Notices
C5 Corvettes for Sale Classifieds: Used C5 Corvettes for sale as well as modified or stock Corvettes

FS: [MO] 1999 Pewter FRC $11K

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2018, 01:43 PM
ttankers
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default [MO] 1999 Pewter FRC $11K

$10,000
140,000 miles
St. Louis, MO

Hi guys. Well I've had my fun with the car and I guess it's time to get serious because I'm needing to pay for a wedding now!

First off, there is a lien on the car through a local bank. The car is currently in St. Louis, MO. I have the lien process down pat so hopefully this isn't an issue for any potential buyers.

I have a 1999 Pewter FRC with a 6-speed and 140k miles on the all-original engine and drivetrain. The most-previous owner had the car for a matter of months before selling it to me (I think he got the better of me on the deal). Immediately after purchasing it I found all the little things I should have looked for and he could/should have been honest about.

According to the PO, the clutch had been recently replaced and it feels that way with no funky driveability issues. The transmission fluid could maybe use a change, as driving it in the colder temps revealed a 3rd-4th grind that I learned is common in the early T-56s. This summer I've been able to shift the car literally as quickly as I know how with no scary noises. The engine has not made a peep in my ownership, and it runs like what I assume a much lower mile car would. It is ALL original to my knowledge. Doesnt burn or leak ANYTHING.

The front windshield, mufflers, and rear shocks were supposedly replaced before my purchase. Mufflers must be stock-looking aftermarkets. Rear shocks are supposed to be Bilsteins, but I haven't verified.

The night I bought the car, I pulled the interior to find the common FRC water leaks. The headliner edges were water damaged/frayed and it is beyond repair. It is the only piece of the car that I didn't keep. I removed an aftermarket alarm system that was messing with the door locks, as well as a dead mouse that had made a home of the car while I'm guessing what must have been a long stay outdoors. I have one VATS key and one regular flat key that can just be used as a spare for the doors. I don't have a fob.

After disassembling the interior, I then proceeded to replace the cracked reveal molding around the doors and the rear glass. The rear glass molding may need to be taken out and reseated in places, as for whatever reason there are parts that would not seat correctly in the channel. The sun visors are re-upholstered replacements and look great, but one side has a broken hinge on the lighted mirror. The HVAC blower motor was recently replaced as well as the AC compressor, condenser, orifice tube, and accumulator. I've yet to charge the new system but the heat and new fan work great.

Tires are not the stock run-flats, Continental something in the stock sizes, but the wheels are stock and look great. There is a clunk coming from the left rear suspension that I aim to fix before the time of sale (believe it to be a sway bar end link). I've not tracked the car but it handles wonderfully and predictably on the street.

Interior is all there, but the driver seat bottom is blared out from two previous owners ago. He was an elderly man that sold the car because he couldn't get in and out of it anymore. It should definitely be replaced. The only other issue to speak of is intermittent turn signal speed fluctuations. Could be the hazard switch, but it hasn't bothered me enough to fix it yet. All exterior lights work as they should.

ANY other questions please let me know! I've tried to divulge any and all pertinent information.

Last edited by ttankers; 08-15-2018 at 01:40 PM. Reason: Added location
Old 07-26-2018, 11:44 AM
ttankers
6th Gear

To the top.

I realize the asking price is optimistic, I'd gladly take an offer on the car and wouldn't care about delivering it to a reasonably close buyer (<500 miles).

Last sale I made I drove the car from Saint Louis to Indianapolis. To get home I met the buyer at the airport where we test drove, he paid and I rented a car at the airport to drive home. I'd be happy to do that again!
Old 07-29-2018, 07:25 PM
Matt Busby
2nd Gear

I may be interested in the car. Can you send any additional pictures to matt@motorsportspark.org
Old 07-30-2018, 11:09 AM
ttankers
6th Gear

Originally Posted by Matt Busby
I may be interested in the car. Can you send any additional pictures to matt@motorsportspark.org
Sent you an email! Should be able to send you any pictures you need after work.
Old 08-15-2018, 01:39 PM
ttankers
6th Gear

Picture overload! Price updated to 10k in original post.

Last edited by ttankers; 08-15-2018 at 01:45 PM. Reason: Price edit, added photos
Old 09-14-2018, 08:43 AM
ttankers
6th Gear

Ttt

Get notified of new replies

To [MO] 1999 Pewter FRC $11K

Quick Reply: FS: [MO] 1999 Pewter FRC $11K