C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What is the difference between F.R.E.D. and the NX Maximizer?

Old 04-22-2002, 02:47 PM
bparker
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default What is the difference between F.R.E.D. and the NX Maximizer?

Do any of you guys have experience with these two?

FRED

NX Maximizer

How are they different (if they are)?

Which is better? Why?

Can either of them be suplemented as a "Window Switch"?

Thanks for the help as I am still trying to put "the right setup" together.. and NOT buy what I dont need.... :D

BP

[Modified by bparker, 12:48 PM 4/22/2002]
Old 04-22-2002, 03:01 PM
C5-VERT
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 279 Likes on 212 Posts
Cruise-In IV Veteran

Default Re: What is the difference between F.R.E.D. and the NX Maximizer? (bparker)

Do any of you guys have experience with these two?

FRED

NX Maximizer

How are they different (if they are)?

Which is better? Why?

Can either of them be suplemented as a "Window Switch"?

Thanks for the help as I am still trying to put "the right setup" together.. and NOT buy what I dont need.... :D

BP

[Modified by bparker, 12:48 PM 4/22/2002]

Quote from NX "The Maximizer is the only controller that allows your N20 system to deliver full power on the 100% setting. "

Now I do not know if that is true but I have the Maximizer and love it! One major feature that I did not see on the F.R.E.D but it may have it is a Reset Rise feature. This allows the start percentage of the shot to increase for each gear you shift into. Ex. You may want to start off with 35% of the total shot in first gear, and when you shift into second, start off with 75% of your total shot. NX will also retard timing with external ignition systems.

It cannot emulate a window switch as it has no rpm input. I like the idea of having a backup anyway!

:cheers:
Old 05-01-2002, 06:10 PM
Mopar Jimmy
Team Owner

Location: Elmhurst, IL (West Suburb of Chicago) & Home of MEGA Horsepower
Received 584 Likes on 399 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06

Default Re: What is the difference between F.R.E.D. and the NX Maximizer? (C5-VERT)

What shot have you run with the maximizer 100, 150. How much does maximizer cost? How much spray out of the hole are you using, ie-35% and then into second how much then. In other words, how do you have your maximizer set up and for as percentage of N20 its releasing when you drag race and what horsepower jet have you tested at drags?

Thanks, Nitrovette
Old 05-02-2002, 12:19 PM
numtin
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: What is the difference between F.R.E.D. and the NX Maximizer? (bparker)

Its the same system.

The nitrous warehouse just gave it a differnt name. (i asked the same question when calling to order one)

i changed my mind about the maximizer. the problems i had were this

1. it could only store one program @ a time.
2. i had to remeber to set it to 0 when not at the track to be able to run the system on the highway
3. 500 is alot of money and from what i can tell, its really for the big hosts of n20 (200+)
4. controllers can pulse the solinoids causing them to go bad earlier

i went with an MSD window switch instead.

to be honest, you need to be carefull, it seems that there are alot of hocus pocus n20 items out there. remeber to keep it simple, most people run with just a bottle and a switch, no heater (180), no remote opener (200), no window switch (140) . I changed my mind about alot of things after really doing some research. I am not going to tell you how to spend your money, just do so research before going with one, just because its the latest greatest thing.

[Modified by numtin, 10:29 AM 5/2/2002]
Old 05-02-2002, 02:58 PM
RatRacer
Safety Car

Received 118 Likes on 73 Posts

Default Re: What is the difference between F.R.E.D. and the NX Maximizer? (numtin)

A friend of mine has a brand new NX Maximiser for sale. It's brand new, never been used. I think he wants $350 for it.

Get notified of new replies

To What is the difference between F.R.E.D. and the NX Maximizer?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What is the difference between F.R.E.D. and the NX Maximizer?