C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A&A Corvette Performance:Forced Induction Q&A thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2009, 05:13 PM
hawkeyeintx
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Steve@AandACorvette
Yes that is possible on a stock engine. I believe you have 93 octane down there, so that's good. I would change the cam since you are doing all the other goodies. Go with a mildish cam... around 218-232 on a 117 plus 3.
Sweet! I will be ordering one from you in the next couple of months.

Thanks!
Old 06-30-2009, 06:02 PM
D C
USMC (retired)
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yes that is possible on a stock engine. I believe you have 93 octane down there, so that's good. I would change the cam since you are doing all the other goodies. Go with a mildish cam... around 218-232 on a 117 plus 3.
or just go with a "baby" cam like mine
Old 07-03-2009, 03:34 PM
0Steve@AandACorvette
Former Vendor

Location: Oxnard SoCal www.aacorvette.com www.superchargersuperstore.com
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Old 07-07-2009, 02:30 PM
DeltaT
Advanced

Default Vortech head unit change

Steve,

I am thinking of upgrading from the V-2 T-trim to a V-7 YSi on my new SBC 434. I am going to run a solid roller. Any recommendations on a cam? The heads are the new AFR 235's, CR is 8.9:1, 1 7/8" longtubes, single plane MPFI with 72lb. injectors. T&D shaft rockers, 1.7intake, 1.8Exh. FJO Racing meth injection as well. Idle quality is important as this is supposed to be a sleeper 4DR sedan.

Also, could you PM me your best price for a V-7 YSi head unit, CW, straight discharge, satin finish, and a 10-rib retainer kit, please?

Thanks,

Jim

Last edited by DeltaT; 07-24-2009 at 06:26 PM. Reason: typo
Old 07-22-2009, 03:59 PM
0Arun@ChampionMotors
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DeltaT
Steve,

I am thinking of upgrading from the V-2 T-trim to a V-7 YSi on my new SBC 434. I am going to run a solid roller. Any recommendations on a cam? The heads are the new AFR 235's, CR is 8.9:1, 1 7/8" longtubes, single plain MPFI with 72lb. injectors. T&D shaft rockers, 1.7intake, 1.8Exh. FJO Racing meth injection as well. Idle quality is important as this is supposed to be a sleeper 4DR sedan.

Also, could you PM me your best price for a V-7 YSi head unit, CW, straight discharge, satin finish, and a 10-rib retainer kit, please?

Thanks,

Jim
Jim, crank up the CR-why are you handicapping the car?
Old 07-24-2009, 06:26 PM
DeltaT
Advanced

Because I will be switching back and forth from the YSi to my Whipple 3.3 setup which really likes the lower compression with the low rpm boost tip-in. If it were YSi only I would have gone around 9.5:1. I figure with those cubes even the YSi won't lack for lowend, maybe just give up a little crispness.

Jim
Old 07-26-2009, 11:58 PM
pcruiser73
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Default V3 Dipstick?

Could someone please tell me where the dipstick is located on the V3s. Is there supposed to be one with the kit and you just put it into the top fill plug?.

Thanks
Old 07-27-2009, 12:08 AM
DeltaT
Advanced

This is all I could find at the Vortech site: "V-3 Superchargers are not "universal fit." Each V-3 supercharger is configured for a specific vehicle. Installation of the wrong V-3 unit for your car may lead to a false dipstick reading which may cause under/over-filling of fluid in the unit. Either situation will likely cause unit failure. For each model, the remote oil drain hose port location, the dipstick port location and the actual dipstick length are specific to the physical orientation of the unit when installed in the vehicle."

I'd call.

Jim
Old 07-27-2009, 07:41 AM
pcruiser73
Instructor

Originally Posted by DeltaT
This is all I could find at the Vortech site: "V-3 Superchargers are not "universal fit." Each V-3 supercharger is configured for a specific vehicle. Installation of the wrong V-3 unit for your car may lead to a false dipstick reading which may cause under/over-filling of fluid in the unit. Either situation will likely cause unit failure. For each model, the remote oil drain hose port location, the dipstick port location and the actual dipstick length are specific to the physical orientation of the unit when installed in the vehicle."

I'd call.

Jim
Thats what I am afraid of, I have oil comming out of the breather every time I run it hard through the gears. So I want to check the oil to make sure the level is correct, but I have no dipstick I can find.

Ill have to call them when I get a chance.
Old 07-27-2009, 01:35 PM
0Steve@AandACorvette
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by pcruiser73
Thats what I am afraid of, I have oil comming out of the breather every time I run it hard through the gears. So I want to check the oil to make sure the level is correct, but I have no dipstick I can find.

