TVS 2300 and C5 hood options - CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

Notices
C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TVS 2300 and C5 hood options

Old 03-12-2010, 03:16 PM
Erics_02_z06
CF Senior Member

Default TVS 2300 and C5 hood options

Has anybody found a hood that works yet? One post said the RK sport hood works. What about the caravaggio? magnaextractor?

Also, someone apparently has the tvs1900 on a c5...can you give us some idea of what kind of clearance you have?
Old 03-13-2010, 03:48 PM
Zo3o6
CF Senior Member

Old 03-23-2010, 01:13 AM
AmMscl
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by Zo3o6 View Post
x2
Old 03-26-2010, 04:10 PM
Erics_02_z06
CF Senior Member

Im currently working with a member on this forum to see if the caravaggio will fit over the 2300. I'll keep you gusys posted....
Old 10-22-2010, 11:51 AM
Yellow Z
CF Senior Member

I have the 2300 on my C5. RK sport hood must be cut at the top near the firewall and it rubs slightly on the bridge.
Old 04-17-2011, 09:25 PM
TRDon
CF Member

I hate to bump this but yellow Z, did you put this hood on your car? I am in need of a hood and the RK hood looks really nice and lower than the lingenfelter or the carvaggio but and concerned about clearance. We, Being my dad's car, just got the tvs2300 installed and tuned and now are in desperate need of a hood. A little trimming is no big deal, but the blower does stick up a lot in the front near the TB and air bridge. Just looking fro confirmation before buying it and having it not work tomorrow.
Old 04-17-2011, 09:34 PM
SteveDoten
CF Senior Member

Cruise-In VII Veteran

how many 2300 kits are out there for the C5?
Old 04-18-2011, 12:00 AM
Z06PSI
1SG of the Goon Squad
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '17-'18

Well anything that will fit the KB's should fit the TVS's. I have a VIS Carbon cowl myself..
Old 04-18-2011, 01:24 AM
Henry D
CF Member

I have the Lingenfelter hood on mine. It fit, but under speed it pressed down on the rear pulleys. Last I heard, they were going to modify it, but it really wasn't that big of a deal to make it work. Keep in mind, this was originally designed for the MP 112.

Here's a few random shots to show the different angles.

Last edited by Henry D; 04-18-2011 at 01:08 PM.
Old 04-18-2011, 01:27 AM
Henry D
CF Member

Sorry, I meant to add these, too.

Old 04-24-2011, 06:47 PM
Yellow Z
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by TRDon View Post
I hate to bump this but yellow Z, did you put this hood on your car? I am in need of a hood and the RK hood looks really nice and lower than the lingenfelter or the carvaggio but and concerned about clearance. We, Being my dad's car, just got the tvs2300 installed and tuned and now are in desperate need of a hood. A little trimming is no big deal, but the blower does stick up a lot in the front near the TB and air bridge. Just looking fro confirmation before buying it and having it not work tomorrow.

I am running the RK sport but you have to cut out a portion of the hood for the pulley near the fire wall. It also rubs on the air bridge, however, you might be able to fix this problem with some trimming and work to lower the bridge. I picked up my hood pretty cheap and I plan to have it repainted in the future so I have not focused on trying to fix these problems. The cut out portion near the firewall I think can be remedied fairly easily. I dremeled out a portion of the hood for clearance and in the future I will flip over the cut out portion and reinstall it with some fiberglass work. The rubbing on the bridge is enough to rub off the paint, but it is very possible that I will be able to fix this in the future. I just have not had time to look at it yet. I really like the lower profile look of this hood.
Old 04-29-2011, 01:23 AM
TRDon
CF Member

Originally Posted by Yellow Z View Post
I am running the RK sport but you have to cut out a portion of the hood for the pulley near the fire wall. It also rubs on the air bridge, however, you might be able to fix this problem with some trimming and work to lower the bridge. I picked up my hood pretty cheap and I plan to have it repainted in the future so I have not focused on trying to fix these problems. The cut out portion near the firewall I think can be remedied fairly easily. I dremeled out a portion of the hood for clearance and in the future I will flip over the cut out portion and reinstall it with some fiberglass work. The rubbing on the bridge is enough to rub off the paint, but it is very possible that I will be able to fix this in the future. I just have not had time to look at it yet. I really like the lower profile look of this hood.
Thanks for the input, the hood is supposed to be delivered tomorrow and my dad and I are gonna install it tomorrow. Doesnt sound like anything too bad, thanks for the heads up His car is all kinds of fun with the blower now. I think he just got tired of me beating up on him
Old 09-05-2013, 03:44 PM
Bonnetts02Vette
CF Senior Member

Back from the dead.

Does anyone know if the ACI radical hi rise hood will work with the TVS2300?

I'm sure notching the rear is required but I'd be worried about the front of the snout more than anything rubbing the hood.
Old 12-30-2013, 01:56 PM
Lt. Dan M.
CF Senior Member

I have a caravaggio on my 02Z. Like the others, it has to be cut out at the back for the pulleys.
Old 01-05-2014, 09:04 PM
_zebra
CF Senior Member

seems like a pretty old discussion, but i'm surprised i missed it all this time.
the Kenne Bell hood fits with no cutting and has factory lines - just taller. TPE was the last people i know of who sold it.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: TVS 2300 and C5 hood options

Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: