C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PTS/PTK turbo kit owners, please read.

Old 04-21-2007, 03:03 PM
tazinhawaii
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PTS/PTK turbo kit owners, please read.

So, the million dollar question is :

How the hell do you physically get to the spark plugs for #2 and #4 cyclinder without disassembling half of the driverss side exhaust piping??? Can't reach them from the bottom (downpipe in the way), can't get to them from the side. And can't even see them from the top... Also, where did you get your plug wires? I have tall valve covers and the coil packs on top of the valve covers (pic in my avatar). I've now gone through 3 universal plug wire kits to try and get enough parts to construct plug wires that will work. None of the companies I can find sell universal kits for LS1's.

Thanks,
Derrick
Old 04-21-2007, 09:11 PM
Shinobi'sZ
Le Mans Master

Received 431 Likes on 231 Posts

Originally Posted by tazinhawaii
So, the million dollar question is :

How the hell do you physically get to the spark plugs for #2 and #4 cyclinder without disassembling half of the driverss side exhaust piping??? Can't reach them from the bottom (downpipe in the way), can't get to them from the side. And can't even see them from the top... Also, where did you get your plug wires? I have tall valve covers and the coil packs on top of the valve covers (pic in my avatar). I've now gone through 3 universal plug wire kits to try and get enough parts to construct plug wires that will work. None of the companies I can find sell universal kits for LS1's.

Thanks,
Derrick
If its on the driver's side its #1 and #3 that can be a bitch...unless of course you have a long extension.

Take off left front wheel.

Insert long extension over top of shock tower, with "wobbly" spark plug socket. I use electrical tape around the "wobbly" section so that it just flexes and is not loose. You can access both (#1 & #3) spark plugs from this location.

To get the plug boots back on, you can reach #1, but for #3 I usually pop the oil filter off so that I can get my arm up there from underneath the car. I like to feel them snap into place.

Before I had my lift I did it from a creeper on the garage floor and jack stands....I had it down to 1 hour to remove and replace all of the plugs..that was from the time it took to put the car on stands and put it back on the ground ready to drive.

I haven't got a change to try it with my lift....I can't wait.

Once you know how to do it or have done it a few times...its not as hard as it seems....like anything else.

Last edited by Shinobi'sZ; 04-21-2007 at 09:14 PM.
Old 04-21-2007, 10:34 PM
tazinhawaii
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks, I will try that. Yeah, this morning I realized I was looking the wrong way. It's cylinders 1 and 3.

Derrick

Get notified of new replies

To PTS/PTK turbo kit owners, please read.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: PTS/PTK turbo kit owners, please read.