C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Which Supercharger System is the best for stock C5 Z06
ECS Paxton Novi Kit
37.67%
A&A Vortech Kit
62.33%
Voters: 223. You may not vote on this poll

Pro's and Con's of the A&A and ECS Supercharger Kits

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2011, 02:46 AM
Gohard777
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BLOWNBLUEZ06
Nice try cupcake. Did you notice that Doug never answered my questions? Wipe his taint sweat off your lips and try and answer them for him.
Do they sell more than ONE PULLEY? If so, WHY???
While we're at it, announce to the world what size pulley you have on your blower.

You ever hear the one about the two hunters that ran into the bear? One say's " If we can't out run that bear, we're bear food!". The other one responds " I don't have to run faster than that bear. I just have to run faster than you!". Guess which one you are

As soon as you think you're able to put your big-boy pants on, bring your car, a sack lunch and plenty of cash.
Before you try and step to your elders with your G-string all bunched up. Just remember: You haven't accomplished one thing other than spending money. You didn't build your car and you surely didn't tune it if it's still running. Why don't you try actually doing something other than spending money and talking? Show us your skills kid! Accomplish something real and then talk to me.
I think that by now, everyone remembers that he is the one that pissed off Andy at A&A by ordering and cancelling the order 4 or 5 times. Then, every chance he gets, he tries to slam Andy. it doesn't work, we know 'Him' now, and the original poster here has decided to go with A&A, not because ECS isn't any good, but that it suits his reason for purchase. I did the same thing. I don't want 1000 HP, (sorry guys), I love my car just the way it is. And isn't that what 'This' is all about?
Old 09-20-2011, 03:02 AM
Gohard777
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Andy@AandACorvette
I'm not going to jump in and bash anyone, or the competition.
I wlll state a few facts and let you know my theory on supercharger systems.
We sell a lot of kits to the average guy who will never do anything else to the car. Contrary to what most of you think on this forum, most buyers fit into this category. These are the ones who drive their cars for years and are very happy with them.
I firmly believe in using the correct supercharger for the application. Using an oversized head unit and pullying it down is very inefficient.
Even worse is the use of a restrictor plate. Restrictor plates drive up intake temps and can actually damage or destroy the impeller. Vortech, Paxton or Procharger will not warranty a head unit when used with a restrictor plate. Period.
Notice that most of the guys using this system also need a Meth system to offset the negative effects.
I haven't sold or installed a Meth kit in a couple of years. Why? Because I build systems to be driven on the streen with a minimum of fuss.
We don't need Meth or catch cans on our systems.
We have a liberal trade in program for those who feel the need to build the engine and "go big". Less than 10% of buyers (actually quite a bit less) end up going this route.
If someone wants a system capable of 800 RWHP, we have those available too. Again,this is a VERY small percentage of the market.
Building an oversized kit and patching it so it can be driven on a normal street car is just not in my business plan.
I believe we sell more Corvette supercharger kits than anyone else for that reason. We sell exactly what the customer wants and needs. I'm continually talking customers OUT of YSI and T Trim kits just because they read that they need them on the internet. Most, absolutely do not need them at all.
One reason our dealers like the systems so much is because we can generally build and ship to them in a day or two. I don't think any other manufacturer can fill orders as quickly and accurately as we can. Our dealers know they will fit without issues, there will be no missing parts and that we are there to help with install and tuning questions.
This keeps our dealers happy and profitable. A shop can't make a living or keep customers happy if they can't sell a product that is readily available and work as advertised.
Anyone looking for a supercharger system for their Corvette is urged to CLOSELY compare our system vs.any others. Check intercoolers, sheet metal work (or lack of), blowoff valves, clamps, articulated silicone hoses etc, etc. Nobody has gone to the extent we have to perfect our systems.
For those interested in the numbers, we have shipped 263 systems since Jan 1 2011. (as of Sept 1 2011) I take pride in the fact that we can keep up with the demand on a timely basis and uphold our reputation of customer service.
Yeah!! What He said......
Old 09-20-2011, 03:09 AM
seung012
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Gohard777
Yeah!! What He said......
lol, I see you are reading the whole entire thread~
Old 09-20-2011, 03:27 AM
Gohard777
Burning Brakes

Default Hp??

