C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Introducing our C5 Single Turbo Kit

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2009, 07:28 PM
0HinsonSuperCars
Former Vendor

Location: Birmingham, AL www.hinsonsupercars.com 205-909-9402
Received 38 Likes on 37 Posts
Default Introducing our C5 Single Turbo Kit

Updated 7/20 - New Pictures of our Air/Air Intercooler!

$4995 + shipping

This price will be for a limited quantity of kits. This includes the entire turbo kit using the air/water setup. The only other items you will need to buy are fuel injectors, fuel pump, and coolant resevoir tank. All of these items are available through us. The hot parts have already been made. Please allow 10-15 days for the intercooler and water tank.

We have started building an A2A intercooler package for the car as a performance upgrade for those seeking power capacity over 650rwhp or extended high boost use like road racing. Pricing will be available soon.

FAQ C5 Turbo FAQ

Information, photos, dyno graph, etc.. can be seen here HSC C5 Single Turbo Kit

New Air/Air Intercooler

We look forward to boosting your motor

Seth

Last edited by HinsonSuperCars; 07-20-2009 at 01:08 PM.
Old 01-17-2009, 09:11 PM
ajg1915
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Very interesting.

I stopped by and visited Brian at the shop last August and have been waiting to see when this kit would be ready.

What size turbo would be needed for 416 FI motor ?

Also are both manifolds now included in kit or ar you still running one stocker ?

Thanks
Tony

Last edited by ajg1915; 03-23-2009 at 05:15 PM.
Old 01-17-2009, 09:46 PM
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09

Originally Posted by ajg1915
Very interesting.

I stopped by and visited Brian at the shop last August and have been waiting to see when this kit would be ready.

What size turbo would be needed for 416 FI motor ?

Also are both manifolds no included in kit or ar you still running one stocker ?

Thanks
Tony
Looks like one manifold is included in pics of all parts.
Old 01-17-2009, 09:47 PM
Bonnetts02Vette
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

looks like an awesome kit. how much boost was that ls6 at to get 505rwhp? i wonder what this would do on an LS1 with about 10psi and the t76 turbo. i guess i would have to sell my lg pro headers to get this system but the whole system and fuel mods should be around 6300 and thats not bad.
Old 01-17-2009, 10:06 PM
ajg1915
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by 396375
Looks like one manifold is included in pics of all parts.
Thanks, I was at the shop and talked with Brian Hinson and at the time they were considering making another matching log manifold the driver's side.

I'm just wondering if they did ? and or if it's an option.

Originally Posted by Bonnetts02Vette
looks like an awesome kit. how much boost was that ls6 at to get 505rwhp? i wonder what this would do on an LS1 with about 10psi and the t76 turbo. i guess i would have to sell my lg pro headers to get this system but the whole system and fuel mods should be around 6300 and thats not bad.

Yes it's a good deal, but what I liked most about this kit is that you don't jave to chop up your car to make it fit.

Only item was that the hood reinforcement had to be notched. I'm hoping that this could be changed slightly by dropping the lower cradle and lowering the flange a bit.
Old 01-17-2009, 10:08 PM
Corvette-Chris
Le Mans Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

What kind of power will the upgraded turbo put out on a fully forged 347ci ?
Old 01-17-2009, 10:38 PM
sami85L98
Le Mans Master

I would be interested depends on $, whats included in kit? since i have not seen anybody installed this, so would u please take ur time to list whats included and whats not and price?

How much boost at 505 Rwhp?.

Last edited by sami85L98; 01-17-2009 at 10:43 PM.
Old 01-18-2009, 12:03 AM
Bonnetts02Vette
Pro

that t76 is underrated at 950hp, i bet it can go to around the 900-950rwhp mark. t76 is a very big turbo and would be a perfect single turbo setup for a stock cubic inches car let alone a big inch one. im betting that 505rwhp would be realized on a built ls1 by 6 or 7 psi but that turbo isnt really happily in its efficiency range until around the 15-17psi range and can handle around the 27-30psi range. its a monster turbo but would def look sick when the hood is up and the spool on a t67 or higher is just ungodly loud, sounds like a fighter jet and is very pronounced. im really contemplating this setup now. like really hardcore.
Old 01-18-2009, 01:44 AM
Corvette-Chris
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by Bonnetts02Vette
that t76 is underrated at 950hp, i bet it can go to around the 900-950rwhp mark. t76 is a very big turbo and would be a perfect single turbo setup for a stock cubic inches car let alone a big inch one. im betting that 505rwhp would be realized on a built ls1 by 6 or 7 psi but that turbo isnt really happily in its efficiency range until around the 15-17psi range and can handle around the 27-30psi range. its a monster turbo but would def look sick when the hood is up and the spool on a t67 or higher is just ungodly loud, sounds like a fighter jet and is very pronounced. im really contemplating this setup now. like really hardcore.

