C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A&A Corvette Performance:Forced Induction Q&A thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2018, 10:34 PM
Andy@A&ACorvette
Platinum Supporting Vendor

Received 202 Likes on 125 Posts

First of all, notice that his first angry post was the day BEFORE he ever called me for any kind of assistance.
Obviously this is an angry young man. I talked with him at length on the phone today and got nowhere.
Before I could say "hello" he was on me about how bad the instructions are and how they suck etc.
As it turns out, the Boost A Pump instructions were correct. Whether he followed them correctly is anyones guess. I could hardly get a word in edgewise when trying to help him diagnose his fuel pressure issue.
He says the Boost A Pump is bad. That would be highly unusual but I suppose it's possible.
I offered to send him a new one. I was willing to drive it over to Fedex on my day off. I did ask him to pay for a new one with the assurance that he would be refunded 100% upon receipt of the old one. It would be a simple in and out on his credit card and wouldn't have cost him a dime.
I knew there wasn't a chance in hell he'd send the old one back if I didn't do it this way.
His demand was I send him a new one at no charge and send it overnight. I can't do that and told him so.
So his comment is something to the effect that he'll post what a dick I am everywhere he can. How do deal with somebody like this?
I sell over 500 systems a year and I honestly get about two customers a year like this. You just have to draw the line somewhere.
I have a feeling that when he sends it back to Kenne Bell, he'll wish he'd taken me up on my offer to replace it for free, no questions asked. KB certainly won't do that.

A&A CORVETTE
477 LAMBERT ST
OXNARD CA 93036
WWW.AACorvette.com

A&A CORVETTE SUPERCHARGER SYSTEMS
HOME OF THE WORLDS FIRST
CENTRIFUGALLY SUPERCHARGED C7

SUPERIOR ENGINEERING- SUPERIOR POWER
SUPERIOR PRICING- SUPERIOR CUSTOMER SUPPORT

Andy@AACorvette.com 805- 278 4107

Last edited by Andy@A&ACorvette; 02-12-2018 at 10:47 PM.
Old 02-12-2018, 10:40 PM
realcanuk
Le Mans Master

Received 394 Likes on 359 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

Originally Posted by Andy@A&ACorvette
Obviously this is an angry young man. I talked with him at length on the phone today and got nowhere.
Before I could say "hello" he was on me about how bad the instructions are and how they suck etc.
As it turns out, the Boost A Pump instructions were correct. Whether he followed them correctly is anyones guess. I could hardly get a word in edgewise when trying to help him diagnose his fuel pressure issue.
He says the Boost A Pump is bad. That would be highly unusual but I suppose it's possible.
I offered to send him a new one. I was willing to drive it over to Fedex on my day off. I did ask him to pay for a new one with the assurance that he would be refunded 100% upon receipt of the old one. It would be a simple in and out on his credit card and wouldn't have cost him a dime.
I knew there wasn't a chance in hell he'd send the old one back if I didn't do it this way.
His demand was I send him a new one at no charge and send it overnight. I can't do that and told him so.
So his comment is something to the effect that he'll post what a dick I am everywhere he can. How do deal with somebody like this?
I sell over 500 systems a year and I honestly get about two customers a year like this. You just have to draw the line somewhere.
I have a feeling that when he sends it back to Kenne Bell, he'll wish he'd taken me up on my offer to replace it for free, no questions asked. KB certainly won't do that.
I wouldn't worry about children like that. I bought my kit used and your service has still been above and beyond whenever I needed anything. We all know that and know how to ignore posts that obviously make no sense, or are just vindictive.
Old 02-12-2018, 10:56 PM
pat1
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There you go again with the comments. I never called you a dick anywhere or anything at all, I'm just stating my experience with your business. I never demanded for you to send me one at no charge. I never demanded anything. Send it on your day off hahahahah you can't remember what your saying. lolol I do remember you stating that you would ship it today and then you started reneging on that and then you hung up on me. I don't need your broken part and I have never and will never steal anything. You jumped to conclusions. Your instructions do suck and as stated by YOU and Josh that they are out of date. You did say that you don't have time to do fix them.

Remember sir YOU are the one calling names here and as you did on the phone. What was that comment that you said about my life? What was that comment that my stuff is probably crap and that's why it won't work and I probably drug it on the ground before I installed it.
VERY unprofessional so say the least.

