C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ECS vs. A&A

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2010, 09:02 PM
98TA86
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default ECS vs. A&A

And before i get all the responses of can't go wrong either way or your beating a dead horse or use the search button I understand all of these things and have searched and am still having some trouble deciding so just trying to explain my plans and see what you guys think. I've had a heads/cam ls1 before but this would be my first time dealing with FI so I just wanna do it right the first time and not be adjusting things a lot like I did with my last car.

At first I was all about A&A b/c of the options and lower initial price, but if I went with A&A I would probably want to upgrade to a diff head unit etc which makes the cost difference pretty small in the big picture. After doing some research I found out the paxton is really quiet which is what is now getting my attention b/c I want it to be as much of a sleeper as possible, and I have plans to build a motor like a ls2 402 down the road so the paxton would really be able to stretch its legs with that set up. Also I was thinking A&A with the V3 b/c i was going to try to install it myself and i've read that the install is easier, but now i've decided that I would def. screw it up so I'll just leave it to the professionals.

I guess with that said I'm leaning toward ECS right now but my im going back and forth so much its giving me a headache ha. So am I overlooking anything in this decision???

any info is appreciated.
Old 08-23-2010, 09:06 PM
Brandon619
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 242 Likes on 209 Posts

They both make great kits, with that being said I prefer the ECS head unit bracket myself. So I would pick the ECS unit but you cant lose with A&A quality and customer service. Good luck on your selection
Old 08-23-2010, 10:00 PM
wilson34
Burning Brakes

Either with a procharger head unit.
Old 08-23-2010, 10:07 PM
Chrisrokc
Drifting

Received 170 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by 98TA86
And before i get all the responses of can't go wrong either way or your beating a dead horse or use the search button I understand all of these things and have searched and am still having some trouble deciding so just trying to explain my plans and see what you guys think. I've had a heads/cam ls1 before but this would be my first time dealing with FI so I just wanna do it right the first time and not be adjusting things a lot like I did with my last car.

At first I was all about A&A b/c of the options and lower initial price, but if I went with A&A I would probably want to upgrade to a diff head unit etc which makes the cost difference pretty small in the big picture. After doing some research I found out the paxton is really quiet which is what is now getting my attention b/c I want it to be as much of a sleeper as possible, and I have plans to build a motor like a ls2 402 down the road so the paxton would really be able to stretch its legs with that set up. Also I was thinking A&A with the V3 b/c i was going to try to install it myself and i've read that the install is easier, but now i've decided that I would def. screw it up so I'll just leave it to the professionals.

I guess with that said I'm leaning toward ECS right now but my im going back and forth so much its giving me a headache ha. So am I overlooking anything in this decision???

any info is appreciated.
I am going with a blower soon and I also live in your area. Good luck on your decision. I decided on the A&A kit. Haven't pulled the trigger yet but will be doing so over the winter months. Have her up and running by spring.

What year car are you putting it on?
Old 08-23-2010, 10:15 PM
easyvette
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by wilson34
Either with a procharger head unit.
Couldnt agree more... With the 402 in the future and F unit would come to mind...
Old 08-23-2010, 10:28 PM
wilson34
Burning Brakes

Prochargers aren't for everyone due to the whine, but if your looking to make some serious power then they are for you. I'm also fond of vortech units as well.

I'm waiting for response from cartek to see if they will sell their new bracket separately because that is a supercharging master piece right there.
Old 08-24-2010, 02:51 AM
moserbe
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

I went with the ECS Novi and the car is a monster. Buying stickier tires so I can reap all the benifits of the news horses.
Old 08-24-2010, 05:54 AM
SBCGENII
Melting Slicks

Received 42 Likes on 39 Posts

I would wait to see what the new cartek is all about.
The following users liked this post:
streetstrip (05-16-2020)
Old 08-24-2010, 06:46 AM
BLOWNBLUEZ06
Tech Contributor

Received 69 Likes on 47 Posts

You should definitely call each vendor and discuss it with them.
Then sit down, consider your goals and make a decision.
After doing that I chose A&A and have no regrets. Andy was great to me before the sale. Even better afterwards, which is rare these days.
It all came down to product, price and comfort level with the vendor after our discussion and it was a difficult decision. ECS has a great product as well.
Old 08-24-2010, 08:54 AM
5 Liter Eater
Le Mans Master

Received 38 Likes on 32 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11

I've struggled with this decision before too. I had an A&A Prochrager P1 kit on my old '99 and I have an ECS 1500 kit on my C6. It will probably come down to you finding a good deal on one or the other. I have gotten good/excellent service from both vendors.

