Notices
C5 Corvettes for Sale Classifieds: Used C5 Corvettes for sale as well as modified or stock Corvettes

WTT: 1999 firehawk formula wtt for z06

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2018, 08:30 PM
1qwkc6z06
Instructor

Received 32 Likes on 15 Posts
Default 1999 firehawk formula wtt for z06

1999 Formula Firehawk
64,000 miles
six speed

EXTERIOR:
Easy 9 out of 10. The exterior is stock, other than the wheels, which are OEM GM Grand Sports. I have some Venture Shield paint protection film on everything below the moldings, including the rockers and also the splash areas of the rear bumper. Rear filler panel has been sanded/polished to remove the red bird logo, but you can still see where it was, and I liked the way it looked at that point so I didn't go any further. The paint is in very good condition, I polished it back when I first bought it and I am very careful about how I wash the car so it still looks great but it does have some super light swirls now. I'm confident that you will agree that it is one of the best condition f-body's you have ever seen. I have a BLS HID kit on the car, it is composed of Hella projectors and a DDM tuning 55w 4500k ballast/bulb combo. This is without a doubt the best headlight setup available for a 98+ firebird. License plate light is an LED strip now. It has Wincos 20% on the side and rear windows. Fog lights have silver star bulbs.

INTERIOR: The interior is pretty clean, 9 out of 10 b/c of the cracked door panels and some wear on the carpet behind the drivers seat. I got the car with a seriously ridiculous stereo system in it, it came out immediately. I still have some of those parts lying around if you are interested, nothing impressive, old stuff. There is no trace of an audio system anywhere in this car other than the stock wiring harness, which was cut at the amp plug. I can get another plug if you want it...I was just going to run new wires off of an aftermarket amp all the way to the speakers. I do have quite a few parts that can go with it if the buyer is interested. I have everything needed to make it work and also some aftermarket items to make it sound real good for a little bit extra if you are interested. I put a manual seat on the drivers side, but I still have the power seat parts if you want them. Rear seats have been removed, but I still have them and they will go with the car. Spare tire is also gone, but I still have everything...somewhere.

MY OPINION OF THE CAR: If you are interested in it, I'm sure you already know (or know how to find the numbers) that this is a pretty rare combo. This isn't the cleanest f-body out there but it is definitely in very good condition, the first thing most people comment on when they see it is about how clean it is. It is tastefully modded and very balanced in my opinion. It has reasonable power, brake and suspension upgrades, not 1000whp on stock brakes and suspension. It sounds great, not too loud but definitely louder than stock. Handles very well, feels stable and solid, very easy to control entering a corner on the brakes and coming out of it on the gas (assuming you have some experience with performance driving). I feel confident going fast in it, unlike every other f-body I have been in.

MODIFICATIONS:

Blackbird Light Solutions HID Projector Kit 55w/4500k
AMW Catch Can (Clear Anodized)
Turn One power steering pump with the pretty pulley and Red Line Fluid.
Direct Flo Lid with K&N Filter
LS6 Intake Manifold
American Racing 1 3/4 inch Long Tube Headers
Custom 3 inch y-pipe with a Flowmaster merge to 3.5 with v-band clamps, reduces near the rear axle to 3inch and has another v-band to the stock SLP exhaust from there. Very good ground clearance.
Baer GT+ Front Brake Kit w/ new13.125 inch slotted rotors and SS Lines (ATE Super Blue Fluid)
Rears are stock sized new Racing Brake Slotted Rotors
PRO 5.0 Shifter with shimmed springs and Lou's Short Stick, best shifter setup in my opinion.
Textralia OZ700 with a lightweight Fidanza Alum flywheel, McLeod master with the Wilwood rebuild in it.
Koni Single Adjustable Shocks
Strano Springs
Strano Hollow Sway Bars (front and rear)
Fays-2 Watts Link (makes a massive difference in the way the car feels)
UMI Double Adjustable Roto-Joint LCAs
GM Grand Sport Wheels with BFG KD 275s and 315s

THE BAD: Both door panels are cracked. Window motors work but drivers side will get stuck if you let it go all the way to the bottom, I stop it just before it goes into the seal and it works fine, moves fast. Passenger side is a bit slower, but has never given me a problem.

I can take more pics of the car upon request. The car will come with the Fikse wheels as pictured and the Grand Sport wheels

Old 06-26-2018, 08:58 PM
Vetteman Jack
Administrator

Support Corvetteforum!

Location: In a parallel universe. Currently own 2014 Stingray Coupe.
Received 19,232 Likes on 13,933 Posts
C7 of the Year - Modified Finalist 2021
MO Events Coordinator
St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-
'20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Sinkhole Donor
CI 5, 8 & 11 Veteran

Forum rules require you to post a value on your vehicle. Please edit your original post and add a price by 8 pm on 6/27/18 or this thread will be removed. Thanks.
Old 06-26-2018, 09:07 PM
1qwkc6z06
Instructor

Received 32 Likes on 15 Posts

21,000 obo
Old 06-28-2018, 12:41 AM
Vetteman Jack
Administrator

Support Corvetteforum!

Location: In a parallel universe. Currently own 2014 Stingray Coupe.
Received 19,232 Likes on 13,933 Posts
C7 of the Year - Modified Finalist 2021
MO Events Coordinator
St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-
'20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Sinkhole Donor
CI 5, 8 & 11 Veteran

Thanks for adding a price. Good luck with your trade.

Get notified of new replies

To 1999 firehawk formula wtt for z06

Quick Reply: WTT: 1999 firehawk formula wtt for z06