C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Car starts popping at WOT, @4k+rpms

Old 03-19-2009, 09:01 PM
vetterlatethannever
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default The final verdict

Wow, its funny all the little variables that can come into play

Took my car out Tuesday to wash it before taking her in for surgery, not sure why but its almost like I knew it would be her last....... When I tried to crank her over the starter locked up for a second and then free spun...

Any new guesses???

Had some friends help me push start her and the car fired up like it has been, nothing seemed wrong at idle. We drop it off at the shop and I get a call back about 30 minutes later and they tell me that my block has cracked at the STARTER from a cylinder being partially hydrolocked and trying to crank it..... From the looks of it they are assuming that #3 has a small head gasket leak and while it sat some of it seeped into the cylinder. I went back and looked at the carnage myself and every bolt hole for the starter was broken They said it may be able to be welded but I dunno about that.... I have some thinking to do
Old 03-19-2009, 10:36 PM
willig72
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Sorry about your luck. Looks like this would be the time to do anything you have been wanting to do.
Old 03-20-2009, 10:43 AM
JET LEE
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry to hear about the block. At least you know what's going on now. That has had me scratching my head for a while.

Maybe you can "upgrade" now.

Good luck!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Car starts popping at WOT, @4k+rpms