Ill have to call them when I get a chance.
On either side of the blue serial tag... the topmost should be the vent and on the other side should be a dipstick.
Old 07-27-2009, 05:03 PM
Mankra
Intermediate

I have a 427 and a A&A V2 Trim Charger with 6 rip belt and 3,4" Pulley.
On 2000 turns, I have only 0,5 PSI and about 400nm Torque, at 3500turns about 4PSI and over 800nm Torque.
My question is, if I upgrade to a 8 Rip Belt System with a smaller pulley, get I more torque an lower turns per minute or will be the torque chart the same, only with higher numbers?
I want at lower turns more torque, is this possible with pulley change or only with an ohter champer?
Old 07-27-2009, 05:17 PM
0Steve@AandACorvette
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Mankra
I have a 427 and a A&A V2 Trim Charger with 6 rip belt and 3,4" Pulley.
On 2000 turns, I have only 0,5 PSI and about 400nm Torque, at 3500turns about 4PSI and over 800nm Torque.
My question is, if I upgrade to a 8 Rip Belt System with a smaller pulley, get I more torque an lower turns per minute or will be the torque chart the same, only with higher numbers?
I want at lower turns more torque, is this possible with pulley change or only with an ohter champer?
You may be running out of steam with the S-Trim. You may want to go to a T-Trim with the 8-rib setup. Do you have an overall power goal?
Old 07-27-2009, 05:53 PM
pcruiser73
Instructor

On either side of the blue serial tag... the topmost should be the vent and on the other side should be a dipstick.
Thanks Steve found it. I checked the oil and it goes a third of the way up the dipstick, about 2 inches above the crosshatched area. Am I correct in assuming this is overfilled and that it why it is blowing oil out the breather?
Old 07-27-2009, 06:05 PM
0Steve@AandACorvette
Former Vendor

Thanks Steve found it. I checked the oil and it goes a third of the way up the dipstick, about 2 inches above the crosshatched area. Am I correct in assuming this is overfilled and that it why it is blowing oil out the breather?
Seems like it. Did you put oil in it when you got it? The unit was filled form the factory.
Old 07-27-2009, 06:40 PM
pcruiser73
Instructor

Seems like it. Did you put oil in it when you got it? The unit was filled form the factory.
I did not do the install myself, the shop did add a remote drain line, so I am not positive that they didnt add some or not. At any rate I am going to drain it and fill it up again to the proper level. On another note, is the bottle of oil in the kit a 4oz bottle?
Old 07-27-2009, 06:44 PM
0Steve@AandACorvette
Former Vendor

I did not do the install myself, the shop did add a remote drain line, so I am not positive that they didnt add some or not. At any rate I am going to drain it and fill it up again to the proper level. On another note, is the bottle of oil in the kit a 4oz bottle?
The blower comes from Vortech with the stainless line attached. Each bottle of Vortech oil has the 4oz you need.
Old 07-27-2009, 06:49 PM
pcruiser73
Instructor

The blower comes from Vortech with the stainless line attached. Each bottle of Vortech oil has the 4oz you need.
Ok, thanks for your help Steve

Get notified of new replies

To A&A Corvette Performance:Forced Induction Q&A thread

Old 07-27-2009, 06:55 PM
0Steve@AandACorvette
Former Vendor

Ok, thanks for your help Steve
No problem... and for those that need more oil:

http://www.aacorvette.com/performanc...roducts_id=334

Old 07-28-2009, 03:09 AM
Mankra
Intermediate

You may be running out of steam with the S-Trim. You may want to go to a T-Trim with the 8-rib setup. Do you have an overall power goal?
Thank you.
I have about 550rwhp, thatīs Ok, but under 3000rpm to less and I want more power from earlier rpm.
This is my testsheet:

Do you say, with a smaller Pulley the torque-curve goes to lower rpmīs?
Old 07-28-2009, 11:17 AM
0Steve@AandACorvette
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Mankra
Thank you.
I have about 550rwhp, thatīs Ok, but under 3000rpm to less and I want more power from earlier rpm.
This is my testsheet:

Do you say, with a smaller Pulley the torque-curve goes to lower rpmīs?
The smaller pulley will get you an increase accross the power band. I would not go smaller than a 3.2" on the S-Trim and on 6-rib.
Max RPM for the impeller on an S-Trim is 50,000.
With a 3.2" pulley, 7.33" crank, shifting at 6300RPM.. you will be at 52,000RPM on the impeller.

Quick Reply: A&A Corvette Performance:Forced Induction Q&A thread