I never said anything derogatory about you at all, You did! I spoke the truth as I am on this post.

You sir have a wonderful evening!

Last edited by pat1; 02-12-2018 at 11:05 PM.
Old 02-12-2018, 10:59 PM
pat1
Advanced

Originally Posted by realcanuk
I wouldn't worry about children like that. I bought my kit used and your service has still been above and beyond whenever I needed anything. We all know that and know how to ignore posts that obviously make no sense, or are just vindictive.

REALLY? lolol
Old 02-13-2018, 10:57 AM
Chevy Guy
Team Owner

Received 64 Likes on 48 Posts

First of all, notice that his first angry post was the day BEFORE he ever called me for any kind of assistance.

Hey Andy - I think your reputation and product certainly stand on their own. A someone who recently put your kit on, there are a bunch of gaps in the process - but you were a huge help! I think you called me back within 10 minutes of leaving you a message and it was a Saturday or Sunday if I'm not mistaken!

To the angry instruction guy, take a break and have a few deep breaths and give Andy the details - he'll make it right.
Old 02-13-2018, 11:23 AM
pat1
Advanced

Originally Posted by Chevy Guy
Hey Andy - I think your reputation and product certainly stand on their own. A someone who recently put your kit on, there are a bunch of gaps in the process - but you were a huge help! I think you called me back within 10 minutes of leaving you a message and it was a Saturday or Sunday if I'm not mistaken!

To the angry instruction guy, take a break and have a few deep breaths and give Andy the details - he'll make it right.

Not angry, Andy has labeled me that way as you can see in his post above. . There are people in the world that want to make other people look bad when they find their faults instead of fixing the problem from the get go. It’s just a frustrating to pay this much for a kit and have what you said yourself a bunch of gaps. The owner of A&A needs to sit down and make it right. That’s it! I was able to figure it out and my issue was the bap. The last thing I want to do is call and get instructions when they could be correct in the instructions. Why have instructions? Kind of redundant right?
Old 02-24-2018, 12:13 PM
Scotty_Z06
Racer

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

Do you offer replacement plumbing for sale? I couldn't find anything on the site.
Old 02-24-2018, 12:45 PM
C5 Kirkland
Pro

Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts

I sell over 500 systems a year and I honestly get about two customers a year like this.
Because money does not have any prejudice.
Old 02-25-2018, 08:45 PM
Andy@A&ACorvette

Received 202 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by Scotty_Z06
Do you offer replacement plumbing for sale? I couldn't find anything on the site.
We can sell any individual part of a kit separately, if you need it.
You'll need to call or email us to order.
Old 02-26-2018, 04:07 PM
Josh@AandASuperchargers

Received 182 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by Scotty_Z06
Just call the shop to place an order for others reading this.
805-278-4107 office

I think you and I talked already this morning and got your order written up.

PLEASE TAKE A MOMENT TO VISIT OUR NEW WEBSITE AT WWW.AACORVETTE.COM
NOW PARTNERING WITH AFFIRM TO OFFER INTEREST FREE FINANCING!

A&A CORVETTE PERFORMANCE
477 LAMBERT ST Ste A
OXNARD CA 93036
(805) 278-4107

Instagram @aacorvettesuperchargers
Facebook.com/AACorvette

The following users liked this post:
Scotty_Z06 (03-01-2018)
Old 02-27-2018, 08:53 AM
Scott99Z
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What sort of boost would you figure on a ‘99 M6 C5 with the “smallish” (from what I’ve read stage 1.5) 220/230 a&a cam, 1 3/4 Texas Speed longtubes with cats on 3.6 and 3.8 pulleys? Trying to figure out which one to go with? Power guesses and would a LS6 manifold be worth the ~$325? Would like to be <=600 rwhp but of course close would be nice. Also if I decide to do a pretty basic short block rebuild (lots of miles) with forged rods and pistons any recommendation on just like a -4cc relief or getting a dished -10/-11cc piston? Again I’d like to stay 600 or less and be as safe as possible and stay pump gas. From the best I have searched the above mentioned cam would be pretty tame? Thanks
Old 02-27-2018, 01:29 PM
Josh@AandASuperchargers