Seems we are on a High Horsepower discussion here and the OP was wondering about a SC kit that that wasn't close to what is being discussed here. Insults, sarcasm.... it's truly great fun, is it going to be soon when we show who's got the biggest daffer???
Old 09-20-2011, 03:42 AM
Gohard777
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Blitzkrieg
Since we are talking about customer service, I have called Chris on his cell on a Sunday, and he was able to help me out and answered my question.

Also Doug drove out to Chicago to tune about 10 cars just last month. He took care of his gas and hotel arrangements to help us out. ECS's customer service is OUTSTANDING! Thanks again Doug for your time and your knowledge. We are all very pleased with our tunes!

Would Andy or Steve come to Chicago to tune and help out there customers?
Are you still trying to bash Andy??? You did him wrong, apologize and admit it and all will be well..... And we are all sure that ECS came out to Chicago to give you a free tune......
Old 09-20-2011, 03:43 AM
Gohard777
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by seung012
lol, I see you are reading the whole entire thread~
I'm gettin tired.......
Old 09-20-2011, 07:34 AM
Chris@East Coast Supercharging
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran
Cruise-In III Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran

And we are all sure that ECS came out to Chicago to give you a free tune......
Want to put you money where your mouth is?
Old 09-20-2011, 07:51 AM
Warp Factor
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,816 Likes on 1,084 Posts

Originally Posted by seung012
I already said i'm going with ecs but wanted to know what the big difference in A&A and ECS was other then price. I don't have a problem with A&A or their customers... problem I'm having is the bashing for no apparent reason and comments like you just made doesn't help this thread or anyone else. All it shows is ignorance.

Now, can we get back to the original topic instead of offending my job or what I do or did.
Good choice on the ECS, particularly since you are in Maryland. This thread has gotten pretty worthless when it comes to getting unbiased information, so don't waste your time with it.

The current ECS kit has about 6 years of reliability and performance confirmation, without needing changes. Nobody has 6 years on the latest A&A kit.

Other differences with the ECS kit:

*A larger/stronger base head unit. Allows for larger power increases than the A&A without needing a blower upgrade. Or allows a broader, less peaky power band with more low-end boost. Or some of both... up to the user
*Larger intercooler
*New stronger radiator and intercooler support
*Full 4" blower inlet pipe
*Larger/thicker ducting and more aluminum through the runs.
*Custom tensioner, as opposed to stock
*Fixed idler kit near P.S. to replace the weaker stock design
*HD steel double bearing idlers already sized for eight rib belt
*Breather
*Catch can
*More testing and validation under harsh race conditions, including the Silver State Classic (90 miles at an average speed of 144)

Now the A&A homies will probably try to pick at all this. That's what they do here, so don't worry about it.

Last edited by Warp Factor; 09-20-2011 at 12:12 PM.
Old 09-20-2011, 10:56 AM
Gohard777
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Chris@East Coast Supercharging
Want to put you money where your mouth is?
well well ....you don't have to get huffy...haha, if you did do this, I think that's wonderful. that's the 1st time in my life that I've heard of anybody driving to another city, paying all their expenses themselves, and then doing free labor. I think that not many businesses would make a living by doing this, but it sure makes me glad that someone does it. My point, if you bothered reading any of the other posts, were to stop a certain individual from slamming Andy at A&A. This post has turned into bashing of each others business and that isn't what it was intended to do. And by the way, the individual that you are defending, called A&A 4 or 5 times to buy 'Their' product, before being turned down by 'Them'. So, if he so strongly feels the way he does about A&A's system, why on earth, did he try so many times to buy it? Until Andy felt that HE was a waste of time?? I believe that there are great merits to both systems, that ANY system can be Upgraded. And that to be put down because your system can be upgraded is ignorant at best. I've never heard of anything that couldn't be made better in time. I have friends with both systems, and they are all extremely happy. I am too... Thankfully, and if I wasn't, I'd be the 1st to post on here to let the members know.............

