Notices
C5 Corvettes for Sale Classifieds: Used C5 Corvettes for sale as well as modified or stock Corvettes

FS: 03 c5 z06

Old 06-13-2019, 10:28 PM
chuck dominick
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 28 Likes on 19 Posts
Default 03 c5 z06

have owned the car for almost 4 years and all the mods were done professionally by a certified Corvette mechanic with me there assisting so I know everything on the car is right.I have had the car on the track a few times and that is why we did all the mods. It can be an everyday driver or solely a track car because everything we did was either for handling or precaution. The oversize Dewitts radiator with the oil cooler works great to keep temps down. The Vararam induction actually gets better gas mileage and supposedly extra horsepower..
We replaced the valve springs as a precaution because there was a bad run and they tend to break. Nothing else except spark plugs has been done to the engine. We replaced the stock clutch with an LS7 complete assembly and installed a Tick slave cylinder so it will never hang up along with a remote clutch fluid change tube so I can always have clean clutch fluid. While we had everything apart we checked the trans and drive shaft everything was good but we replaced the driveshaft bearings as a precaution. The MGW always makes positive shifts. The tire and brakes are all in very good shape (KNS, Brembo, Carbotech and braided steel brake lines) The suspension is Pfadt coil overs with Johnny O'Connel sway bars.
We replaced the flimsy exhaust heat shield with a 3/8 inch thick shield and installed extra heat insulation. Something that no Vette should be without. Interior... Red and black. I didn't like the red on the knee bolster and glove compartment so we put black ones in. I have the red and they are in great shape. Also replaced the radio bezel with a new one just because it gave a better appearance. The annoying steering wheel lockout has been completely eliminated. ( GM decided that it would be a good idea to completely disable a car if they got some kind of reading.
We have overridden it and guaranteed it will never happen to this car) Also installed a skip shift. Please call me and I will give you a 100% honest answer to all your questions. I have a 2012 Grand Sport and now we also have a 2019 Grand Sport. I have no more garage space.315 430 5887

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: FS: 03 c5 z06