Originally Posted by Scott99Z
What sort of boost would you figure on a ‘99 M6 C5 with the “smallish” (from what I’ve read stage 1.5) 220/230 a&a cam, 1 3/4 Texas Speed longtubes with cats on 3.6 and 3.8 pulleys? Trying to figure out which one to go with? Power guesses and would a LS6 manifold be worth the ~$325? Would like to be <=600 rwhp but of course close would be nice. Also if I decide to do a pretty basic short block rebuild (lots of miles) with forged rods and pistons any recommendation on just like a -4cc relief or getting a dished -10/-11cc piston? Again I’d like to stay 600 or less and be as safe as possible and stay pump gas. From the best I have searched the above mentioned cam would be pretty tame? Thanks
With 3.8 about 8-9psi and the 3.6 about 10-11psi.

With the cam and headers already on it, probably do a 3.8" pulley and pump gas tune and stay under 600rwhp, but get real close to it.
The LS6 intakes are nice, but not required since boost will still make all the power you need.

If you build a forged shortblock aim for 9.7-10 CR and add more boost and fuel system upgrade to make bigger power if you want.
Old 05-26-2018, 03:19 PM
jdwtx85
Racer

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Josh
Looking at a t trim for my z06 ls6
Car has longtubes and will get a cam little smaller than the jam cam.
With a cam and longtubes what will the 4.0 3.8 3.6 pulleys get me. I'm only gonna run pump gas for now then meth next yr.
Thanks alot.
Old 06-03-2018, 02:58 PM
Chevy Guy
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Josh@AandASuperchargers
Sounds like a great combo. Let us know if you get some seat time at the track and what mph it puts down.

It's been a while but finally got the car to the track.

Trap speed was 129mph with all kinds of issues, including a 2.3 60 foot time.

Did much better on my second run, laying down a 1.7 60 foot, and then at about the 660, my Mantic single disk clutch exploded, there is friction disk mater.ial popping out of every gap in the bell housing. Thing is brand new and has about 1000 miles and maybe 6 runs on it.
Old 07-09-2018, 08:34 AM
-98-z28-darkness-
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It about the 1 year annivesary of my si trim on my 01 c5 auto...love the power!
would my injectors and fuel pump that came with your system handle an e85 setup? I'm just under 500 hp on pump. Planning to do a flex fuel set up.
Old 07-09-2018, 11:48 AM
Josh@AandASuperchargers

Originally Posted by -98-z28-darkness-
It about the 1 year annivesary of my si trim on my 01 c5 auto...love the power!
would my injectors and fuel pump that came with your system handle an e85 setup? I'm just under 500 hp on pump. Planning to do a flex fuel set up.
For E85 I'd guess you will need at least our external fuel pump system single or twin pumps. Bigger injectors likely as well. Best to ask your Tuner what combo he prefers for the fuel system on E85.
Old 08-07-2018, 12:24 AM
I1ABAZO6
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Gates RPM belt

Hey Josh....
I need to replace my belt K060905 on my V3 si. Do you guys recommend using the RPM belts?

Thanks in advance

Get notified of new replies

To A&A Corvette Performance:Forced Induction Q&A thread

Old 08-07-2018, 12:35 PM
Josh@AandASuperchargers

Originally Posted by I1ABAZO6
Hey Josh....
I need to replace my belt K060905 on my V3 si. Do you guys recommend using the RPM belts?

Thanks in advance
Yes we've seen good results and positive feedback from guys trying the RPM series out.
I1ABAZO6 (08-08-2018)
Old 09-23-2018, 10:23 AM
Chevy Guy
Team Owner

Never posted a finished pic. Here is is.

Josh@AandASuperchargers (09-24-2018)
Old 09-24-2018, 08:14 AM
TDAWG62
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default over heating

I was told by my tuner I would detonate my LS7 if I ran my 06, Z06 on the track due. to heat. I have dual radiators and 180 thermostat. 708 RWHP. 93 octane. Is this true and if so what can I due to better cool it. V3 SI

Last edited by TDAWG62; 09-24-2018 at 08:17 AM. Reason: left out informatio

Quick Reply: A&A Corvette Performance:Forced Induction Q&A thread