C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A&A Corvette Performance:Forced Induction Q&A thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2010, 02:19 PM
0Steve@AandACorvette
Former Vendor

Location: Oxnard SoCal www.aacorvette.com www.superchargersuperstore.com
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by mr.632
started car today ran find 5sec. later i could here a louder wine from charger , took belt off turn by hand ,can here small grind .i have A&A kit. should the pulley spend freely or should it have a little drag. i live near tampa fl. is there a shop here i can take it to to have it checked..
So, the unit has been on the car for a while? If so, take the oil feed nozzle off the supercharger and put it in a large ziplock bag or container of some sort. Have a friend crank the motor over and verify the oil is misting out of the nozzle. If it is not, blow out the nozzle with compressed air. If the oil is flowing and the supercharger has been installed for a while and has been quiet, it may have to come off and be sent in for a look through...
Old 09-11-2010, 05:02 PM
bcarp
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default NON Underdrive balancer Procharger Belt size

I am trying to find out my correct belt size for a 4.25 pulley. I found some info before but apparently it was wrong I do NOT have a underdrive balancer, I DO have the new style bracket and it is a 4.25 pulley. I have done alot of searching and had all kinds of conflicting information. I would like to get this right this time since it is a pain to remove the bracket and install a belt. maybe somebody is a better searcher than me
Old 09-11-2010, 06:20 PM
bcarp
Pro

I got it. Andy answered his phone when I called back, he didnt have the info in front of him but took a guess at K060930. It bearly fit so it is just right
Old 09-13-2010, 01:50 PM
0Steve@AandACorvette
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by bcarp
I got it. Andy answered his phone when I called back, he didnt have the info in front of him but took a guess at K060930. It bearly fit so it is just right
Cool.
Old 09-14-2010, 07:16 PM
mr.632
Instructor

Default bad balancer

Andy, what balancer can i use with your 6 rib kit thats better then the stock one THANKS Thomas
Old 09-15-2010, 03:46 PM
SuperSteve04Z
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a v-3si kit with a 3.8 pulley. Anyone have problems with tuning it with the 60# injectors? I ask because the tuner I am going to says the car runs well while in boost but if not in boost its not pleasant. Seeing about 7 lbs of boost. He says I should go with 45# injectors instead. The only other mods i have are 1 3/4 l/t headers and a monster clutch. Another 500 bucks seems like a kick in the nuuts especially if no one else has had problems. Thanks for any input.
Old 09-15-2010, 04:36 PM
0Steve@AandACorvette
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by mr.632
Andy, what balancer can i use with your 6 rib kit thats better then the stock one THANKS Thomas
The ATI and the Innovators are too deep, they hit the botom of the bracket.... I only know for sure that the stock one will fit.
Old 09-15-2010, 04:37 PM
0Steve@AandACorvette
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by SuperSteve04Z
I have a v-3si kit with a 3.8 pulley. Anyone have problems with tuning it with the 60# injectors? I ask because the tuner I am going to says the car runs well while in boost but if not in boost its not pleasant. Seeing about 7 lbs of boost. He says I should go with 45# injectors instead. The only other mods i have are 1 3/4 l/t headers and a monster clutch. Another 500 bucks seems like a kick in the nuuts especially if no one else has had problems. Thanks for any input.
There should be no problems tuning with the 60# injectors. Who is doing the tuning?
Old 09-15-2010, 09:49 PM
mr.632
Instructor

Originally Posted by Steve@AandACorvette
The ATI and the Innovators are too deep, they hit the botom of the bracket.... I only know for sure that the stock one will fit.
Thanks, you the man.
Old 09-18-2010, 03:03 AM
rodsvet
Pro

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

mr.632, Take a look at Summit Racing #sum-c2501. I just installed one and it does not hit the blower bracket. However, I shaved about .200 of the back of the bracket below the the idler pulley adjacent to the balancer just for added clearance. I haven't put any miles on it yet, but it spins perfectly with no wobble. It's rated to 12,000 rpm. It is an 8 rib balancer but you only use the forward-most 6 ribs. Width and dimensions are the same as factory. I used an ARP bolt @ 240 lbs. Check it out and see what you think. Rod
Old 09-18-2010, 03:10 AM
rodsvet
Pro

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

By the way, I must give a shout to The A&A guys. I called over there and asked a bunch of questions to do this job. They were not getting anything by me doing my own work, but took the time to walk me through the rough parts of the job. Thats why they are so respected in their profession. They are the only shop I will ever take my vette to. Rod
Old 09-21-2010, 05:31 PM
0Steve@AandACorvette
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by rodsvet
mr.632, Take a look at Summit Racing #sum-c2501. I just installed one and it does not hit the blower bracket. However, I shaved about .200 of the back of the bracket below the the idler pulley adjacent to the balancer just for added clearance. I haven't put any miles on it yet, but it spins perfectly with no wobble. It's rated to 12,000 rpm. It is an 8 rib balancer but you only use the forward-most 6 ribs. Width and dimensions are the same as factory. I used an ARP bolt @ 240 lbs. Check it out and see what you think. Rod
Originally Posted by rodsvet
By the way, I must give a shout to The A&A guys. I called over there and asked a bunch of questions to do this job. They were not getting anything by me doing my own work, but took the time to walk me through the rough parts of the job. Thats why they are so respected in their profession. They are the only shop I will ever take my vette to. Rod
Glad you got it all worked out Rod!

