Notices
C5 Corvettes for Sale Classifieds: Used C5 Corvettes for sale as well as modified or stock Corvettes

FS: FREE 1997 C5 with 154k miles - Denver

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2020, 04:58 PM
JeffreyDurbin
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

I rode a buddy's dirt bike when I was 15 and asked my dad if I could get a motorcycle. He quickly said, "No." It probably saved my life.

I have three cars in Naples (2004 Corvette Z06, 1985 Porsche 928 and a Mercedes B-class electric because we need a four seater to pick up guests at the airport.) Two cars in Colorado, neither of which is necessary.

I suppose if there is no interest we will drive it as far as St. Louis and my daughter can drive it. She totaled the BMW she drove in college. She'll choke when she sees what insurance costs. LOL.
Old 08-06-2020, 08:11 AM
Theman5
Pro

Received 27 Likes on 27 Posts

Price change from the first post?
Old 08-06-2020, 08:52 AM
JeffreyDurbin
Instructor

You mean from 'free'? I got an offer for $3,500 - $3,600 without it being fixed. Buyer taking all the risk that the mechanical wasn't severe. I am removing that risk from the equation. I don't see much movement from the $5,000. At some point, I simply get the exterior fixed as well and have a C5 that looks and runs great. They have finally started to nudge up a bit in value.
Old 08-06-2020, 11:33 PM
Theman5
Pro

Originally Posted by JeffreyDurbin
You mean from 'free'? I got an offer for $3,500 - $3,600 without it being fixed. Buyer taking all the risk that the mechanical wasn't severe. I am removing that risk from the equation. I don't see much movement from the $5,000. At some point, I simply get the exterior fixed as well and have a C5 that looks and runs great. They have finally started to nudge up a bit in value.
I was thinking the $5k price you mentioned
Old 08-07-2020, 09:18 AM
JeffreyDurbin
Instructor

Yes. I think $5k gives the buyer plenty of room to get the cosmetics done and still have a very good value. I'm still a Corvette owner and will be for life. I don't want anyone on the forum feeling cheated and badmouthing me here. Bad karma isn't worth it. Let's see what Corvette Connection says. They're working on it now. Ideally, they will finish today or Monday at the latest.
Old 08-08-2020, 05:16 PM
Synd
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Going to send you a PM

Edit: LOL ok never mind, I can't yet but will when my account is approved

Edit 2:
I've checked back in a couple of times but for some reason I can't PM you. Sorry about that. You can email or give me a call if time is an issue.

Last edited by Synd; 08-10-2020 at 02:16 PM.
Old 08-11-2020, 11:48 AM
JeffreyDurbin
Instructor

Just checked in with Corvette Connection. They are slammed and will not have my car done by this Friday. Which means I won't be able to drop it off in Texas or Tampa on my way back to Naples over the weekend. Anyone interested should plan on shipping it from Corvette Connection or driving it home from them once fixed. The owner assures me that it will not roll out of there without being mechanically sound. So that is the good news for anyone still interested.

We are committed to flying to Denver on Thursday night because we have some last stuff we are bringing back and we are moving our son into college on Monday in St. Louis. I will stop by Corvette Connection on Friday and take many more photos so everyone has a better idea of the interior.

As I mentioned and the photos show, the glass roof and driver fender are F quality. The bumper cover is C quality (I missed the scuff when I bought it.) Everything else needs a decent buff and polish to look like new.

Thank you for your patience! When this is done someone will get a sound car that needs some cosmetics at a very reasonable price. Not a bad way to get into the C5 club.
Old 08-14-2020, 12:52 PM
JeffreyDurbin
Instructor

Mechanical is fixed! Cost me $1,100. That does NOT include the AC but I can get that fixed in Florida rather easily. My wife and I are here to drive back the Ford Edge SUV and we decided to drive back both cars. That gives me the opportunity to get the paint and AC done and then sell it in SW Florida. If someone wants it and they are along the way let me know. (Denver to St. Louis to Nashville to SW Florida.)
Old 08-16-2020, 09:46 PM
Theman5
Pro

Any idea on AC? Nothing electronic I would hope.

Quick Reply: FS: FREE 1997 C5 with 154k miles - Denver