Last edited by Gohard777; 09-20-2011 at 01:28 PM.
Old 09-20-2011, 11:23 AM
Gohard777
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Blitzkrieg
This thread has been going south for the past 3-400 posts, just a huge pissing match. It has to show everyone that after 700 post, there is not solid proof to say one is better than the other. We should all be thankful for our fast cars. ECS and A&A are great companies both having a great kit and great customer service, and they both focus on customer needs and wants very well. Now all of you get to church and ask for forgiveness!
Old 09-20-2011, 11:36 AM
Gohard777
Burning Brakes

Default Moderators.....

Since I'm very new to this type of performance upgrade, I try to learn as much as possible on the subject. Please let this go on for as long as possible.... ( you know, until death threats and stuff). I've been learning more in this post than I've learned reading articles on the superchargers. Reading articles, you usually have the writers biased opinions in it. In this, you have both sides. I truly believe that we are all intelligent enough to read between the lines. The apologies that insult, the compliments that ridicule, the pat on the back that leaves a scar... ALL this is Great!! And..... we are learning valuable information on the products. I have learned that both shops stand 110 percent behind Their products, There are problems in all shapes and forms developing at different times, and in different applications. At NO fault in the products themselves, sometimes fate, sometimes tuning, sometimes driver error, (not really). Anyway..... Thanks guys, you have always helped me on the Forum, and sometimes, I get a ******** that will be insulting to me, I usually apologize to that person for not being as intelligent as him, but I grew up poor so I use that as an excuse....and I know that this post is getting long and longer, so I will end it now.... Thanks again guys..... Bob Rich...AKA Gohard777.
Old 09-20-2011, 12:19 PM
Blitzkrieg
AKA "The CLOWN"
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

well well ....you don't have to get huffy...haha, if you did do this, I think that's wonderful. that's the 1st time in my life that I've heard of anybody driving to another city, paying all their expenses themselves, and then doing free labor. I think that not many businesses would make a living by doing this, but it sure makes me glad that someone does it. My point, if you bothered reading any of the other posts, were to stop a certain individual from slamming Andy at A&A. This post has turned into bashing of each others business and that isn't what it was intended to do. And by the way, the individual that you are defending, called A&A 4 or 5 times to buy 'Their' product, before being turned down by 'Them'. So, if he so strongly feels the way he does about A&A's system, why on earth, di he try so many times to buy it? Until Andy felt that HE was a waste of time??I believe that there are great merits to both systems, that ANY system can be Upgraded. And that to be put down because your system can be upgraded is ignorant at best. I've never heard of anything that couldn't be made better in time. I have friends with both systems, and they are all extremely happy. I am too... Thankfully, and if I wasn't, I'd be the 1st to post on here to let the members know.............
I have had 10 conversations with A&A about there product and 1 conversation with Mike at ECS!

I ordered my kit after speaking with Mike for a reason! Enough said!

Believe any and all that you hear. You seem to love rumors and stories! I'm done with this thread as it has gone in to many directions. I made my choice and I am pleased with it! So go suck on that!
Old 09-20-2011, 12:54 PM
had2have-it
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I haven't seen this kind of energy since the Kawasaki KZ1000 vs. the Suzuki GS1000 street racing battles of the late 70's. God bless each and everyone of you; ********* and gentlemen alike. You have made this old heart feel young again. (PS, I was a Kawi man, couldn't break those suckers with a sledgehammer)
Old 09-20-2011, 01:47 PM
vetten76
Drifting

Received 78 Likes on 60 Posts

A fellow club member, who has since passed away, had over 100,000 miles on his A&A kit. He NEVER touched it and nothing ever hiccuped. It was a 99 coupe. That in itself sold me. That and the CARB number. I'm saving my money for an Andy kit. Save a spot for me Cunningham Motorsports.

Originally Posted by Darion
I did an A&A sytem over this last winter, couldn't be happier. So look, both systems are really good in all the areas you are asking quesions about, you can't go wrong. Both companies will back up there product and have produced very good efficient systems, again you can't go wrong.

Get some installed prices that meet your goals, make sure the shop can provide ya a killer tune and put down the money, thats it.

Darion

Old 09-20-2011, 01:56 PM
vetten76
Drifting

Received 78 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by RaW Z06
I guess I need to clear this up.

