C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Which Supercharger System is the best for stock C5 Z06
ECS Paxton Novi Kit
37.67%
A&A Vortech Kit
62.33%
Voters: 223. You may not vote on this poll

Pro's and Con's of the A&A and ECS Supercharger Kits

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2011, 05:35 PM
outlawdart
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTEKenne Bell[/QUOTE]

BaaaaHaaaa Kenne Bell, I almost spit my Mt.Dew on the Key board. Well if OP only wants 550 RWHP then I guess it MIGHT make that.

A&A sounds like the logical choice for you.
Old 09-06-2011, 05:43 PM
MVP'S ZO6
ISIS SUCKS FAT CHOAD
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 53 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by thekid96
Objective, except for the part where Andy told you he wouldn't sell you a kit...
This thread
Old 09-06-2011, 06:16 PM
MVP'S ZO6
ISIS SUCKS FAT CHOAD
Support Corvetteforum!

Ok so technically your right about the carb thing but let me shed some light on the reality of it for ya. :-) The inspector is going to look at the head unit and your exhaust if he sees a carb number on the blower and cats 99.9 percent of the time your good to go aa long as you pass the sniffer the inspector is not going to question anything else. They are not going to look at your injectors or charge piping or your fuel system (not that you can look at an in the tank pump anyway).

As for A&A selling more kits then ECS who really cares but for ***** and giggles I'd challenge Andy and you to post up legit numbers as for actual kit sales kits to vendors count. :-) also the pole at the top of this thread tells me that either there's a lot of A&A fanboys out there or they have more kits out there or at least more who have responded to this thread. . On a serious note nothing but respect Doug u know that. :cheers

Question though so you guys do have a carb legal head unit?

To the OP both vendors make good kits but being that your a Cali car like me who not choose someone close to home. I will say that the ECS guys builders ect generally have a lot more race development but both kits can whip some serious *** at the track.

Originally Posted by DOUG @ ECS
Wow, some of the responses in this thread are so off basis it's just ridiculous.

Bret - BlOWNBLUEZO6, you do not have a clue how many kits we sell, or A&A, so please do not post up information that you are completely ignorant in regards too.

CARB legal, guess what guys, neither kit is carb legal!!!
A&A uses a head unit off of a CARB certed kit to call their kit CARB legal, technically the kit needs to be carb legal, not just the head unit. We also can send out a kit with a CARB legal head unit, which so far seems to be working on getting cars passed in CA.

You guys want the my answer in the most basic form? ECS offers the most high end-durable kit on the market with the most upgradablity, that has been proven on the road course and drag strip more then any other FI set up for the C5. We include everything necessary to be able to bolt it in and run single digit passes, no plastic idlers, or upgrades-upgrades-upgrades necessary. We built it right the first time, and have not had to change our design several times over the years costing you much more over the long run.
Our kit can be considered overkill to some, but we are just fine with that!

Old 09-06-2011, 09:07 PM
BLOWNBLUEZ06
Tech Contributor

Received 69 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by MVP'S ZO6
As for A&A selling more kits then ECS who really cares but for ***** and giggles I'd challenge Andy and you to post up legit numbers as for actual kit sales kits to vendors count. :-) also the pole at the top of this thread tells me that either there's a lot of A&A fanboys out there or they have more kits out there or at least more who have responded to this thread. . On a serious note nothing but respect Doug u know that. :cheers

The fact is that I don't really think anyone cares who sells more. We all pick our teams for different reasons. Doug's little boy, Brian likes to post stupid stuff and came in here as usual to do exactly that. My theory is sometimes people who speak idiot can only understand idiot. I was just speaking the lingo.

