

Get notified of new replies

To FS 03 MY Z06 Fully Built FI in OC, Ca

Quick Reply: FS: FS 03 MY Z06 Fully Built FI in OC, Ca