C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A&A Corvette Performance:Forced Induction Q&A thread

Old 07-31-2017, 12:32 PM
Darkvette98
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ok cool
Old 08-12-2017, 10:46 PM
Chevy Guy
Team Owner

Received 64 Likes on 48 Posts

Hey Josh - Seems that due to the cam and other work I have on my car the FP005A fuel pump (255lph) isn't up to the task with 10psi. I've been asked by my tuner to go to a 340lph pump.

Can you recommend an in tank pump for me?
Old 08-14-2017, 12:01 PM
Josh@AandASuperchargers
Platinum Supporting Vendor

Received 182 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by Chevy Guy
Hey Josh - Seems that due to the cam and other work I have on my car the FP005A fuel pump (255lph) isn't up to the task with 10psi. I've been asked by my tuner to go to a 340lph pump.

Can you recommend an in tank pump for me?
What year model vette do you have?
I prefer our external fuel system when upgrading for big power. We offer a single and twin pump option.

http://www.aacorvette.com/supercharg...&cPath=1_45_46

PLEASE TAKE A MOMENT TO VISIT OUR NEW WEBSITE AT WWW.AACORVETTE.COM
NOW PARTNERING WITH AFFIRM TO OFFER INTEREST FREE FINANCING!

A&A CORVETTE PERFORMANCE
477 LAMBERT ST Ste A
OXNARD CA 93036
(805) 278-4107

Instagram @aacorvettesuperchargers
Facebook.com/AACorvette

Old 08-14-2017, 09:13 PM
Chevy Guy
Team Owner

Received 64 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by Josh@AandASuperchargers
What year model vette do you have?
I prefer our external fuel system when upgrading for big power. We offer a single and twin pump option.

http://www.aacorvette.com/supercharg...&cPath=1_45_46
2001 - Any discount for supercharger customers?
Old 08-15-2017, 02:27 PM
Josh@AandASuperchargers

Originally Posted by Chevy Guy
2001 - Any discount for supercharger customers?
Give me a call to discuss options and prices.
805-278-4107 shop

-Josh
Old 09-09-2017, 09:05 PM
Akatsuki_c6
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Steve@AandACorvette
What included in the A&A Supercharger kit and how is it different?

I get asked this quite frequently, so I figured I would make a post about what comes in the A&A kit and what are some differences from others.

A&A C5 Supercharger Kit

A&A C6 Supercharger Kit

Vortech Supercharger
Ah, yes the centrifugal supercharger. We choose Vortech. Polished finish is standard.

The V-2 Si-Trim is now the standard in A&A Corvette supercharging systems. This new supercharger is equipped with enhanced high-performance compressor stages, allowing for greater airflow, boost pressure and power gain potential. These new compressors are a product of Vortech's latest research and development process. The Si-Trim is capable of operating at a peak efficiency of 78% - an impressive 6% improvement over the S-Trim's already class-leading performance. Not only does a more efficient supercharger produce a cooler air charge, it also allows for reduced engine load which results in greater net horsepower and torque gains.

While the V-2 Si-Trim is standard (and has shown itself to be 700RWHP and 9 sec 1/4 mile worthy), you can upgrade to a V-2 T-Trim, V-3 Si-Trim, V-3 T-Trim, V-7 JT-Trim, or V-7 YSi-Trim Supercharger!

The A&A Corvette C6 Ram Air Intercooler

The A&A Corvette C5 Ram Air Intercooler

• Our intercooler design has evolved, through constant testing, into the most efficient intercooler system available for the C6 Corvette.
  • Our intercoolers rely on superior “air management” of the charge air as well as the external cooling airflow. Both are equally important and are often overlooked by the competition. With the limited space available in a Corvette, positioning of the intercooler is critical.
  • A large intercooler that is hidden behind the frame is not as efficient as a smaller intercooler that is exposed to full frontal airflow. Our intercooler is as large as any available but it’s placement is the key to superior charge cooling. The entire core is exposed to the cooling air stream.
  • The top of the intercooler core is positioned right at the bottom of the frame. It is mounted forward so as not to allow air to flow over the top of the intercooler.
  • We have side panels and a larger bottom panel that seals up against the front fascia.
  • This gives us a “Ram Air” effect through our intercooler. No other manufacturer has spent as much time and resources on air flow management as A&A.
  • Looking through the grill opening on an A&A system will reveal the difference between our system and all others. Nothing but the core area of the intercooler is exposed to the incoming rush of cold air. The intercooler face in encompassed by our sheet metal enclosure and both tanks are completely hidden from view.
  • The area next to the intercooler is also closed in with aluminum panels assuring that any air that is fed around the sides of the intercooler is redirected back into the radiator. Again, this is something no other manufacturer has incorporated into their systems.
  • Other designs allow the upper portion of the intercooler core to be shrouded by the frame and allow air to travel over and around the intercooler. When looking through the grill opening on other systems, you see the lower tank and only a portion of the core. This is horribly inefficient!