I think Doug and Chris and the gang are good people. Just trying to make a living. Can't fault them for that.
Old 09-06-2011, 09:12 PM
corvette8189
Safety Car

Received 25 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by golfinz
+1. Both have their pros and cons. Both will work great on a stock motor. Call Andy/Steve and call Doug, see which shop you like dealing with most. To me this debate is similar to the debate between Nikon and Canon DSLRs...both are wonderful and have their own pros/cons. I am a Nikon guy but only because when I was getting into the DSLR scene a friend had a Nikon so it is what I knew first. I have the ECS kit and Ive seen A&A's kit and I like certain things on mine and some things on his kit. You really can't go wrong with either if you are looking for something to put on a stock motor. Now if you are looking to make some serious jam, that is where the differences between the two kits become more apparent. I will keep my opinion to myself on which I like for big power so in your case, close your eyes and pick one
we all know, the one that keeps spanking that ***......the YSI

Originally Posted by BLOWNBLUEZ06
The fact is that I don't really think anyone cares who sells more. We all pick our teams for different reasons. Doug's little boy, Brian likes to post stupid stuff and came in here as usual to do exactly that. My theory is sometimes people who speak idiot can only understand idiot. I was just speaking the lingo.

I think Doug and Chris and the gang are good people. Just trying to make a living. Can't fault them for that.
Old 09-06-2011, 09:16 PM
undertaker
Race Director

Location: ECS : WTF did you break now and HTF did you break it this time
Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

hey after buying the CTS-V.....OEM blowers rule!

having had, a P1SC and F1 procharger, paxton 2000 and 1500, sts with base turbos and GT-35's, and up to a 200 hit of nitrous...

hell we should all stay NA, right?
Old 09-06-2011, 09:29 PM
Blitzkrieg
AKA "The CLOWN"
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Hey little Boy Blue! Got a few questions, how much money have you spent on your S/C setup? How many pullies and belts have you changed? You probably have a flip drive. How many head units have you had to buy to get to where you are now? I'm going to bet it's a lot! Don't be pissed that ECS doesn't make there customers buy a whole bunch of extra crap when they want to go faster. They do it right the first time, don't feel bad, 2nd best isn't all that bad, is it?
Old 09-06-2011, 09:50 PM
BLOWNBLUEZ06
Tech Contributor

Originally Posted by Blitzkrieg
Hey little Boy Blue! Got a few questions, how much money have you spent on your S/C setup? How many pullies and belts have you changed? You probably have a flip drive. How many head units have you had to buy to get to where you are now? I'm going to bet it's a lot! Don't be pissed that ECS doesn't make there customers buy a whole bunch of extra crap when they want to go faster. They do it right the first time, don't feel bad, 2nd best isn't all that bad, is it?
Nice try cupcake. Did you notice that Doug never answered my questions? Wipe his taint sweat off your lips and try and answer them for him.
Do they sell more than ONE PULLEY? If so, WHY???
While we're at it, announce to the world what size pulley you have on your blower.

You ever hear the one about the two hunters that ran into the bear? One say's " If we can't out run that bear, we're bear food!". The other one responds " I don't have to run faster than that bear. I just have to run faster than you!". Guess which one you are

As soon as you think you're able to put your big-boy pants on, bring your car, a sack lunch and plenty of cash.
Before you try and step to your elders with your G-string all bunched up. Just remember: You haven't accomplished one thing other than spending money. You didn't build your car and you surely didn't tune it if it's still running. Why don't you try actually doing something other than spending money and talking? Show us your skills kid! Accomplish something real and then talk to me.
Old 09-06-2011, 09:57 PM
golfinz
Melting Slicks

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

At first I thought you were talking about me...then I realized Blitzkrustyass's name is Brian too. whew
Old 09-06-2011, 09:58 PM
MVP'S ZO6
ISIS SUCKS FAT CHOAD
Support Corvetteforum!

I was just stirring the pot. Damn "Dougs little boy". who would have thunk it. Bottom line to the OP your cars gonna make "stupid powa" no matter what kit you choose.