I think those numbers are a little underrated also.....Im very interested to know more about this kit
Old 01-18-2009, 05:03 AM
Bonnetts02Vette
Pro

well hopefully hinson comes in here sometime soon to shed some light on all of our questions. a polished t76 would look **** under a c5 hood when you pop it. im actually very interested in this kit and am doing tons of research on single turbo setups and have been for awhile.
Old 01-18-2009, 10:57 AM
2004SpiralGrey
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

NIce job...I can't wait to see what this setup will do on a Forged/Stroked engine
Old 01-18-2009, 11:37 AM
Warp Factor
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,817 Likes on 1,085 Posts

Thanks, I was at the shop and talked with Brian Hinson and at the time they were considering making another matching log manifold the driver's side.
The stock manifold on the drivers side looks like it would flow a lot better than the fabricated one on the passenger side.

Last edited by Warp Factor; 01-18-2009 at 11:42 AM.
Old 01-18-2009, 12:10 PM
Bonnetts02Vette
Pro

im also wondering about a filter on the turbo cuz it looks like there is absolutely no room for a filter or anything
Old 01-18-2009, 12:38 PM
sami85L98
Le Mans Master

where is brian hinson? he usually chime in pretty quick. Iam more worried on price, he listed 5300 on his website but if its less than that i would consider seriously.
Old 01-18-2009, 12:44 PM
FreddyG
Le Mans Master

Received 27 Likes on 19 Posts

This is a Very Nice looking kit! I'm curious also as to what comes in the kit! Is it available with A2A intercooling instead of A2W?
Can I ask why you decided to go with A2W instead of A2A? I'm just curious!

You might want to think about selling a blanket for that turbo though and an aluminum tank for the coolant! It looks like it could melt some stuff! I like that the downpipe is pretty good sized, especially for the limited space available.

This kit looks like the old Cerra system that Earl H had that made 750 rwhp with a GT76 turbo!

The price on the Hinson web site says that it's on sale now for $5300 with no fuel system or tuning, but maybe for the Guys that are interested, they'll give a New Supporting Tuner, I want to sell some Turbo Systems pricing! It's regularly priced at $5677, so with the sale, they'd be paying us $267 to get the bigger turbo!

I'm looking forward to see how these work out!

Once again, Nice Job on bringing a single to market! If this was out when I bought my A&A Vortech, I'd be sportin' a single, BIG turbo setup!

Hinson turbo web page..............
Old 01-18-2009, 12:44 PM
Corvette-Chris
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by sami85L98
where is brian hinson? he usually chime in pretty quick. Iam more worried on price, he listed 5300 on his website but if its less than that i would consider seriously.
Sami,

The website shows $5,300 but he did mention that they are going to have an intoductory price which obviously is going to be lower. This just gave me another option for big HP that I am pulling the trigger on soon. I had questions for them as well but Im sure they are working hard on putting together some good info and prices for us CF members
Old 01-18-2009, 12:47 PM
Corvette-Chris
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by LuvmyC5
This is a Very Nice looking kit! I'm curious also as to what comes in the kit! Is it available with A2A intercooling instead of A2W?

You might want to think about selling a blanket for that turbo though and an aluminum tank for the coolant! It looks like it could melt some stuff! I like that the downpipe is pretty good sized, especially for the limited space available.

This kit looks like the old Cerra system that Earl H had that made 750 rwhp with a GT76 turbo!

The price on the Hinson web site says that it's on sale now for $5300 with no fuel system or tuning, but maybe for the Guys that are interested, they'll give a New Supporting Tuner, I want to sell some Turbo Systems pricing! It's regularly priced at $5677, so with the sale, they'd be paying us $267 to get the bigger turbo!

Once again, Nice Job on bringing a single to market! If this was out when I bought my A&A Vortech, I'd be sportin' a single, BIG turbo setup!

I have always wanted a big turbo setup but the twins were just out of my range. I am looking into S/C setups but this is probably my answer LOL

I am also curious if an A2A IC if an option?

Get notified of new replies

To Introducing our C5 Single Turbo Kit

Old 01-18-2009, 01:06 PM
ajg1915
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by LuvmyC5

Hi Rob,

The Hinson Turbo kit is basically an improved Cerra System.
Old 01-18-2009, 01:08 PM
ajg1915
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by Corvette-Chris
I have always wanted a big turbo setup but the twins were just out of my range. I am looking into S/C setups but this is probably my answer LOL

I am also curious if an A2A IC if an option?
Do a search on ChopperLoco (Dominic) as he has one of these kits and used a STS front mounted inter-cooler.

Tony

The pictures of the motor with all of the nice colored parts is (ChopperLoco) on Hinson's their web-site.
Old 01-18-2009, 01:11 PM
Corvette-Chris
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '08

Do a search on ChopperLoco (Dominic) as he has one of these kits and used a STS front mounted inter-cooler.

Tony

The pictures of the motor with all of the nice colored parts is (ChopperLoco) on Hinson's their web-site.
Thanks Tony....Ill check it out

Quick Reply: Introducing our C5 Single Turbo Kit