C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cartek Presents HPE Direct Drive SC Kits for C5 & C6

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2010, 12:38 AM
tekhombre
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by easyvette
Technically he doesnt have to change the power steering pulley. The alternator is a must because of the new assembly in front of the alternator...
Old 10-19-2010, 01:25 AM
tekhombre
Drifting

Here are some results with the HPE brackets.
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c5-f...-156-8mph.html
Old 12-08-2010, 10:18 PM
Scubanme
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Seems like a good thing for the S/C crowd!

Old 12-10-2010, 10:16 AM
0Arun@CCP
Former Vendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Scubanme
Seems like a good thing for the S/C crowd!

Actually-a no brainer for the supercharged crowd-the best innovation to come along in a long time that I can remember.

Old 12-13-2010, 11:59 AM
Julian@Cartek
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the props...we have a few other inovative things in the works as well... Stay tuned!
Old 12-23-2010, 10:35 PM
JET LEE
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like the dowel interlock on the bracket spacer looks engineered
Old 01-05-2011, 02:45 AM
LS1LT1
Team Owner

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by JET LEE
Old 01-08-2011, 12:12 AM
Max@Cartek
Drifting

Originally Posted by Julian@Cartek
Thanks for the props...we have a few other inovative things in the works as well... Stay tuned!

Originally Posted by JET LEE
Thanks
Old 06-16-2011, 02:31 AM
tekhombre
Drifting

Originally Posted by Boob
Will the 8 rib ATI super damper work with this setup or do you have to use the innovators west overdrive crank pulley?
It will work with the 8 rib ATI super damper, the Innovators West overdrive crank pulley or the stock damper.

Julio
Old 07-09-2011, 08:54 PM
0Jeff @ TPE
Former Vendor

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06 & '12

Hey Julio,

We just called your shop a few minutes ago (your closed since its saturday). We are smack in the middle of installing one of your kits kits now. The one we have is the F1R. We are missing instructions, and a few other parts.

All in all, I must say its hands down the nicest centrifugal system weve ever seen. If this isnt overkill, I dont know what is. You system is so over engineered, its insane. We are all EXTREMELY impressed. I cant say it will out perform anyone elses, as we havent tested it yet, but what I can say is the amount of cool billet pieces you get is pretty cool..
I left my info on your machine, so please call us on monday when you guys open back up. If anyone is able to call us this evening, shoot me a PM and Ill give you my cell.

We'll be doing an install thread here soon. Since we are doing this with no instructions, its somewhat challenging but your pictures are priceless. They have virtually walked us through the entire install.
Old 07-09-2011, 08:56 PM
JMBLOWNWS6
Melting Slicks

Received 111 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeff @ TPE
Hey Julio,

We just called your shop a few minutes ago (your closed since its saturday). We are smack in the middle of installing one of your kits kits now. The one we have is the F1R. We are missing instructions, and a few other parts.

All in all, I must say its hands down the nicest centrifugal system weve ever seen. If this isnt overkill, I dont know what is. You system is so over engineered, its insane. We are all EXTREMELY impressed. I cant say it will out perform anyone elses, as we havent tested it yet, but what I can say is the amount of cool billet pieces you get is pretty cool..
I left my info on your machine, so please call us on monday when you guys open back up. If anyone is able to call us this evening, shoot me a PM and Ill give you my cell.

We'll be doing an install thread here soon. Since we are doing this with no instructions, its somewhat challenging but your pictures are priceless. They have virtually walked us through the entire install.
Jeff I just got done doing mine. What questions did you have? Mine was pretty striaght forward. I also polished the top manual tensioner. Looks awesome. The belt they sent didnt work on mine. AC was too loose. And they should notch the back of the lower bracket where most companies use the oil feed to supercharger. Its pretty tight. Can only do it with an open end wrench.
Old 07-09-2011, 09:10 PM
SBCGENII
Melting Slicks

Received 42 Likes on 39 Posts

Been waiting to see some more info on this kit. Please post some info and pics one you get the kits installed. Interested to see how you like the supercharger bracket? Long time no see jeffattpe

Last edited by SBCGENII; 07-09-2011 at 09:14 PM.
Old 07-09-2011, 10:57 PM
0Jeff @ TPE
Former Vendor

St. Jude Donor '06 & '12

Well, were missing the inlet "Dongle" the air filter, some pieces to the upper shroud, the small brackets that hold the fans to the radiator, and a couple bolts.