Vortech = Paxton. While there are more options with Vortech they are very much the same. I will say that my Paxton is very quiet. Like sleeper quiet. If quiet is what you want you definitely do not want a Procharger. Since Paxton~=Vortech could start with an ECS 1500 or 2200 kit and if you need more air change the head unit out for a Ysi and it will bolt right up. Or you could get an A&A S or T trim and upgrade to a Ysi later. I would recommend a self contained unit rather than engine oil fed but that is my personal preference.

Old 08-24-2010, 10:44 AM
ttbestas
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 5 Liter Eater
I've struggled with this decision before too. I had an A&A Prochrager P1 kit on my old '99 and I have an ECS 1500 kit on my C6. It will probably come down to you finding a good deal on one or the other. I have gotten good/excellent service from both vendors.

Vortech = Paxton. While there are more options with Vortech they are very much the same. I will say that my Paxton is very quiet. Like sleeper quiet. If quiet is what you want you definitely do not want a Procharger. Since Paxton~=Vortech could start with an ECS 1500 or 2200 kit and if you need more air change the head unit out for a Ysi and it will bolt right up. Or you could get an A&A S or T trim and upgrade to a Ysi later. I would recommend a self contained unit rather than engine oil fed but that is my personal preference.

if you prefer good customer service then stay away from ecs
Old 08-24-2010, 11:03 AM
cjlaw73
Race Director

Originally Posted by ttbestas
First I have ever heard that.
Old 08-24-2010, 11:07 AM
HP_Addict
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Both are great companies, I have bought stuff from both but got my blower from ECS. they have been great to work with. My Novi 2K is very quiet and makes tons of power.

One thing for you to remember. If you are having a shop do the install, I would talk with the shop and get their opinions. They may have more experience with one versus the other. Plus you do need to find a good shop to do your tuning. This is key.

Either way, you will find tons of people on here who have had success with both companies. So it is hard to go wrong with something that is proven and been around. Personally I stay away from the latest thing on the market, because there are always bugs that have to be worked out.
Old 08-24-2010, 11:36 AM
Chris@East Coast Supercharging
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran
Cruise-In III Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran

Originally Posted by ttbestas
Sorry you feel that way, still waiting to hear back from you on my last PM to help you with your cam issues.
The following users liked this post:
Bobole04 (04-12-2016)
Old 08-24-2010, 12:48 PM
CamminC5
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 47 Likes on 45 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15-'16-'17-'18

I picked up an A&A v3-SI 2 months ago, and thought it was very easy to install. Mike Yeager @ East Coast Performance gave me a great price on the kit with gauges and trans brace. Both Mike and the guys at A&A have always taken the time to answer any questions I've had.
Old 08-24-2010, 02:40 PM
0Steve@AandACorvette
Former Vendor

Location: Oxnard SoCal www.aacorvette.com www.superchargersuperstore.com
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Our setup with the V-3 T-Trim is $5,500. Do you have a shop that is going to be doing the work? What is their opinion?
Old 08-24-2010, 03:41 PM
0Mike69@ECS
Former Vendor

Cruise-In III Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran

Ours is $5995 (actually $5745 with the carlisle sale pricing) comes with a bigger head unit, steel idlers, 4 in ducting, new injectors, and a HD tensioner. And enough power potential to do this. .

Ask you shop thier opinion and if I can help with your research, feel free to shoot me a pm.

Get notified of new replies

To ECS vs. A&A

Old 08-25-2010, 07:51 AM
Mike04
Safety Car

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

With either kit you will want more power in the end. Get a big head unit with either kit. I have a Ysi on one car, not a sleeper, and Novi 2000 on another, close to a sleeper. Both are great blowers with the Ysi flowing a little more.

Be ready to spend $$ on a new driveline, rear, and fuel system if you plan on a 402 in the future.
Old 08-25-2010, 09:38 AM
DOUG @ ECS
Premium Supporting Vendor

Location: Providing the most proven supercharger kits for your C5/6/7 609-752-0321
Received 1,085 Likes on 656 Posts

Powerdyne for the win!!
Old 08-25-2010, 02:26 PM
0Steve@AandACorvette
Former Vendor

Location: Oxnard SoCal www.aacorvette.com www.superchargersuperstore.com
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by DOUG @ ECS
Powerdyne for the win!!

Quick Reply: ECS vs. A&A