C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

how to change the belt on a&a

Old 08-21-2015, 06:13 PM
BLOWNBLUEZ06@RKT Performance
Supporting Vendor

Received 314 Likes on 207 Posts

Originally Posted by ascastil
Yes, I realize the thread is 10 yrs old, which is why I asked.

I was hoping I could unbolt the alternator pulley but it looks like I have the star design like mentioned above so I cant do that. Ill have to start loosening stuff up.
If you can get the belt around everything else, except the alternator, wrap a rag around the belt so you can get a good grip on it, with your left palm up, grab the belt and pull it over the alternator pulley. If you don't have enough slack, remove the manual tensioner completely, install the belt and reinstall the manual tensioner.
Old 08-21-2015, 10:38 PM
rodsvet
Pro

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Go to A&A's site and they have an old video that shows you how to install the belt on the older style brackets. It isn't the greatest video, but it should help you out. If you have a buddy to help and a lift, it isn't too bad to do. Alone, it can be a bitch. You get better and faster the more times you do it. If your pulleys aren't aligned pretty close, you will be doing it again. I've been running the same belt for 7 years and it looks brand new. But I've only put 15,000 miles since FI. Good luck, Rod

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: how to change the belt on a&a