Notices
C5 Corvettes for Sale Classifieds: Used C5 Corvettes for sale as well as modified or stock Corvettes

SOLD 2001 lpe tt z06

Old 12-18-2019, 10:07 PM
stevens11bravo
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I remember seeing this car on here a couple of years ago. Looking back at the old thread the previous owner stated a couple issues. Though they are nothing serious, I just wanted to know if they have been resolved? Also does this car burn through plug wires often, I know that seems to be a common issue with most turbo vettes I've seen?

Small issues with the car:
- Computer occasionally throws a light for a clutch switch code (P0704). I talked to Vengeance Racing about this (they performed the auto swap) and they said that this happens because the computer doesn't recognize a clutch. The code can easily be deleted through HP Tuners so the light doesn't pop up. I usually just clear the code and it stays off for a few hundred miles.
- The driver side door sometimes doesn't unlock with the fob (I sometimes have to use the key). This is a common C5 Corvette problem and is most likely due to a bad relay in the door module. A new relay just needs to be soldered in.
Old 12-19-2019, 06:32 AM
vrybad
Le Mans Master

Received 707 Likes on 391 Posts

Originally Posted by stevens11bravo
I remember seeing this car on here a couple of years ago. Looking back at the old thread the previous owner stated a couple issues. Though they are nothing serious, I just wanted to know if they have been resolved? Also does this car burn through plug wires often, I know that seems to be a common issue with most turbo vettes I've seen?

Small issues with the car:
- Computer occasionally throws a light for a clutch switch code (P0704). I talked to Vengeance Racing about this (they performed the auto swap) and they said that this happens because the computer doesn't recognize a clutch. The code can easily be deleted through HP Tuners so the light doesn't pop up. I usually just clear the code and it stays off for a few hundred miles.
- The driver side door sometimes doesn't unlock with the fob (I sometimes have to use the key). This is a common C5 Corvette problem and is most likely due to a bad relay in the door module. A new relay just needs to be soldered in.
Clutch code has been corrected.
Driver side door lock does sometimes not unlock with the fob. I never corrected this as I haven't seen a critical need to do so.
Plug wires are fine, they have the fire-proof boots around them.
The following users liked this post:
CorvetteBrent (01-15-2020)
Old 01-14-2020, 02:03 PM
NURVUS
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Please post all invoices of work done to this car. Thanks Chris
Old 01-15-2020, 07:15 AM
vrybad
Le Mans Master

Received 707 Likes on 391 Posts

Car sold.