Our a/c belt was wayy to tight. We were sent a Dayco belt # 5060360. That relates to a 060365 Gates belt. It was physicaly impossible to install. Even if we removed the alternator all together, and tried to manipulate the pieces, we were still about 1/2" off. We ended up buying a 060370 Gates, and it is perfect. It goes on nice and snug, yet still gives us at least 40% of avail tension adjustment. When tightened, it looks like the one they have pictured.

Our main questions were all of the front I/C, shroud pieces. Our upper shroud is in multiple pieces, with a few pieces that bolt together to create the i/c mount.

Your right, it is pretty straight forward, but when we get a sandwich bag full of bolts, washers, and nuts; along with a pile of brackets and shrouds, with no instructions, it gets a little frustrating. We realized that were missing one of the upper shroud pieces, and that is what was throwing us off. Once we realized it wasnt in the box, we figured it out immediatly.

Aparently, this is the first F1R kit that has been done on this system. At least that is what my customer was told. The F1 compressor housing hadnt been re-clocked, so we werent sure if it was supposed to be. I just didnt want to have to pull it out, if we find that it needed to be.

We would have loved to have had some instructions and seperation of the hardware, but its not the end of the world. The other thing that we feel should be addressed is the upper shroud. It should not be left raw aluminum. It should be anodized, or powdercoated. There are to many fine scratches, and rough surface edges. It just looks unfinished.

All in all, we are very impressed with the kit. It is very very well thought out. The attention to mounting point, and proper components is awesome. The tensioner is unlike anything i've ever seen. Its a freaking work of art. They should mass produce those by themselves..

The only thing I dont like, is the tensioner on the alternator. There is not enough transitioning load to require that type of tensioner. A simple sliding upper alternator munt would suffice, and it would eliminate that massive bracket in front of it. But like I said, they engineered this thing for a million horsepower. We have a 6 rib belt running nothing moret that the alternator and P/S. A 4-5 rib would work just as well.. But 1 or 2 extra ribs for insurance never hurt anyone..
Originally Posted by JMBLOWNWS6
Jeff I just got done doing mine. What questions did you have? Mine was pretty striaght forward. I also polished the top manual tensioner. Looks awesome. The belt they sent didnt work on mine. AC was too loose. And they should notch the back of the lower bracket where most companies use the oil feed to supercharger. Its pretty tight. Can only do it with an open end wrench.
Old 07-11-2011, 11:47 AM
02402ramair
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I have a kit for a f1r and a bracket system for a f1a. Instructions would be nice. Some way to release the spring loaded tensioner would also be nice. It looks like I am missing a 90 degree boot from the S/C to the I/C on the F1r kit.

The F1a car has been working perfect. 5.80 in the 1/8 at 15lbs of boost and NO BELT SLIP.

I liked the First set of brackets so good I have started using them for all my S/C builds.
Old 07-11-2011, 08:44 PM
0Jeff @ TPE
Former Vendor

St. Jude Donor '06 & '12

Spoke to Julio and got everything handled. He called us first thing this morning and shipped the parts needed.
Aparently, since this was an F1R some of the parts were intentionly omitted. Thankfully Julio decided to help the customer out by shippng them at no charge anyways.

If you guys have been on the fence about this kit, it truely is a work of art.

The car is almost ready to be fired. Were just waiting on an intake, and a few odds and ends..
Old 07-11-2011, 08:45 PM
JMBLOWNWS6
Melting Slicks

Received 111 Likes on 77 Posts

Spoke to Julio and got everything handled. He called us first thing this morning and shipped the parts needed.
Aparently, since this was an F1R some of the parts were intentionly omitted. Thankfully Julio decided to help the customer out by shippng them at no charge anyways.

If you guys have been on the fence about this kit, it truely is a work of art.

The car is almost ready to be fired. Were just waiting on an intake, and a few odds and ends..
Make a thread and bust out some pics!
Old 07-11-2011, 09:12 PM
0Jeff @ TPE
Former Vendor

St. Jude Donor '06 & '12

Im gonna..
Originally Posted by JMBLOWNWS6
Make a thread and bust out some pics!

Get notified of new replies

To Cartek Presents HPE Direct Drive SC Kits for C5 & C6

Old 08-31-2011, 10:27 AM
SBCGENII
Melting Slicks

Received 42 Likes on 39 Posts

Im gonna..
Where are the pics at?
Old 08-31-2011, 03:11 PM
oh1vette
Safety Car

Received 153 Likes on 117 Posts

Nothing on the website, or am I missing it...
Old 09-01-2011, 08:16 PM
blownnastyc5
Burning Brakes

i'd like to see some pics and info/prices on the cog set up

Quick Reply: Cartek Presents HPE Direct Drive SC Kits for C5 & C6