C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Has anyone sprayed running TT?

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2007, 07:54 PM
Scubanme
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Has anyone sprayed running TT?

Just out of curiosity, I was wondering if anyone has sprayed while running a TT?

Old 08-26-2007, 09:04 PM
BLOWNZO6
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Scubanme
Just out of curiosity, I was wondering if anyone has sprayed while running a TT?

You can put 800 to the wheels on a properly setup TTiX kit, there is NO need for spray. You will never put the power you can make to the ground on the street.

You would be lucky to put it down on the track with a IRS car.

The boost comes on HARD and VERY FAST.

Here is a stock cube car I just did with a standard X kit...

If you had a backhalved car or something, you might get away with it, but if you were going to do something like an all out race effort, use one of the custom big rear singles or the PTK kit and use big turbos.

I you have some specific questions, please don't hesitate to ask. I have a few customers using TTi kits that asked about nitrous before they bought the kit, once they drove the car, they all say the same thing... "what was I thinking, running nitrous with this?"

Old 08-26-2007, 09:33 PM
Vince99FRC
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Since the b4 me poster did not answer your question... I will say yes.. There are guys spraying with a twin turbo setup. Just like some dont post their dyno's.. Some wont admit they are spraying..
Old 08-26-2007, 10:29 PM
highpockets
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I can assure you,at least on my car,I have no need to spray.I can also say,I DID install a 125 plate system in anticipation of doing exactly what you are thinking. Not needed,wont happen,no way,no how.As Nick pointed out,a properly tuned(thanks Nick) TTix combo will produce more power than can be put to the ground on street tires.And yes,even on 8-9 psi,it comes on so strong it will blow through the traction control/spinning the tires easily in the first 4 gears no problem.I am pretty sure I could not keep it on the road with spray,I am positive I am not going to try it.Now I may be in the minority but I DO have the system on my car and it will be coming back off or remain unused for wow factor only.
Old 08-26-2007, 10:36 PM
Vince99FRC
Safety Car

Originally Posted by highpockets
I can assure you,at least on my car,I have no need to spray.I can also say,I DID install a 125 plate system in anticipation of doing exactly what you are thinking. Not needed,wont happen,no way,no how.As Nick pointed out,a properly tuned(thanks Nick) TTix combo will produce more power than can be put to the ground on street tires.And yes,even on 8-9 psi,it comes on so strong it will blow through the traction control/spinning the tires easily in the first 4 gears no problem.I am pretty sure I could not keep it on the road with spray,I am positive I am not going to try it.Now I may be in the minority but I DO have the system on my car and it will be coming back off or remain unused for wow factor only.
How much for that plate system? Also, the thread originator asked who has used nitrous with TT's.. Not for advice.
Old 08-26-2007, 10:56 PM
highpockets
Drifting

Originally Posted by Vince99FRC
How much for that plate system? Also, the thread originator asked who has used nitrous with TT's.. Not for advice.
You are correct,just voicing my opinion.Remember my plate system is for a LS2 intake,90mm.
Old 08-26-2007, 11:05 PM
Vince99FRC
Safety Car

Originally Posted by highpockets
You are correct,just voicing my opinion.Remember my plate system is for a LS2 intake,90mm.
I am just busting you and Nick's chops.. I still want to know how much.. You have my email..
Old 08-26-2007, 11:36 PM
highpockets
Drifting

I am just busting you and Nick's chops.. I still want to know how much.. You have my email..
All good,you are first in line if I remove it !
Old 08-27-2007, 12:27 AM
Scubanme
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by BLOWNZO6
You can put 800 to the wheels on a properly setup TTiX kit, there is NO need for spray. You will never put the power you can make to the ground on the street.

If you had a backhalved car or something, you might get away with it, but if you were going to do something like an all out race effort, use one of the custom big rear singles or the PTK kit and use big turbos.

I you have some specific questions, please don't hesitate to ask. I have a few customers using TTi kits that asked about nitrous before they bought the kit, once they drove the car, they all say the same thing... "what was I thinking, running nitrous with this?"

MY question was......Have you sprayed, wether you need it or nor, have you?

