C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I really could use your help. $1000 REWARD

Old 08-16-2011, 07:26 PM
Andy@A&ACorvette
Platinum Supporting Vendor

Received 202 Likes on 125 Posts

Default I really could use your help. $1000 REWARD

I could use some help in tracking down a stolen supercharger system.
The system was sold to a guy in Falling Rivers W. Virginia on June 9th and shipped to, Frederick Md. The customer (thief) told us he was in a hurry because he and his son were entering the car in some sort of cross country race. It may have been Bull Run or some other Bull Sh t.
Coincidently, the actual card holder also owns a Corvette, although a different model from what the kit was ordered for.
He ordered a T Trim, 8 rib pulley set and some other stuff totaling just over $9100.
The card holder denies having ordered the system and charged back the entire amount. We really have no way to dispute this.
This person who actually ordered the system had the card holders’ correct name and address as well as the CVV2 number on the back of the card. Evidently that doesn’t matter and the bank has taken the $9100 from my account. We will not be getting it back unless we go to arbitration (which will cost us at least another $500) and can prove that it was the actual card holder that received the system. We obviously have no way to prove that.
We hired a private detective who checked out the house and found some mail addressed to someone, we found out, has a history of credit card fraud. The mail was subsequently picked up, so someone is using this address as some sort of a mail or package drop.
The cell phone number he used was registered to a woman who also has a warrant for credit card fraud.
It’s quite obvious that this person ordered it for someone with a Corvette. It’s not an item that you would steal unless you had a buyer, or accomplice, with a Corvette. The kit was for 02 Z06.
I want to find out who has it. I’m willing to pay $1000 to find out who has it and get it back. Anyone who knows someone, in that area, that just got a kit, or is contracted to install or tune it should do the right thing and contact me. The Serial number of the stolen unit is 56790.
The Ventura County Sherriff and the Fredrick Md. PD have the name and address of the actual person who received the unit. They have both been very helpful and seem to be taking it pretty seriously.
If I can get the system back from the person who actually has it, I will give them the benefit of the doubt and not press charges. If the police find him first, I will absolutely press charges and I will definitely press charges against the guy who scammed the credit card.
I feel like I’ve done a lot for the Corvette community, over the years, and now I’m asking for your help. If anyone can help, it would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks, Andy

A&A CORVETTE
477 LAMBERT ST
OXNARD CA 93036
WWW.AACorvette.com

A&A CORVETTE SUPERCHARGER SYSTEMS
HOME OF THE WORLDS FIRST
CENTRIFUGALLY SUPERCHARGED C7

SUPERIOR ENGINEERING- SUPERIOR POWER
SUPERIOR PRICING- SUPERIOR CUSTOMER SUPPORT

Andy@AACorvette.com 805- 278 4107

Last edited by Andy@A&ACorvette; 08-17-2011 at 11:16 AM.
Old 08-16-2011, 08:06 PM
Corvette-Chris
Le Mans Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Damn, sorry to hear Andy! If I was near that area, I'd for sure go out of my way to help.
Old 08-16-2011, 08:06 PM
Darion
Safety Car

Received 232 Likes on 142 Posts

Wow, so sorry this happened to you. I just came home from visiting family in the Annapolis area and theft is a huge issue. FedEx is having all kinds of issues with packages being taken from homes, thieves just taking them. Hope you recover your system and on a personal note I love my A and A system!

Pat
Old 08-16-2011, 08:12 PM
BLOWNBLUEZ06
Tech Contributor

Received 69 Likes on 47 Posts

Rick Kim lives there. I'll make sure he's aware of the situation and have him put his ear to the ground.

It's @ssholes like this that ruin the fun of owning a business. I hate to see this happen to anyone, but there are a few business owners that you and I both know that I would care a lot less if it happened to them. Really sorry it happened to you.
Old 08-16-2011, 08:23 PM
C5kid
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Cruise-In VI Veteran
St. Jude Donor '12

I'll cruise Craigslist, I'm sure it will turn up
Old 08-16-2011, 08:47 PM
SLVRCPE
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Damn.. I can offer checkng Ebay and CL, I wish I could do more for you Andy. I would probably kick in a little on the reward if that would help you?