Obviously, I'm looking for horsepower or I wouldn't be interested in a supercharger. What I'm not looking for is so much horsepower that the rest of my stock drive train can't handle it. Hope this makes sense

What amount of HP increase do most people consider to be reliable on the stock C5 Z06 platform??
I agree. I currently have a nitrous kit set at 75 h/p for the 1/8th mile. I can run my stock drive train for ever with this lower h/p number. I also don't want enough power to drop a driveshaft or smoke my auto trans. I can't afford a new Z06. 150 h/p will liven up anyones C5 ride. Safely.
Old 09-20-2011, 04:26 PM
Chris@East Coast Supercharging
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran
Cruise-In III Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran

well well ....you don't have to get huffy...haha, if you did do this, I think that's wonderful. that's the 1st time in my life that I've heard of anybody driving to another city, paying all their expenses themselves, and then doing free labor.
I dont have the time to get huffy over a responce on an internet message board. I was merely stating a responce to you thinking Brian was here backing our company because he received a free tune which you eluded to. If I took it the wrong way I do apologize in advance. I will always stay out of these threads because they usually end up just the way this one did. I have the utmost respect for Andy and his company and he knows that. I have nothing ever to say negative about his organization. There are more than enough Vettes out there for the both of us.
Old 09-20-2011, 06:58 PM
ROD BROWN
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Worth every penny

I had a 99 vette coupe in 2001 andI wanted more power,but I needed reliability as I use my Vette for daily driving. I read many magazines and the prices for the parts were very expensive.To achieve a sizeable amount of horsepower,the parts and the labor reached a higher amount than I could afford. A friend of mine reccommended,speak to Andy at A&A Corvette.Well we talked and I was impressed with the answers. Not only would my car respond better,but the parts and labor was reasonable for the end results.The installation was performed and I was elated.I went to San Diego on a fishing trip and there weren't any problems.Then i went to Oregon to visit my parents and then on to Vancouver,B.C..Again,no problems. No overheating or belt problems what so ever.I drove my car until 2006 when I traded it for a 2006.The car ran flawless for the time I owned it.The installation was very proffesional.Some of my friends who are not "car savy" thought that was the way it came from the factory Rod

Get notified of new replies

To Pro's and Con's of the A&A and ECS Supercharger Kits

Old 09-20-2011, 08:18 PM
Gohard777
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Chris@East Coast Supercharging
I dont have the time to get huffy over a responce on an internet message board. I was merely stating a responce to you thinking Brian was here backing our company because he received a free tune which you eluded to. If I took it the wrong way I do apologize in advance. I will always stay out of these threads because they usually end up just the way this one did. I have the utmost respect for Andy and his company and he knows that. I have nothing ever to say negative about his organization. There are more than enough Vettes out there for the both of us.
From what I've read over the years about you guys, (at ECS) and A&A, I have the utmost respect for both companies. I called both and got my answers from both. I purchased from A&A, not because of any inferiority, nor superiority of either company or product. I'm retired, and my goals were met at a great price. You will agree that the A&A kit starts at a lower price, and I really don't care if anybody likes what I have or not. My wife didn't like it either, and when I 'Get on it" she says that I don't need it and it was stupid of me to do it.....haha and Good Luck There shouldn't be any bashing of either product.
Old 09-20-2011, 09:57 PM
dankhts
Safety Car

Received 325 Likes on 202 Posts

this has been a great thread, really informative, lots of good info from either side, pleanty of responses from guys running both systems, a few from the vendors, it's helped me make my final decision: I'm definately going with the ECS kit! ....or, maybe the A&A kit......well, maybe I should get the ECS......no, definately the A&A! Yep! the A&A it is!.... wait, maybe the ECS is better.... hmmmmm......

Last edited by dankhts; 09-20-2011 at 10:07 PM.
Old 09-20-2011, 10:37 PM
Gohard777
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by dankhts
this has been a great thread, really informative, lots of good info from either side, pleanty of responses from guys running both systems, a few from the vendors, it's helped me make my final decision: I'm definately going with the ECS kit! ....or, maybe the A&A kit......well, maybe I should get the ECS......no, definately the A&A! Yep! the A&A it is!.... wait, maybe the ECS is better.... hmmmmm......
You know what?? You can't go wrong with either system...haha

Quick Reply: Pro's and Con's of the A&A and ECS Supercharger Kits