C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Corvette-Chris' APS TT C5 - Dyno Results 768 rwhp 690 rwtq

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2009, 04:28 PM
Corvette-Chris
Le Mans Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

It's a stick
Old 07-19-2009, 04:45 PM
ajg1915
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by Corvette-Chris
It's a stick
What clutch did you go with ?
Old 07-19-2009, 05:09 PM
Corvette-Chris
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '08

It's had the Tex single in it for a little while but I did upgrade to the Tick performance adj. Master to help with shifting
Old 07-19-2009, 05:48 PM
Mr.Big
Safety Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very good news Chris... GREAT job Taylor!!!
Old 07-19-2009, 06:06 PM
Corvette-Chris
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by Mr.Big
Very good news Chris... GREAT job Taylor!!!
Thanks Jeremy!

Taylor is TOP NOTCH! The only thing that is going to make me happier is getting behind the wheel
Old 07-19-2009, 06:44 PM
PlanoLeMans
Instructor

Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts

Hey Chris,

Great results. You are going to have way too much fun trying to lay the power down. Hope you get her back soon. I am glad that it all worked out for you in the end.

AS far as temperatures go, with the APS kit running and the outside temperature at 105 degrees, my coolent temp got up to 192 and the oil temp got up to 202 in stop and go traffic. You are running a little more boost than I am but I think you should be ok.

Last edited by PlanoLeMans; 07-19-2009 at 06:50 PM.
Old 07-19-2009, 08:06 PM
Corvette-Chris
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by PlanoLeMans
Hey Chris,

Great results. You are going to have way too much fun trying to lay the power down. Hope you get her back soon. I am glad that it all worked out for you in the end.

AS far as temperatures go, with the APS kit running and the outside temperature at 105 degrees, my coolent temp got up to 192 and the oil temp got up to 202 in stop and go traffic. You are running a little more boost than I am but I think you should be ok.
Thanks man...Its been a while coming but its all paid off.

Yeah I dont see it having any cooling issues unless its bad traffic, which we dont have to much of in Shreveport.
Old 07-20-2009, 04:43 PM
Corvette-Chris
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '08

Just got it off the trailer and drove it down the street.

Oh my sweet baby Jesus I love it. It so much more "Tame" than the H/C car. I can actually have a conversation in it now with a **** ton more power.

Two thumbs up for Taylor and his Crew at Dallas Performance. I couldnt have asked for a better group of guys to finish this project up for me.
Old 07-20-2009, 05:55 PM
ajg1915
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '08

Just got it off the trailer and drove it down the street.

Oh my sweet baby Jesus I love it. It so much more "Tame" than the H/C car. I can actually have a conversation in it now with a **** ton more power.

Two thumbs up for Taylor and his Crew at Dallas Performance. I couldnt have asked for a better group of guys to finish this project up for me.

Congrats on getting it done. I'm back at it myself. Swapping motors for a forged unit and converting over to an auto in preparation for a twin TTiX system.

Old 07-20-2009, 06:17 PM
Corvette-Chris
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by ajg1915
Congrats on getting it done. I'm back at it myself. Swapping motors for a forged unit and converting over to an auto in preparation for a twin TTiX system.

Absolutely cant go wrong with that setup Tony! Im sure your going to love it.

If I could just get my Tigershark front fascia to cooperate, Ill be driving all night LOL
Old 07-20-2009, 06:46 PM
ajg1915
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '08

Absolutely cant go wrong with that setup Tony! Im sure your going to love it.

If I could just get my Tigershark front fascia to cooperate, Ill be driving all night LOL
Yeah, I just got done pulling the body panels off of my beast on Staurday with the help of my bro.

I have always found it easyist to drop the front fascia over the top center support lip and then guide it into the fenders and slip the bottom into place.

It really helps when there is two of you.
Old 07-20-2009, 06:51 PM
Thalomos
Instructor

Everyone seems to be running meth or water or alchy injection of some sort. What type of power can these cars make on pump with none of these? I really thought these big engines would make more. (i'm from the turbo 4cyl world)
Old 07-20-2009, 06:58 PM
ajg1915
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by Thalomos
Everyone seems to be running meth or water or alchy injection of some sort. What type of power can these cars make on pump with none of these? I really thought these big engines would make more. (i'm from the turbo 4cyl world)
Meth is a octane booster and cooling agent that allows more boost and timing before detonation on pump gas.