Mounting Bracketry
  • Belt wrap is the key to eliminating belt slip and our proprietary bracket system offers more belt wrap than any other system on the market.
  • Our bracket is CNC machined from 5/8” high quality 6061 aluminum plate and fly cut on both sides to assure absolute consistency in thickness. This is imperative for proper belt alignment.
  • Our brackets are constantly quality checked by assembling on our “mock up” engine and checking alignment with a laser aligner.

Turbosmart Blowoff Valve
  • Blow-off Valves improve supercharger operations by opening to relieve unwanted pressure during deceleration. This reduces heat build-up and eliminates compressor surge
  • Flows 320 CFM @ 8 PSIG
  • This aluminum piece is standard in our systems, not the cheap plastic valve
  • We also include a filter to quiet down the valve

60 lb/hr Fuel Injectors

For your LS1/LS6/LS2/LS3/LS7, we supply you with 60lb injectors.

Fuel Pump or B-A-P
Depending on the year of your car, the kit comes with a high-flow LPE intank fuel pump or a Boost-A-Pump. (You can also order substitute a BAP for the pump in the early C5 models.)

NGK TR-6 Spark Plugs
Forced inducted cars need colder plugs. The kit will come with a set of one heat range colder (TR-6) spark plugs.

Crank Pinning Kit
Crank pinning kit that includes a new factory GM crank bolt.

T-Bolt Clamps
All visible connections are made with High Quality Stainless T-Bolt clamps. While the traditional worm gear clamps get the job done, the T-bolt clamps have a cleaner looking appearance.

The Little Things
The little things, let's take our idler pulley that goes on the automatic tensioner as an example. We have a spacer machined for us to fit in the pulley. Pretty sweet setup. We have seen other kits that use just a washer in this situation. Tightening the Bolt only bends the washer!

And don't forget the A&A C5 or C6 T-Shirt!

(walking up to the podium) I would now like to answer any questions that you may have.

Whats up A&A I recently purchased your kit for my 08 C6 and got the standard 38mm blow off valve. How much would it be to replace it for the 50mm BOV?
Old 09-11-2017, 12:28 PM
Josh@AandASuperchargers

Originally Posted by Akatsuki_c6
Whats up A&A I recently purchased your kit for my 08 C6 and got the standard 38mm blow off valve. How much would it be to replace it for the 50mm BOV?
Give us a call at the shop to discuss.
805-278-4107 shop
Old 09-19-2017, 09:10 PM
03DSGVERT3985
Heel & Toe

Default Low boost

just installed v3 T trim only seeing 2-3lbs of boost at WOT with 3.8 pulley. I have the belt as tight as I can get it. No leaks that I can find

futral cam 232/234 .598/.598 112 LSA
AFR mongoose heads
ARH headers
LS6 intake

is it not seeing higher boost number because of the cam and the longtubes? really hoping to get this figured out
Old 09-20-2017, 11:16 AM
Josh@AandASuperchargers

Originally Posted by 03DSGVERT3985
just installed v3 T trim only seeing 2-3lbs of boost at WOT with 3.8 pulley. I have the belt as tight as I can get it. No leaks that I can find

futral cam 232/234 .598/.598 112 LSA
AFR mongoose heads
ARH headers
LS6 intake

is it not seeing higher boost number because of the cam and the longtubes? really hoping to get this figured out
Sounds like you might have a 25% underdrive balancer so it's not making much boost.

Usually tho guys don't have the belt tight enough, so I tell them to tighten it more and try again to see if the boost goes up.
Also some guys have made adapters to check for boost leaks.
Also make sure the vacuum line to the BOV is not pinched or pulled off, that could cause the BOV to push open and bled off boost.
If you still need help give us a call at the shop. 805-278-4107
Old 10-16-2017, 07:18 PM
YNOT85
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I'm having issues with the belt shifting over 1 rib on the ribbed idler. I've got the new bracket and a P1SC. Initially I thought it was my 6 rib pulley with the supplied spacer. I replaced it with an 8 rib 928 Motorsports 3.4 pulley. Same thing. Im having a hard time understanding why it would jump (towards engine) when it's between 2 smooth pulleys?? The PS pulley is flush. I've also got an extra bracket bolt, with a spacer that's marginally longer than the other 3? I hope I'm missing something stupid.
Old 10-16-2017, 07:25 PM
Josh@AandASuperchargers

Originally Posted by YNOT85
I'm having issues with the belt shifting over 1 rib on the ribbed idler. I've got the new bracket and a P1SC. Initially I thought it was my 6 rib pulley with the supplied spacer. I replaced it with an 8 rib 928 Motorsports 3.4 pulley. Same thing. Im having a hard time understanding why it would jump (towards engine) when it's between 2 smooth pulleys?? The PS pulley is flush. I've also got an extra bracket bolt, with a spacer that's marginally longer than the other 3? I hope I'm missing something stupid.
If you have any pics of the setup installed email me Josh@aacorvette.com

