C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

[PICS] Racetronix fuel pump hotwire and KB Boost-a-pump wiring question...

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2009, 06:20 AM
Dr. Pham
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default [PICS] Racetronix fuel pump hotwire and KB Boost-a-pump wiring question...

I already have a KB Boost-A-Pump and was adding Racetronix's fuel pump Hotwire wiring harness. I have a question regarding plugging the boost-a-pump into the Hotwire harness. I think I did it right, but wanted to make sure...

Here is a pic of how the boost-a-pump is currently wired to the fuel pump:

The two connectors at the top are the ones in question. Right now those two connectors come from the boost-a-pump and plug into a set of connectors that then run down to the factory fuel pump connector. They look like they probably run in-line with the factory fuel pump wire.

The connector in my hand is what is running off the Racetonix Hotwire harness. They call it the fuel pump booster interface connector. So the connectors off the boost-a-pump should plug into there and so would run in-line.

I was wondering what to do with the two remaining connectors running in-line with the fuel pump wire that the boost-a-pump use to plug in to. I figured that they could just be plugged into each other since they are now bypassing the boost-a-pump.

So I plugged all the connectors up this way:

Boost-a-pump connectors plug in-line into the Racetronix Hotwire harness. And then the old fuel wire connectors just plug back into each other.

So does this look right? Did I do it correctly?

Thanks
Old 08-02-2009, 04:26 AM
Dr. Pham
Racer

Replaced the fuel pump today too. And in answer to my previous question? YES I connected the wires up correctly above. Fired her up and she ran fine.

Hazzah!

Final tuning next week...hopefully... and then I can start hitting the track again.
Old 08-03-2009, 10:48 AM
madmatt9471
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Palmdale, Ca----- 2009 Cyber Gray 4LT A6 F55 452 RWHP 422 RWTQ- RIP 1998 C5 734 RWHP & 585 RWTQ-----
Received 341 Likes on 281 Posts

It looks as if you did it right!

You just want to make sure that the wire coming from the ALT goes into the "IN" side of the BAP and the other goes to the "OUT" side of the BAP which'll go to the fuel pump.

So when the BAP sees BOOST it will supply more Voltage to the Fuel Pump!

It looks like you did fine - I remember when I did mine, the main thing was just making the new connections and making sure I did the right ones Mine came out good too! Excellent product

Thanks,Matt
Old 08-03-2009, 02:49 PM
0Jeff @ TPE
Former Vendor

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06 & '12

The Fused side of the BAP is the "IN" and the non fused side is the "Out"

So you are going to connect the red wire on the racetronics harness to the fused side, and the orange wire to the non-fused side. The orange wire is between the plug for the fuel pump, and the single wire connector. The red wire is between the relay and the single wire connector.

I didnt read all of your thread, so Im not exactly sure if this was everything you needed. If not, lemme know, and I can answer anything else you might want to know about the BAP wiring.

HTH
Old 08-05-2009, 02:02 AM
Dr. Pham
Racer

Thanks Matt and Jeff!

Luckily, the way you guys described it is the way I had it connected. But thank you so much for confirming because I was just making an educated guess

Had it on the dyno today and there were no fuel system problems. In fact, they were having to take out fuel because it was too rich at the top.

Of course with the good comes the bad...we think a rear main seal blew out. Saw a flash of fire from under the car and oil dripping. Oil only drips when she is running harder. No drips during idle or quick blips of the throttle.

They are going to do a leak down test and also confirm the rear main seal.

Sigh...it never ends...I thought my dying fuel pump was the last issue to tackle before the final tune and hitting the track...there is always something!

Get notified of new replies

To [PICS] Racetronix fuel pump hotwire and KB Boost-a-pump wiring question...

Quick Reply: [PICS] Racetronix fuel pump hotwire and KB Boost-a-pump wiring question...