C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What do you guys do for SC tubing scraping ground?

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2010, 08:44 PM
95wht6spd
Le Mans Master

Received 271 Likes on 211 Posts

Default What do you guys do for SC tubing scraping ground?

I have a Procharger and lowered Z, and the intake tubes right behind the airdam are only about 1.5-2" above gound and scrape when I come in driveway. Should I just go slow and not worry, or is there a fix besides raising the car up? Teflon skid plates, etc?
Old 01-27-2010, 08:13 AM
Sponge Vette
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Contributor

Originally Posted by 95wht6spd
I have a Procharger and lowered Z, and the intake tubes right behind the airdam are only about 1.5-2" above gound and scrape when I come in driveway. Should I just go slow and not worry, or is there a fix besides raising the car up? Teflon skid plates, etc?
You should bring it up just enough so that it doesn't scrape, I had the same issue with my car, added the blower and the additional weight brought it down just enough so I was scraping the stock air dam and along with my front spoiler, raised it back up just enough so it cleared and all is well. Here is a link on how to adjust the height. Ride Height
Old 01-27-2010, 07:10 PM
95wht6spd
Le Mans Master

Other options?
Old 01-27-2010, 11:43 PM
madmatt9471
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Palmdale, Ca----- 2009 Cyber Gray 4LT A6 F55 452 RWHP 422 RWTQ- RIP 1998 C5 734 RWHP & 585 RWTQ-----
Received 341 Likes on 281 Posts

I cut my main tube and moved it up as high as I can - it helped but it still touches some times

So I have plans to make a skid plate for it, I like your teflon Idea, I was thinking a piece of aluminum held on with hose clamps - I do think it;ll work fine and easily be replaceable

I my opinion raising the Vette is not the option -

Thanks,Matt
Old 01-28-2010, 09:44 AM
frc00ny
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I was thinking of moving my battery to the trunk. Maybe anything else that could be relocated also. I don't mind raising the car back up to its original ride height as drivability is more important. I need to enjoy the car and not cringe every time my front spoiler contacts a speed bump or hump in the road. Hell I cant even get in and out of my drivway very easily any more. I may try all of the above suggestions and possibly consider getting a shorter radiator and raising my cradle back up. I know that I am going to have to do something before the really hot weather gets here any way. I may be trying to seal every thing off in there so that air has go through the intercooler and radiator instead of around it as it appears is possible right now. I will post up when I get it done show some pictures.
Old 01-29-2010, 11:00 AM
vetterdstr
Team Owner

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
CA Events Coordinator

You really should be able to shorten up the ;plumbing and raise it nice and tight against the undercarriage. What type of kit do you have exactly?
Old 01-29-2010, 12:05 PM
95wht6spd
Le Mans Master

Procharger, I think it is the standard kit, was on the car when I purchased.
It looks like the lowest thing on the car are the 2 tubes that come from the intercoolers on the outside corners going to the middle to the intake. The tubes are black, maybe hard plastic, or cast metal.
Old 01-29-2010, 02:53 PM
vetterdstr
Team Owner

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
CA Events Coordinator

You can shorten up the top rubber coupler that comes from the blower to the "T" shaped metal tubing that goes to each of the intercoolers. Once its shortened up you can push it upward higher and get it more off the ground.
Old 01-29-2010, 03:06 PM
corvettebob1
Melting Slicks

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by vetterdstr
You can shorten up the top rubber coupler that comes from the blower to the "T" shaped metal tubing that goes to each of the intercoolers. Once its shortened up you can push it upward higher and get it more off the ground.
Yep with some finessing you can get it high enough that you will rip the bottom of the radiator off before hitting.
Also you should keep it pulled up with tie wraps.

Get notified of new replies

To What do you guys do for SC tubing scraping ground?

Quick Reply: What do you guys do for SC tubing scraping ground?