C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TS Front end from Extreme Dimensions Poor Quality

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2009, 09:30 PM
Slow Z06
Le Mans Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^^

Personally I would go with a Starcraft unit
Old 09-20-2009, 11:10 PM
Shinobi'sZ
Le Mans Master

Received 438 Likes on 235 Posts

Originally Posted by TXZ0603
WOW. I would definatly go for a full refund.

Sorry for the bad luck on that.
Originally Posted by ONE BMF
Farking Junk -Sorry for your Pain -Now flame the supplier until he takes his sorry *** product back
Thanks for posting some humor...dumb and dumber is a great movie. Need something to lighten up my day.
Originally Posted by Champion Motors
If your going to help him out, will you take mine back for full refund? we purchased it from you and it's still brand new in original box.

Rob.
You may have better luck but you have to read the Extreme Dimensions disclosures pretty close. I sent them an email immediatley when I noticed the turn signal assembly housing. But I was willing to move on understanding that I would have to have the body shop glass them in...but wanted to point out to ED that the product doesn't simply use or accept the OEM hardware for installation (with respect to the turn signals).

Then down a few lines there is the part about not drilling or working on the pieces at all...which I hadn't..but made a decision to begin the install since the TS piece has the spots that need to be drilled for installation. I also very carefully measured the OEM bumpers and made sure all of the holes were close the holes in the TS piece...which they were.

Originally Posted by robert miller
Man that thing is junk. I have never seen a piece from a vendor on here that bad..... Hope you get your money back. If the MOD dont help out on this something is really wrong.. Give savewave a p.m. he is over the vendors....
Just an update Pete (Quik Z06) called me today and is going to contact Extreme Dimensions tomorrow. I want to give him a couple of days to see how this gets resolved now. The important part is that there is an issue with the quality, and he has called me, now we will see how well the supplier and him work out the issue. Pete sounds like a nice guy so we will see how things work out. I will continue with updates on how things are progressing.
Old 09-23-2009, 09:41 AM
0Rob@ChampionMotors
Former Vendor

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Pete(Quik Z06) PM me and said he wouldn't take my bumper back which I'm ok with. If anyone is interested we have a brand new in the box TS bumper and lower lip spoiler for $500.
Rob
416 751-8047
Old 09-23-2009, 12:18 PM
Jaquess
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I also have the Extreme Dimensions Duraflex version. While my body guy spent a day getting it to fit good, I do regret not getting the Starcraft unit. Here's a pic of mine finished:

Good luck

Erik
Old 09-24-2009, 11:27 AM
Shinobi'sZ
Le Mans Master

Received 438 Likes on 235 Posts

Originally Posted by Champion Motors
Pete(Quik Z06) PM me and said he wouldn't take my bumper back which I'm ok with. If anyone is interested we have a brand new in the box TS bumper and lower lip spoiler for $500.
Rob
416 751-8047
Glad they were able to help you out. It is good that you kept it in the box. I took a risk by beginning the install and once I got it on the car I realized how much work it was going to take. Luckily for me my cousin was in the neighborhood and helped me out. He is an experienced body guy and got it to fit pretty good. He spent about an 1 hour on it...but he doesn't do it for a living any more and I didn't want to make it his problem. He sanded to get the gaps right between the hood and bumper (so that I could close the hood) but the areas around the hood and the head light areas need a lot of work to get the gaps right. I was told 4-6 hours of additional work. This is not including gluing in the turn signal assemblies.

If a body shop charges $100 per hour...then one is looking at the difference in prep work alone to make this TS (POS) fit vs. spending the extra money and having (buying) the Starcraft Tigershark.

ED has GROSSLY misrepresented their product. When I get home I will post their Customer Service Response and mine on this thread. Don't buy anything from ED until they straighten their **** out.

Pete (Quik Z06) has called me back, and while I can tell he wants to help out and is a nice guy...he hasnt' been able to get anywhere as a vendor with ED for me. The most he could offer is that that future bumpers would be improved. That doesn't help me out..but may help others. But be warned.....ED is used to making aftermarket parts for Honda Civics and other Imports...they don't care if their product doesn't fit right.

Originally Posted by Jaquess
I also have the Extreme Dimensions Duraflex version. While my body guy spent a day getting it to fit good, I do regret not getting the Starcraft unit. Here's a pic of mine finished:

Good luck

Erik
Your front end looks great (car too). I am sure mine will look great in the end...but the end result financially is that is going to end up costing the same as the Starcraft product in the end...and it will NOT be as flexible...so if I hit anything it will get damaged much easier then the Starcraft Tigershark.

Last edited by Shinobi'sZ; 09-24-2009 at 11:35 AM.
Old 09-05-2016, 06:22 PM
PhillyFly1039
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Shinobi'sZ
Glad they were able to help you out. It is good that you kept it in the box. I took a risk by beginning the install and once I got it on the car I realized how much work it was going to take. Luckily for me my cousin was in the neighborhood and helped me out. He is an experienced body guy and got it to fit pretty good. He spent about an 1 hour on it...but he doesn't do it for a living any more and I didn't want to make it his problem. He sanded to get the gaps right between the hood and bumper (so that I could close the hood) but the areas around the hood and the head light areas need a lot of work to get the gaps right. I was told 4-6 hours of additional work. This is not including gluing in the turn signal assemblies.

If a body shop charges $100 per hour...then one is looking at the difference in prep work alone to make this TS (POS) fit vs. spending the extra money and having (buying) the Starcraft Tigershark.

ED has GROSSLY misrepresented their product. When I get home I will post their Customer Service Response and mine on this thread. Don't buy anything from ED until they straighten their **** out.

