C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A&A Corvette Performance:Forced Induction Q&A thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2024, 07:45 PM
Theoriginalbrett
Heel & Toe

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Hello.

I am very close to pulling the trigger on an A&A kit for my bone stock 02 Z06. Just have a few questions:

1. The biggest question.. traction. With the base pulley and a very very conservative tune I'm looking at 550 to the wheels minimum.

I cant get traction in 1st and sometimes 2nd stock. What are the grippiest street tires you guys use and what percentage of the power are you able to put down with them? This is my daily driver so drag radials bad idea, no? If this thing is gonna just spinspinspin then it's a waste.

2. Dependability. I've heard that if you drive normally and stay out of boost it drives like stock.

3. Maintainance. Is there any?

4. Heat. I occasionally do an HPDE. How will an A&A hold up to this beating? Additional cooling mods needed?

Last thing, anybody near Knoxville wanna take me for a ride in an A&A car so I can get an idea? LOL

Thanks in advance!

Old 03-22-2024, 06:52 PM
Josh@AandASuperchargers
Platinum Supporting Vendor

Received 182 Likes on 142 Posts

You might try a local Corvette club to ask if anyone has A&A Kit already that you can check out or ride in with them. Give us a call to discuss in better detail. 805-278-4107 Thx, Josh
Old 03-23-2024, 08:37 AM
Missileboy
Racer

Received 325 Likes on 183 Posts

1. The biggest question.. traction. With the base pulley and a very very conservative tune I'm looking at 550 to the wheels minimum.
I have a very similar setup to the A&A kit, mine dyno'd at 510hp/512ft lbs/ Started as a stock base coupe with a Catback. I added an electric waterpump. Stock cam, manifolds and intake.

I cant get traction in 1st and sometimes 2nd stock. What are the grippiest street tires you guys use and what percentage of the power are you able to put down with them? This is my daily driver so drag radials bad idea, no? If this thing is gonna just spinspinspin then it's a waste.
No real input here that is too useful, mines an 02 A4 Coupe. I run Nitto's 555's and like them as my street tires. If I pound it, up in smoke so you do have to learn some throttle control to get the power down, again mines an A4.

2. Dependability. I've heard that if you drive normally and stay out of boost it drives like stock.
True. Until you get in it, with the exception of the slight supercharger wheezin' sounds at idle, you'd never know but I love that the torque just pulls and pulls without having to downshift. Really does make it a better driving car in my opinion.
3. Maintainance. Is there any?
Only maint (on mine which is a ECS setup and similar to the A&A setup) is the usual belt inspection and change the oil (~4 ounces) in the head unit. I do mine with engine oil changes ~3k miles. Easy and adds 10 mins to the job. Has it's own line with a drain plug, too easy.
4. Heat. I occasionally do an HPDE. How will an A&A hold up to this beating? Additional cooling mods needed?
I went with a new DeWitt's raditor and a 160degree thermostat. Car runs ~170 degrees and up to 180 in traffic/bumper to bumper. Haven't used mine in any events, just back road pounding. I didn't want to deal with cooling issues, so I decided to upgrade the system while I was having it done at ECS.
Last thing, anybody near Knoxville wanna take me for a ride in an A&A car so I can get an idea? LOL
Can't help ya there! I on the east coast, but the local Corvette club recommendation is a good one! There are alot of C5's out there with these kits for a reason! They are awesome-

Quick Reply: A&A Corvette Performance:Forced Induction Q&A thread