C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TTi and Gear ratio

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2008, 10:44 AM
TheBigDog
Burning Brakes

Received 70 Likes on 28 Posts

Default TTi and Gear ratio

Since installing my TTi kit I was wondering what would happen if I go from a 2:73 ratio to a 3:42 ratio. I know there would be an increase in HP and torque, but not sure how to calculate. Lets assume that my HP is 550 and 490 ft lbs of torque...can some of you math wizards calculate the benifits increases in changing rear ends

Thanks,
The Big Dog
Old 11-27-2008, 11:09 AM
Chris Stewart
Safety Car

Received 116 Likes on 76 Posts

I don't think a gear change will make any more power on the dyno, it might even lose some. It will help pull thru the powerband and finish the race at higher RPM. It will make better ET, at the expense of roughly 500rpm higher at cruising speed.
Old 11-27-2008, 11:36 AM
SpeedyD
Melting Slicks

Received 144 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris Stewart
I don't think a gear change will make any more power on the dyno, it might even lose some. It will help pull thru the powerband and finish the race at higher RPM. It will make better ET, at the expense of roughly 500rpm higher at cruising speed.
It will actually lose power on the dyno. It will have more pick up but a lower top speed.
Dan

Get notified of new replies

To TTi and Gear ratio

Quick Reply: TTi and Gear ratio