C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Baddest blown 427 on the planet

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2006, 12:46 PM
DT
Le Mans Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hahaha, nice!

So you line up with someone at the tree, your belt breaks on Supercharger 1, and you still have 1200HP on deck
Old 04-29-2006, 11:16 PM
7.0sc SuperVette
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Sunny Earthquake Country, USA On the Left Coast (which is becoming more Right!)
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Wow...you got it!...I'm impressed!

Originally Posted by Skunkworks
That is truly a one of a kind. 2.5 power adders… half a twin turbo feeding a Vortech which intern feeds twin screw.

1000+RWTQ at idle then watch out…

Are you thinking at low RPM Vortech feeds KB multiplying boost thus torque, then after XXXX RPM turbo kicks in and feeds Vortech. The Vortech then acts like a turbine which intern unloads parasitic losses and also helps to drive KB… (so no belt issues). Hmmmm ingenious, then by running only one turbo you cut backpressure to boost ratio by half.

I can’t type anymore while keeping a straight face. Gotta go…

Mike
It is so simple-I don't know why I didn't think of it!
The turbo is driven by the engine exhaust and with a very high pressure ratio the velocity pressure of the turbo compressor effluent effectively drives the Vortech compressor wheel which increases the pressure ratio and the charge is subsequently is directed into the KB inlet which drives the lobes with the perpendicular component of the velociry pressure vector and further increases the pressure ratio with the important added advantage of sealing the air path from reversion (due to the positve displacement nature of the KB)!

THIS IS THE KEY FACTOR IN THE COMPRESSION CHAIN THAT APPARENTLY HAS STOPPED PRIOR EFFORTS IN THE DEVELOPMENT OF THE SCHEME!!!

I'm aghast! Andy figured out this complex scheme and you recognized it immediately and it was right there all the time for all to see and we MISSED IT!

Thank God for the CORVETTE FORUM! I'm proud to be associated with this sophistcated group of technical intelligencia!

No more blower belt alignment issues, no more snapping belts in the remote desert and having to be airlifted out, no more trying to get alternator pulleys off! blowers driven by blowers and NO BELTS!

Hallelujah! Hallelujah! Hallelujah!

God bless Andy!

Humble Roy
Old 04-30-2006, 01:36 AM
0Synergy Motorsports
Former Vendor

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Wheres the direct port???? LOL. Thats hella funny. I am sure that freaks some people out when they walk into your shop. Now if you can stuff all that in the car, rock on.
Old 05-01-2006, 01:19 PM
bernrex
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

AMERICAN HP .... don't change the cam yet. It may take more than just the cam

OK ... lets acknowledge that yours is only a 402 cube ....
Old 05-01-2006, 01:38 PM
glennd
Pro

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

I am sure if American HP wants to respond to this, Andy will not request that he not post on this thread, as did American hp on his non "Epic Power"

Last edited by glennd; 05-01-2006 at 03:24 PM.
Old 05-01-2006, 02:34 PM
Earl H
Melting Slicks

Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by glennd
I am sure if American HP wants to respond to this, Andy will not request that he not post on this thead, as did American hp on his non "Epic Power"
What at minute...he wasn't trying to break DYNO records to impress us..and the reason it didn't make great power is because of belt slip..uhhh wrong cam, no...valve train problems, no...uhhh fear of clutch problems, no...uhhhh... Hey did you know that Andy inflates his dyno numbers.
Old 05-01-2006, 02:53 PM
Emuffinman1
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm putting three sc's on my car!
Old 05-01-2006, 03:56 PM
Wits-Z
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default not a flame either, right?

Originally Posted by Earl H
What at minute...he wasn't trying to break DYNO records to impress us..and the reason it didn't make great power is because of belt slip..uhhh wrong cam, no...valve train problems, no...uhhh fear of clutch problems, no...uhhhh... Hey did you know that Andy inflates his dyno numbers.
Why can't the guy just be excited to share his project, and also share his efforts to work out the issues without the barbs and jabs...

Anyway, this isn't the purpose of this thread, and I have to run and get my Z over to Andy to see if that combo fits..
Old 05-01-2006, 04:15 PM
STAGED
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Blown, any way you want it!

Quick Reply: Baddest blown 427 on the planet