Also give us a call at the shop Tuesday to discuss and see if you missed anything along the way. 805-278-4107 shop
Old 10-19-2017, 02:15 AM
Steve@C56
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

have check the 50 a&a pages without finding 10' logo, could you link or post it ?
is there as MN6 version of your 10's logo ? (done 10.438s at the sd pass in safe mode... without role cage... the stop me run Under 10.5 because no roll cage)
Old 11-03-2017, 12:26 AM
Chicago1
Race Director

Received 321 Likes on 208 Posts

Gents, what do you guys do if someone has a fast manifold and ls2 tb on a C5? I went to put in my new intake and ls2 tb on hits the A&A bracket ( I have a D1SC)

So I flipped the TB around but now hits the power steering reservoir and bracket. What are you guys doing to fix this? I read only a quick thread but the pics where on photobucket so no bueno.Thanks if you have some kit or spacers let me know so I can purchase it. I have a 01
Old 11-03-2017, 11:35 AM
Josh@AandASuperchargers

You will need to spacer the p/s forward a couple inches. I've seen guys add a male to male hose barb to lengthen the hose and used spacers and longer bolts for the reservoir.

Originally Posted by Chicago1
Gents, what do you guys do if someone has a fast manifold and ls2 tb on a C5? I went to put in my new intake and ls2 tb on hits the A&A bracket ( I have a D1SC)

So I flipped the TB around but now hits the power steering reservoir and bracket. What are you guys doing to fix this? I read only a quick thread but the pics where on photobucket so no bueno.Thanks if you have some kit or spacers let me know so I can purchase it. I have a 01
Old 11-03-2017, 11:01 PM
Chicago1
Race Director

Found a thread but if any of your other customers ask what you want what you said. 2" spacers with 120mm M10X1.5 bolts,2 washers barely bigger then the spacer so it can't slide over it. My spacer started going through the alternator bracket because the washer was barely to big so just a heads up. You probably could use 3" spacers and wouldn't have to notch the bracket..seems easy to make you guys should make a kit.

edit: Apparently I can't spell but now fixed

Last edited by Chicago1; 11-13-2017 at 07:49 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Josh@AandASuperchargers (11-06-2017)
Old 11-09-2017, 05:09 PM
03DSGVERT3985
Heel & Toe

Default Fixed rib idler

I have an issue with the fixed rib idler on the car. Installed the kit less than 500 miles ago and already have a squeal coming from the fixed rib idler pulley. Are the bearings replaceable or is a new pully needed?

Any info would be appreciated. Just looking for answers/solutions before pulling the blower assembly off the car
Old 11-09-2017, 05:16 PM
Josh@AandASuperchargers

Give us a call at the shop to discuss
805-278-4107 shop

-Josh

Originally Posted by 03DSGVERT3985
I have an issue with the fixed rib idler on the car. Installed the kit less than 500 miles ago and already have a squeal coming from the fixed rib idler pulley. Are the bearings replaceable or is a new pully needed?

Any info would be appreciated. Just looking for answers/solutions before pulling the blower assembly off the car

Get notified of new replies

To A&A Corvette Performance:Forced Induction Q&A thread

Old 11-13-2017, 07:53 PM
Chicago1
Race Director

On the older bracket is there a easier way to get the tensioner spring in the up position? I can't seem to find anything to stick in there that will stay or has enough room once I lower the blower in place. I been stretching the belt on the alternator pulley with a crow bar and starting to eat up the alternator pulley and may be stretching the belt out. Hope that makes sense. I know you have a new bracket but for now I'm stuck with this one
Old 11-13-2017, 08:16 PM
Josh@AandASuperchargers

Originally Posted by Chicago1
On the older bracket is there a easier way to get the tensioner spring in the up position? I can't seem to find anything to stick in there that will stay or has enough room once I lower the blower in place. I been stretching the belt on the alternator pulley with a crow bar and starting to eat up the alternator pulley and may be stretching the belt out. Hope that makes sense. I know you have a new bracket but for now I'm stuck with this one
I used to have a small piece of angle iron that I could wedge in there on the really old 1pc brackets to hold the tensioner open on the bench before dropping it down in the car.

On the 2pc brackets I can use a 1/2" drive extension to wedge in there.

On the new Billet Tensioner bracket we have it setup to use a locking pin thru the guide hole.
Old 11-14-2017, 12:38 PM
Chicago1
Race Director

I believe mine is the 2 piece. I will try a small 1/2" next time. Thanks

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: A&A Corvette Performance:Forced Induction Q&A thread