Old 09-22-2010, 09:43 PM
SueTaing
Racer

Looking into an AA kit but of course budget is such an issue at this time it is still in the planning stages. I currently have a stock 2000 C5 A4 with about 85k miles but will end up at about 90-95k miles when I am ready for this. Any maintenance tips? New springs/retainers? And for those who will chime in regarding the A4, that is also in the plans to be built by RPM. Not looking for max power just things I should do in order to be safe with the kit.

Ca means i gotta go carb legal which AA seems to have so it is pretty surefire i will go with them.

I heard they have refurb complete units at times for quite the bargain... Steve if you guys do please let me know asap, I can finance that for now until I have time to to install it myself or save to pay someone to install it. If there is a wish list to be added to please add me. Thanks please be friendly as I am new to the SC and vette scene.
Old 10-02-2010, 10:17 PM
1stGlance
CF Senior Moments Member
Support Corvetteforum!

I've been extremely happy with my A&A SC in my 2000 vert 6spd!
V2 Si type car made around 590RWHP LS6 cam stock LS1 heads / crank / pistons etc.

I've been slowly gathering stuff and aquired a used (13k miles)
SDPC LS2 block bored to 4.005 with
Diamond forged pistion -14cc
Crower forged I-beam rods 6.125
Eagle forged 4" stroker crank.
ported oil pump
GEN IV front cover with cam sensor
LS6 valley cover
LS2 timing chain lifter trays
COMP 850 lifters
stock front crank pulley.
AFR 225 Heads 74cc heavy duty springs
Yella Tera 1.7 roller rockers

I have a choice of the cam that came in the forged engine - or one that I bought seperately (at an earlier time)
Forged engine came with a Cartek 5x 244/252 .602/.612 114LSA
Cam I have (new never used) is 224/232 .59x/.59x 114LSA

So what cam will be best for this setup - being mainly a daily driver and used for fun trips - love third gear pulls - but hardly ever do standing starts for fear of breaking my poor old tired drive line components or trans.

What is the difference 116LSA vs 114LSA - I saw a post that mentioned you guys don't advise going lower than 116LSA?
Old 10-08-2010, 09:37 PM
hawk93
Pro

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Default hp ratings?

Just a question? How are you guys getting 550 plus to the rear wheels? I was told that I only got 480 to the rear. I am not complaining because I am happy with my A&A SUPER CHARGER and the installer. Those number sound inflated. What should I be getting? My car is an A4 and pretty much stock.
Old 10-11-2010, 01:40 PM
0Steve@AandACorvette
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by hawk93
Just a question? How are you guys getting 550 plus to the rear wheels? I was told that I only got 480 to the rear. I am not complaining because I am happy with my A&A SUPER CHARGER and the installer. Those number sound inflated. What should I be getting? My car is an A4 and pretty much stock.
For an 02 auto with 91 octane and no other mods, you are about at the right number. The C5 cars making 550 on 91 ocatane will be the manual cars with other mods, headers or a cam. The C5 Z06 can hit 550 at the wheels with no other mods. Did you get a before dyno number?
Old 10-11-2010, 09:04 PM
hawk93
Pro

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Default Hp

I wish I would have checked what I had prior to the super charger. Lol I think I have the bug!!! I want more hp. What's next?

Get notified of new replies

To A&A Corvette Performance:Forced Induction Q&A thread

Old 10-12-2010, 04:13 PM
0Steve@AandACorvette
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by hawk93
I wish I would have checked what I had prior to the super charger. Lol I think I have the bug!!! I want more hp. What's next?
Blower Cam!
Old 10-22-2010, 09:07 AM
1stGlance
CF Senior Moments Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Default Change from LS1 to LS2 ?

My current A&A Vortech is on my 2000 LS1 6spd Convert and I'm loving it! Been running it since around December 2008. This unit did include the "new" ram-air intercooler that you guys had just released back then.

I have a forged LS2 402 ready to swap in and wanted to ask a few questions.
1) Will the brackets / everyhting switch over for the A&A system?
2) What is the HP limit I can expect with the current injectors (?60lb?) and Vortech (the self contained one with higher efficiency rating (??Q-2??) unit I currently have? I think the pully size is one smaller (?3.5 or 3.6?) that should give around 12- or 13 lbs boost.

I can't find my original sheet with the information :o
I was hoping you might be able to look it up possibly?

Last edited by 1stGlance; 10-22-2010 at 02:39 PM.
Old 10-22-2010, 11:49 AM
0Steve@AandACorvette
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by 1stGlance
My current A&A Vortech is on my 2000 LS1 6spd Convert and I'm loving it! Been running it since around December 2008. This unit did include the "new" ram-air intercooler that you guys had just released back then.

I have a forged LS2 402 ready to swap in and wanted to ask a few questions.
1) Will the brackets / everyhting switch over for the A&A system?
2) What is the HP limit I can expect with the current injectors (?60lb?) and Vortech (the self contained one with higher efficiency rating (??Q-2??) unit I currently have? I think the pully size is one smaller (?3.5 or 3.6?) that should give around 12- or 13 lbs boost.

I can't find my original sheet with the information :o
I was hoping you might be able to look it up possibly?

Burk Bartels
1. If you keep the c5 water pump, everything will bolt right back on. If you are going to the LS2 intake/TB, you will need some bigger silicone and will have to flip the throttle body and space out the power steering reservoir.
2. If you have the S-Trim, you will max out on a 402 around 650-675. I can't really say how much boost the 3.6 will make on the motor, because of variables. I would think it would be around 8 or so on that motor with headers.
3. You may want to remove your phone # and address from the post.

Quick Reply: A&A Corvette Performance:Forced Induction Q&A thread