C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tuan Le et al here is a link you may like.

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2002, 11:25 PM
intel55
Le Mans Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tuan Le et al here is a link you may like.

Here is a lil thing I think I will try out. I just found this page. Looks very interesting if it performs as claimed. A switch that turns OFF the ntirous if you go to lean or rich. Gotta love that. So no need to run those two nitrous noids.... should work with the TNT kit, single relay. :D I am buying... hope it works :D oh yeah also a a/f meter ..both n/a and on the laughing gas
http://www.speedshop.org/detail.asp?...T_ID=NEDT-0011

[Modified by intel55, 9:39 PM 3/30/2002]
Old 03-31-2002, 10:12 AM
shftn6
Pro

Default Re: Tuan Le et al here is a link you may like. (intel55)

I think I will have to get one of these.
Old 03-31-2002, 12:57 PM
Slammed Vette
Safety Car

Cruise-In II Veteran
Cruise-In III Veteran

Default Re: Tuan Le et al here is a link you may like. (shftn6)

I think I'll be looking at that too!!Wonder if it will fit down along side the switches in the ashtray?
Old 03-31-2002, 11:48 PM
0Sales@MVPAutoParts.com
Former Vendor

Intel55,

Thanks for the link. Let me know whenever you get a chance to come to Houston. Beers are on me. :D

This device is a little pricey at $179, but will definitely make a ver nice addional safety switch.

There are still a few issues that I can see. 1st, gotta make sure that your O2 sensor readings accurate otherwise it won't do you any good. And the question is how accurate are the stock O2 readings? 2nd, it will not help you if there is a mechanicle failure (stuck-open) with your nitrous solenoids. Even this switch cut off power to the nitrous solenoids, nitrous would still be flowing. So I think you should still run dual nitrous solenoids.

:cheers:
-Tuan

[Modified by Tuan Le, 10:01 PM 3/31/2002]
Old 04-01-2002, 03:45 AM
intel55
Le Mans Master

Default Re: Tuan Le et al here is a link you may like. (Tuan Le)

:lol: :lol: I was thinking about stopping by Houston on my way back to check on some head work I am having done out there. However, I saw that from Tucson (where I am soaking up the sun) it is about 1000 out of my way back to Chicago... oh well :D If you go to the cruise in then maybe we can hook up for beers :cheers:

The lil a/f +cutoff switch is damn pricey. I bet it is $20 from radio shack, but oh well, no time for that :D :D I am going to give it a whirl.

Your right about the 02 sensors. I could probably use some new ones. I trust them for them for the most part. You could test them against a wideband. The lil switch thing won't work if the noid gets stuck open. That is still the risk. I have seen more people blow a motor from gonig lean and then pinging (myself included :D , non ls1) than a noid sticking.
I guess to be ULTA safe, you run this lil gizmo and two nitrous noids. :cheers:
Old 04-01-2002, 03:48 AM
intel55
Le Mans Master

Default Re: Tuan Le et al here is a link you may like. (Slammed Vette)

I think I'll be looking at that too!!Wonder if it will fit down along side the switches in the ashtray?
hmmmm I don't think so. I just took out my swtiches and put in the NX switch thing and there is not much room left. I think when you don't want to see it you could probably stick it in there. I think on the gas I will put it right in front of me and see if it bugs me or not. :cheers:
Old 04-01-2002, 11:13 AM
0Sales@MVPAutoParts.com
Former Vendor

According to the link, it looks like this switch is also act as an air/fuel gauge. So if you don't already have a gauge, no need to purchase one. :D

-Tuan

Get notified of new replies

To Tuan Le et al here is a link you may like.

Quick Reply: Tuan Le et al here is a link you may like.