Pete (Quik Z06) has called me back, and while I can tell he wants to help out and is a nice guy...he hasnt' been able to get anywhere as a vendor with ED for me. The most he could offer is that that future bumpers would be improved. That doesn't help me out..but may help others. But be warned.....ED is used to making aftermarket parts for Honda Civics and other Imports...they don't care if their product doesn't fit right.

Your front end looks great (car too). I am sure mine will look great in the end...but the end result financially is that is going to end up costing the same as the Starcraft product in the end...and it will NOT be as flexible...so if I hit anything it will get damaged much easier then the Starcraft Tigershark.
Dude - I'm dealing with the EXACT same thing with my garbage Duraflex crap... my bodyshop is pretty much throwing in the towel since they can't seem to figure out how the turn signal housing can fit into the bumper... I think that they could do it but would actually just not considering the asspain and effort it would take. Which doesn't bode well for the shop but anywaysss. I see on the Duraflex website they warn that OEM turn signal "brackets" are needed but are not included. They write it like these brackets can be found anywhere or something... how exactly did you make your OEM turn signals fit on the bumper??? Did you buy additional brackets from somewhere... I am close to just putting my old bumper on and just buying the polyurethane version but I still need to know WHAT IS THE BEST VERSION OF THIS BUMPER. Also - will the OEM turn signal housings fit on said best version of the bumper? I'm so frustrated haha...

Last edited by PhillyFly1039; 09-05-2016 at 06:24 PM.
Old 09-15-2016, 09:53 AM
jbclutch
Pro

St. Jude Donor '09-'12

Glad I came in here, before I get mine..thats junk. So who has a good one?
Old 09-24-2016, 09:25 PM
PhillyFly1039
Intermediate

Boy oh boy do I have a tale to tell about Duraflex body kits. Soooo I am the owner of a blk 99' C5 coupe (my slow daily) and 00' FRC (highly mod'd - show n' go). The daily needed a face lift badly (IMO - had the car pretty much stock except for some C6 ZR1 rep rims). So I decided to go with:
• Duraflex® 106139 - ZR Edition 2 Style Hood (Unpainted)
• Duraflex® 107033 - ZR Edition Style Rear Fenders (Unpainted)
• Duraflex® - AC Edition Style Side Skirts
• EBC® GD7010 - 3GD Series Dimpled and Slotted Sport Front and Rear Rotors
• EBC Yellow Stuff Front and Rear Brake Pads
• Corsa Extreme Axle-back Exhaust System (custom black finish from the factory)
• Blacked out turn signal housings

The shop I chose quoted me at $2800 for the work. Pretty darn reasonable for application and painting. Here is the problem... this shop gave me a couple red flags... I have one of the most mod'd C5's on the planet (in my photo album) with plenty of body work and I've had a lot of experience with body shops. This shop actually called me to tell me about how difficult the body panels were... like they expected them to be plug and play. Anyone dealing with body kits (especially duraflex) knows the fit is rarely ever perfect and a little sanding, cutting or whatever else is always to be expected. That said (typed), I will say I saw in person that the fit was indeed absolutely atrocious haha, I stopped by to check on the progress after about three weeks going by (my deadline was two weeks)... but I just couldn't believe they called me to tell me is was basically "really hard to do". I just told them that they were the body shop for a reason and just to do a good job - knowing it would cost more than what was quoted. A month later and some rental car expenses (look online always, you can rent for around $8 bucks a day these days), I finally received by car back. So they ended up painting the whole car and did NOT put on the Tiger Shark front bumper on because "the turn signal housings wouldn't fit". With all the extra work they did I ended up paying - $4,852 bucks for all the body work and painting, detailing the car, and making a spare key - honestly about what I expected to pay originally. Here are some things to keep in mind... the extreme dimensions body kit parts are super cheap and THAT is for a reason. They will need to be sanded down and cut and then resanded, trimmed, wedged, rivetted and so on to fit right - there is a LOT of that going on and the body shop you take it to will def not be excited about it during the process haha. Expect to pay for it.

If you take these parts to a shop - ensure that they have worked with duraflex parts before so they can give you an accurate quote. They said the only easy part was putting the side skirts on haha. Second... I waited almost a month for mine to get back to me so I would make them guarantee the finish date cause' more profitable insurance claims will push your job to back burner reaaal quick. I was caught between a rock and a hard place because I didn't want to rush them but I also really really wanted my car back asap. I think a reasonable time frame for all my work would have been two to three weeks. I will say they gave me a sweet paint job and detailed the whole car inside and out (even when they took the stock panels off). Still a whole month... is too long. Bottom line - garbage fit - but a good shop can do the job - however, you will pay for it. I would say try Carbon Creations or just go with a different company altogether. I know I will next time. I hear the brand Starcraft is where it's at.

Okay so who wants to see the finished product?

I've included the stock photo and then the body shop pics and finally the finished product.

I hope this helps some of you thinking about doing some body mods.

*Note: I ordered 38mm spacers for the rears (not in the pics) - otw.

Attached Images          

Last edited by PhillyFly1039; 09-24-2016 at 09:40 PM.
Old 09-24-2016, 09:31 PM
PhillyFly1039
Intermediate

Forgot to add the stock photo of the car.
Old 09-24-2016, 10:01 PM
neutron82
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,261 Likes on 1,056 Posts
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (performance mods)
C5 of Year Winner (performance mods) 2019

Originally Posted by jbclutch
Glad I came in here, before I get mine..thats junk. So who has a good one?
get the real tigershark bumper from starcraft... anything I have seen in person coming from extreme dimensions or carbon creations is junk

Quick Reply: TS Front end from Extreme Dimensions Poor Quality