Your (4) cylinder world cars make make big HP number but they lack torque which is the real driving force.
Old 07-20-2009, 08:05 PM
Thalomos
Instructor

Meth is a octane booster and cooling agent that allows more boost and timing before detonation on pump gas.

Your (4) cylinder world cars make make big HP number but they lack torque which is the real driving force.
I wouldn't say they lack torque. I'd agree they lack low end torque, but once the turbo(s) spool....

The OP's car in question is badass, dont get me wrong. I love v8's and I love turbos, so naturally my dream car is going to be a turbo V8.

I was just curious if people have made big numbers w/o the alchy/water/meth injection. I'd prefer a simpler setup for myself. If i'm hijacking this thread i'll
Old 07-20-2009, 08:15 PM
ajg1915
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '08

I wouldn't say they lack torque. I'd agree they lack low end torque, but once the turbo(s) spool....

The OP's car in question is badass, dont get me wrong. I love v8's and I love turbos, so naturally my dream car is going to be a turbo V8.

I was just curious if people have made big numbers w/o the alchy/water/meth injection. I'd prefer a simpler setup for myself. If i'm hijacking this thread i'll
Your 4 poppers are runing 30 - 40 pounds of boost. C5's don't have solid axles and aren't made to handle big amount of power without some radical amount of drive line modifications.

I'm sure somebody could put down 1500 rwhp but then they would need a street sweeper to follow after them to collect the parts.

If you want a pure drag car that is a different story. Get the car back-halfed and throw in a powerglide and cage.

No way you could hook up big HP on the street anyway. Too many guys on here thing that bigger is better etc....

Have you ever been behind the wheel of 600 rwhp car ? You can't use it on the street and if you do, you'll end up in jail or dead.
Old 07-20-2009, 08:30 PM
Slow Z06
Le Mans Master

Dang racecars..... lol
Old 07-20-2009, 09:28 PM
Thalomos
Instructor

Your 4 poppers are runing 30 - 40 pounds of boost. C5's don't have solid axles and aren't made to handle big amount of power without some radical amount of drive line modifications.

I'm sure somebody could put down 1500 rwhp but then they would need a street sweeper to follow after them to collect the parts.

If you want a pure drag car that is a different story. Get the car back-halfed and throw in a powerglide and cage.

No way you could hook up big HP on the street anyway. Too many guys on here thing that bigger is better etc....

Have you ever been behind the wheel of 600 rwhp car ? You can't use it on the street and if you do, you'll end up in jail or dead.
No no no no... I should specify what I consider to be "big numbers"

In My Opinion, for a street car, anything more than 600whp is a "big number." So I was curious if people make this power w/o meth etc. I'll try to make this my last reply in this thread, as I dont want to Hijack a perfectly good car thread

Get notified of new replies

To Corvette-Chris' APS TT C5 - Dyno Results 768 rwhp 690 rwtq

Old 07-20-2009, 09:44 PM
0Taylor@DallasPerformance
Former Vendor

In My Opinion, for a street car, anything more than 600whp is a "big number." So I was curious if people make this power w/o meth etc.
We do this daily. Meth is just some extra insurance. You don't need it to make 750/850 or even 1000rwhp in these cars but you can push it further with out detonation in the summer heat.
Old 07-20-2009, 10:33 PM
MPRTKLR
Melting Slicks

No no no no... I should specify what I consider to be "big numbers"

In My Opinion, for a street car, anything more than 600whp is a "big number." So I was curious if people make this power w/o meth etc. I'll try to make this my last reply in this thread, as I dont want to Hijack a perfectly good car thread
Yes.

To the OP, very nice build. Congrats
Old 07-20-2009, 10:41 PM
Corvette-Chris
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '08

Thanks guys It truly is an amazing car to drive.

I got the bumper on. I think it was a little difficult fitment wise because it has been in the A/C for months which would probably cause it to shrink a little bit and the fact that its not OEM. We made it work

Quick Reply: Corvette-Chris' APS TT C5 - Dyno Results 768 rwhp 690 rwtq