FS (For Sale) 2004 Silver Auto. 2-Owner Low Miles, Clean, Bolt-ons - CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

Go Back  CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion > C5 Corvettes, 1997 - 2004 > C5 Corvettes for Sale
Reload this Page >

FS: 2004 Silver Auto. 2-Owner Low Miles, Clean, Bolt-ons

Notices
C5 Corvettes for Sale Classifieds: Used C5 Corvettes for sale as well as modified or stock Corvettes

FS: 2004 Silver Auto. 2-Owner Low Miles, Clean, Bolt-ons

Old 06-20-2018, 01:33 PM
imgn tht
CF Senior Member

St. Jude Donor '13, '15
Default 2004 Silver Auto. 2-Owner Low Miles, Clean, Bolt-ons

Hello all. Looking to sell my 2004 Coupe Automatic. Asking price as is $17,000 OBO. Car is located in the western suburbs of Chicago.

Basics of the car: 2004 coupe, automatic. Silver (67U) exterior, black interior with sport seats. Painted top only, sport seats, standard suspension package (no selective ride), factory LS6 intake plenum, 2.73 gears, Heads Up Display. Clean title, no accidents. Currently 28,600 miles, but will go up as I drive it regularly. Paint is really well maintained. No tears or damage to the seats. Mechanically, the car is solid, no check engine lights. Starts every time and is a good driver. Headlights go up and down without concern, no gear issues. 2004 automatics did not have the column lock issue, common to older models. I'm throwing in the following with the sale of the car--factory exhaust, factory silver plate cover, the CD that came with the car, a cargo net (brand new in packaging), the cargo shade cover, Blackwing cleaner/oil, one extra TPMS, leftover roll of grey vinyl, set of rain day floor mats, and the wooden ramps I used. I do NOT have the factory fuel rail (beauty) covers. Never raced or abused, adult driven it's whole life, non-smoker car.

Ownership history: My Father-In-Law bought this car new June of 2004. It remained 100% stock during his ownership time. He never drove it in the rain and stored it for the winter, but still started it regularly and took the occasional drive when it was dry out. After having back surgery, he decided it was time to sell with only 16,000 miles on the clock. During his ownership, the fuel pumps were replaced by the dealership after a failure while coming home from a trip to Michigan (If I recall correctly this was 2010 or 2011). There have been no issues with them since. I have his maintenance records for review should you want them. In Sept 2012, I purchased the car from him and proceeded to slowly transform it to where it is today. Reason I’m selling is because I’m losing interest in maintaining three vehicles and the initial excitement of owning a Corvette (my dream car) is slowing wearing off. I was in the right place at the right time to buy this car, but lifestyle now is not as conducive to keeping it any longer. I hope to be back in another Corvette later in life.

Maintenance: When I bought the car, I had all fluids replaced with new (Brake, Trans, Oil, Coolant Flush). I do an oil change once a year with Mobil 1 5W-30 Full Synthetic and a WIX oil filter. Currently has a magnetic oil drain plug installed. Slotted brake rotors and ceramic low dust pads replaced in 2013 and still good. Tires are Michelin Pilot Super Sports with approx 8,000 miles on them. Summer 2017, I replaced both driver and passenger side AIR check valves and the Oil Pressure Sending Unit (behind the intake, preventative maintenance while I was back there). In March 2018, I had the trans fluid, filter and pan gasket changed again as I had a small leak coming from the pan. I still see some from time to time but added gasket sealer and have yet to see any more. In April/May 2018 the following was performed: Cleaned and re-oiled the Blackwing air filter, cleaned the MAF and TB, installed new AC Delco spark plugs and wires, new battery installed, new O2 sensors upstream (both sides). Just passed IL emissions in June 2018.

Damage Callouts:
1) Scratch/Scuff—The previous owner got a scratch on the passenger side rear fascia just below the spoiler. It measures about 3 inches long, is not deep, but has not polished out. It is faint and only noticed in the right light, but there nonetheless.
2) HUD—I’ve noticed cracking of the inner trim of the HUD unit. Must be from sun damage having spent the last few years parked outside my office while I am at work.
3) Weather-Strip—Slight tear in the top corners where the window glass meets the rear of the targa top. Common to have from removal and installation of the targa over the years. Had previously fixed with black sealant, and should be able to be done again.
4) Wiper cowl--There are a few broken plastic braces on the driver's side.
5) Door arm rests--I had Mid America Pads installed at one time and the tape holding them to the door left some indentations when I removed them.

Modifications: There are some mods shown in the pictures that have since been removed and sold seperately. These include: Halo LED Taillights, Adjure Reverse light panel, smoked 3rd brake light, blue door armrests, and blue marble shift **** and adapter.