Old 08-27-2007, 12:28 AM
Scubanme
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by gary buchanan
yeah I do all the time it works great when I get into boost it really cools the incoming air temp's ---------------- so will you be running alky / meth just kidding around with you --------------like nick said with TTI-X you won't need it I know I don't and I'm the baby in the family with .63 a/r's 700/689 rwhp----oh snap advise j/k vence --------------------------------- I was going to do it with my STS kit maybe a 35/50 shot out of the hole but the way I drive

I have Meth, I need a straight answer, have you sprayed?
Old 08-27-2007, 12:32 AM
Scubanme
Melting Slicks

YOu guys better not ever pull along side of somebody with a 400 shot because if you do, when you finally spool, you will be 5 cars behind and you will nevr catch up, no matter how many HPs you have.
Old 08-27-2007, 01:11 AM
Scubanme
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by gary buchanan
true there is always some body faster------- but just when you the need the no2 and it's not there then what -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have Meth, I need a straight answer, have you sprayed? chill dude no harm ment by that comment and to answer your question no I have not sprayed no2
I'm not talking about somebdoy being faster. All I was looking for was somebody who has sprayed and can show me a dyno sheet...thats all, I didn't want to hear about how hard somebodys tt kit hits, or how bad that I'll P in my pants if I get in their car. I just wanted some facts on how a TT on a vette is affected by nitrous. I really wanted to see the evidence of how a 50 or 100 shot changes after it goes through F/I. I already have TT, but I've seen how instant nitrous is. I wanted to see if a 50 shot turns out to be a 100 shot somewhere on a dyno graph after being compressed by F/I. I have a friend who runs Nitrous on a Maggie with great results, I wanted to see if it worked as well on a TT setup.

Thanks
Old 08-27-2007, 01:13 AM
Scubanme
Melting Slicks

Good comprehension.

Old 08-27-2007, 03:02 AM
AVB
Safety Car

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I haven't but I know from a roll they'll get a nice little jump. HP takes over from there...

Arnel
Old 08-27-2007, 07:45 AM
Vince99FRC
Safety Car

YOu guys better not ever pull along side of somebody with a 400 shot because if you do, when you finally spool, you will be 5 cars behind and you will nevr catch up, no matter how many HPs you have.
Well it sounds like we do the same type of racing. As for getting dyno sheets that's going to be hard. Not many post their high horsepower dynosheets and less ones using boost and spray.

If you roll up on a 6 speed spraying a 400 shot dont worry you will win if you are both wearing the same shoes, but if you roll up against a automatic car dont even waste your time racing. Now if you race someone with a properly setup 2 or 3 stage nitrous setup you will need spray to beat them. Most TT setups can break the drivetrain as is.. If you turn up the wick you will go into 90/10 break mode IMO. Now if you spray in the later gears and set it up to come on post peak tq and shut off 2 to 300 rpm b4 redline I think you MIGHT have a chance.

A 50 shot on my friends car came out to close to 100 to the wheels. He wont post his sheet because he street races..
Old 08-27-2007, 08:24 AM
BLOWNZO6
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

Because we all know someone on the street with a 400 shot would not have traction problems.
Old 08-27-2007, 09:10 AM
RED99
Safety Car

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I have heard of drag racers using spray off the line to get there big turbos to spool up faster. Like this guys drag bike for an example. http://www.nightrider.com/v2cafe/majestic01.htm

Get notified of new replies

To Has anyone sprayed running TT?

Old 08-27-2007, 09:37 AM
LB
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BLOWNZO6

I disagree. I small 50-60 shot out of the box would fill in that 3K - 4500 rpm area of the graph you seems to be missing.
Old 08-27-2007, 10:39 AM
ICULUKN-C5
Le Mans Master

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

I have an 80 shot direct port on top of my TTi x kit. It blows the tires away on the dyno; I havent tried it at the track yet. With 2500 D/A, I ran a 10.5 @ 147 without the spray (6 speed car). Firebird Raceway(local track in AZ) is getting tired of telling me that I need a cage, I can only imagine what they would say if I broke 150 in the 1/4..

FWIW, I can hook it on the street on a good day, but I drive around on 315 BFG drag radials aired down to 20# on the street.
Old 08-27-2007, 01:09 PM
FRC Rob
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Although I have not used nitrous and turbos on my C5, I do have a lot of experience with both on other applications. Turbos and nitrous generally work very well together.

A nitrous shot on a turbo motor will typically give you ~150% of its rated output. (Example: a 100 shot would typically gain ~150hp.) This is primarily due to the additional "intercooling" effect that nitrous provides.

For forced induction applications, it is best to start out by either backing off the nitrous jetting or fattening up the fuel. Use a wideband O2 to determine final jetting under load. Most chassis dynos cannot properly load turbo cars, and tuning becomes even more critical as nitrous is added to the mix. Nothing beats real world testing (at a legal "off road" venue, of course).

Nitrous can provide an excellent crutch for turbo lag. It will not only spool the turbo(s) faster, but also provide a big bump in off boost power.

If you have backpressure or boost control issues, nitrous will make them worse. I would not advise using nitrous on applications with undersized turbines and/or wastegates.

Quick Reply: Has anyone sprayed running TT?