Last edited by MVP'S ZO6; 09-06-2011 at 10:00 PM.
Old 09-06-2011, 10:00 PM
BLOWNBLUEZ06
Tech Contributor

At first I thought you were talking about me...then I realized Blitzkrustyass's name is Brian too. whew
Yeah, surprisingly, it appears to now be a genderless name. Like Terry, Kelly, Sydney and so on.
Old 09-06-2011, 10:00 PM
BLOWNBLUEZ06
Tech Contributor

Originally Posted by MVP'S ZO6
I was just stirring the pot. Damn "Dougs little boy". who would have thunk it. Bottom line to the OP your cars gonna make "stupid powa" no matter what kit you choose.
Well you certainly stirred it good son!
Old 09-06-2011, 10:03 PM
golfinz
Melting Slicks

Yeah, surprisingly, it appears to now be a genderless name. Like Terry, Kelly, Sydney and so on.
You forgot Billy's name in the genderless category too
Old 09-06-2011, 10:04 PM
BLOWNBLUEZ06
Tech Contributor

True. Either that or MJ was going the wrong way with that Billy Jean chick.
Old 09-06-2011, 10:07 PM
MVP'S ZO6
ISIS SUCKS FAT CHOAD
Support Corvetteforum!

Bwahahahahahah. :Rolf:
Old 09-06-2011, 10:09 PM
MVP'S ZO6
ISIS SUCKS FAT CHOAD
Support Corvetteforum!

Ok I can't hold back. Vortech pwns everything in the blown corvette community. Period!
Old 09-06-2011, 10:17 PM
Blitzkrieg
AKA "The CLOWN"
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Nice try cupcake. Did you notice that Doug never answered my questions? Wipe his taint sweat off your lips and try and answer them for him.
Do they sell more than ONE PULLEY? If so, WHY???
While we're at it, announce to the world what size pulley you have on your blower.

You ever hear the one about the two hunters that ran into the bear? One say's " If we can't out run that bear, we're bear food!". The other one responds " I don't have to run faster than that bear. I just have to run faster than you!". Guess which one you are

As soon as you think you're able to put your big-boy pants on, bring your car, a sack lunch and plenty of cash.
Before you try and step to your elders with your G-string all bunched up. Just remember: You haven't accomplished one thing other than spending money. You didn't build your car and you surely didn't tune it if it's still running. Why don't you try actually doing something other than spending money and talking? Show us your skills kid! Accomplish something real and then talk to me.
So this is the part where we stand up and start beating our chest and yell Arrrrrg! Ok Little Boy Blue, I know your big into racing and your car should be faster, so I'm not going to drive down to TX and race you. I don't build cars, I drive them. There must be something in the water in TX. No need to get upset, Lets all have some respect for the OP and knock off the games!

Get notified of new replies

To Pro's and Con's of the A&A and ECS Supercharger Kits

Old 09-06-2011, 10:18 PM
MVP'S ZO6
ISIS SUCKS FAT CHOAD
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Blitzkrieg
Ummm bret happens to be one of the most respected corvette owners and tuner in the community. I'd put my paycheck on it that brets YSi car with an auto and drag setup would drag just about any ECS car out there. Bret likes to row through the gears so an auto is out of the question. I know that there are going to be a ton of surprised faces when BBZO6 cones out of the garage. You know your a bad **** when you get sick of 1,000+ WHP and you feel the need to upgrade. ;-). For the record bret isn't changing the heart of his blower system. I challenge anyone to show me a blower the same size as the YSi that it capable of making more power??? Bet no one can do it.. Call Vortech or paxton (owned by Vortech) ask then if the novi 2000 is a better blower then the YSi? YSi pwns all and definately pwns yellow vettes.

Last edited by MVP'S ZO6; 09-06-2011 at 10:22 PM.
Old 09-06-2011, 10:18 PM
outlawdart
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

LOL You guys or bi-courious dudes crack me up.
Old 09-06-2011, 10:20 PM
golfinz
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by outlawdart
LOL You guys or bi-courious dudes crack me up.
Hey pig humper...watch what you say to Billy...he gets his feelings hurt too easily.

Quick Reply: Pro's and Con's of the A&A and ECS Supercharger Kits