PERFORMANCE UPGRADES
SLP Blackwing Cold Air Intake w/Smooth Coupler
GHL Bullet Exhaust
Street Tune performed by Speed Inc.

WHEELS / TIRES / BRAKES / SUSPENSION UPGRADES
Forgestar F14 Gloss Gunmetal Wheels F: 18x8.5; R: 19x11 (The rear passenger side wheel has about 2" of curb damage hidden by bands)
Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires F: 255/50/18 R: 295/35/19.
Rim Pro-Tec Wheel Bands (Blue)
Slotted Rotors and Ceramic Pads
Lemans Blue Painted Calipers
Lowered on Factory Adjusting Bolts

EXTERIOR UPGRADES
Carbon Fiber Side Skirts--slight damage to passenger side.
SLP Rear Spoiler--Just installed April 2018
Lower Rear Fascia Wrapped in Gunmetal Vinyl
VetteStripes.com Blue/Gunmetal Vinyl Fender Hash Marks
15% Tint on Doors and Rear Glass
Race Mesh Polished Screens (Fender Coves and Rear Fascia)
C5 Corvette Polished Exhaust Enhancer Plate
Carbon Fiber Look Emblem Overlays
C6 Corvette Splash Guards...Trimmed to fit the C5.
SacCity Fangs frame rail protectors

ENGINE BAY APPEARANCE
Battery Den Cover (not shown in picture)--Just a homemade piece painted flat black.
Painted Hood Liner Logo

INTERIOR UPGRADES
Silver Gauge Surrounds
Redline Goods Perforated Leather w/Blue Stitching-Armrest Cover, Shift Boot, and E-Brake Boot
Lemans Blue Raised Steering Wheel Emblem, Air Bag Lettering, and Door Sill Emblems
Like New Black Floor Mats w/ C5 Logo Embroidery

LIGHTING UPGRADES
ACA HID Projector Headlamps
Smoked DRL Parking Light Housings with Amber/White Switchback bulbs.
Hyperflash Harness
LED Rear Side Marker Bulbs

PM me or reply if interested. I will do my best to answer all questions in a timely manner. I actively view the forum and monitor my inbound messages so you will get a prompt response. Pictures are attached, more can be provided should you need anything specific. I might be forgetting a few things, so if you don't see it mentioned please ask so I can address it. Thank you for looking.
Attached Images          

Last edited by imgn tht; 09-19-2018 at 09:39 PM.
Old 06-20-2018, 01:35 PM
imgn tht
CF Senior Member

St. Jude Donor '13, '15
Default Callouts

More pictures...
Attached Images      
The Following User Says Thank You to imgn tht For This Useful Post:
mclaugj (07-28-2018)
Old 06-20-2018, 01:40 PM
imgn tht
CF Senior Member

St. Jude Donor '13, '15
Default More Details

A few more...
Attached Images       

Last edited by imgn tht; 07-01-2018 at 06:57 PM.
Old 06-20-2018, 01:50 PM
imgn tht
CF Senior Member

St. Jude Donor '13, '15
Default Interior

Interior shots...
Attached Images      
Old 06-20-2018, 02:51 PM
ParisTNDude
CF Senior Member

Default Nice Car

This is a very nice and honest Corvette that someone should jump on real quick.

Last edited by ParisTNDude; 06-20-2018 at 02:52 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to ParisTNDude For This Useful Post:
imgn tht (06-20-2018)
Old 07-05-2018, 09:31 AM
imgn tht
CF Senior Member

St. Jude Donor '13, '15

Ttt.
Old 08-08-2018, 08:18 AM
Jeff T.
CF Senior Member

St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18

This car is stunning in person!!!
GLWS!!
The Following User Says Thank You to Jeff T. For This Useful Post:
imgn tht (08-08-2018)
Old 08-25-2018, 12:18 PM
imgn tht
CF Senior Member

St. Jude Donor '13, '15

Reduced price to $18,900. This is well within the current market value, but I am still open to offers.
Old 09-06-2018, 09:51 AM
imgn tht
CF Senior Member

St. Jude Donor '13, '15

Still seeking a serious buyer. Price reduced and 1st post updated.
Old 09-19-2018, 02:35 PM
imgn tht
CF Senior Member

St. Jude Donor '13, '15

Bump...here are snapshots of the Car Fax report. I've also got a Vin Check report that is far more comprehensive and will share with interested parties.

Last edited by imgn tht; 09-19-2018 at 02:43 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: FS: 2004 Silver Auto. 2-Owner Low Miles, Clean, Bolt-ons

Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.