The thing that really gets me is that given the size of this forum and the speced 8-rib setup, more likely than not a member of this forum has knowledge of exactly what is going on..
Old 08-16-2011, 09:08 PM
4DRUSH
Le Mans Master

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Corvettes at Carlisle is next week, I'll keep an eye out.
Old 08-16-2011, 09:34 PM
86 vetter
Instructor

I'll be at Race Proven Motorsports tomorrow afternoon. I'll let them know to watch for anyone coming in to hock a kit or get a tune on this serial #. It really peeves me when someone takes advantage of such a valued member of our community. I hope you get a chance to strangle this sob.
Old 08-16-2011, 09:39 PM
SmoothFRC
Melting Slicks

Received 62 Likes on 49 Posts

isnt this a case of identity theft/fraud? why would you be on the hook for it - doesnt the cc'd companies have programs/insurance just for this?

Just doesnt seem fair - why would any company want to accept the cards if this is how they are treated?
Old 08-16-2011, 09:54 PM
Rick@RKT Performance
Supporting Vendor

Received 147 Likes on 111 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12, '14-'15-'16-'17-'18

Hey Andy, Bret told me about this thread. I do live in Frederick and I do know number of shops that does install/tuning so I'll get the word out. I'll do everything I can to help. You can keep the $1,000 if I get you the SC back!
Old 08-16-2011, 10:19 PM
C5kid
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Cruise-In VI Veteran
St. Jude Donor '12

Originally Posted by 4DRUSH
Corvettes at Carlisle is next week, I'll keep an eye out.
Just thought of that. I will def. keep my eyes open, goin early Fri morning so I'll put A&A's # in my phone.
Old 08-16-2011, 11:01 PM
BLOWNBLUEZ06
Tech Contributor

Received 69 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by SmoothFRC
isnt this a case of identity theft/fraud? why would you be on the hook for it - doesnt the cc'd companies have programs/insurance just for this?

Just doesnt seem fair - why would any company want to accept the cards if this is how they are treated?
It's certainly not fair, but their customer didn't charge it and the CC company isn't going to take the hit for it, so that leaves Andy. A bunch of crap if you ask me. Especially after they are more than happy to charge business a percentage of the sale just to be able to accept the credit card in the first place. Credit card companies are big scams. They prey on everyone and once you're on the hook with some debt, are now allowed to jack up your interest rate to whatever they see fit. You can thank our wonderful government for that little change in the law. They're all thieves and make me sick.
Old 08-16-2011, 11:16 PM
jobberone
jobberone
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Sorry to hear this Andy. It really takes a lot to trigger fraud. The threshold just keeps going up and up. I was lucky to catch someone but only because they were on federal probation. Otherwise the authorities would have ignored it as it was less than $6000. Good luck.
Old 08-17-2011, 12:05 AM
chevylad
Pro

Sorry to hear the news. I'll keep my eye on ebay.
Old 08-17-2011, 05:54 AM
4SFED Z
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Damn man. That sucks. Good luck locating the kit. Theives are lower than **** roaches.
Old 08-17-2011, 08:00 AM
spoon98hatch
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good luck finding it- might have wanted to keep all the details private but I understand its the only way to get the word out. You should send another part through the mail and lace the whole thing with Anthrax- get biological on their asses....
Old 08-17-2011, 08:24 AM
4DRUSH
Le Mans Master

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by spoon98hatch
Good luck finding it- might have wanted to keep all the details private
You should have this thread removed now, we got the message, hopefully the thief didn't see this.

Get notified of new replies

To I really could use your help. $1000 REWARD

Old 08-17-2011, 09:26 AM
lghtsout
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Andy is a great guy I'm sorry to hear a D-Bag did this to him.

I say lets find this SOB and ship him to Andy
Old 08-17-2011, 10:09 AM
mdaniel
Le Mans Master

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

I'd also post this on Z06Vette, DigitalCorvettes, LS1Tech, and the others.

It'll turn up, hopefully before someone makes an honest mistake and buys the package off of the scammers.
Old 08-17-2011, 10:40 AM
oh1vette
Safety Car

Received 153 Likes on 117 Posts

[QUOTE=mdaniel;1578433504]I'd also post this on Z06Vette, DigitalCorvettes, LS1Tech, and the others.

Great idea!!!

and - Might want to post in the regional section too...

Last edited by oh1vette; 08-17-2011 at 10:48 AM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: I really could use your help. $1000 REWARD