C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Tires???...haha

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2011, 06:28 PM
Gohard777
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default New Tires???...haha

I wanted to get a base reading for how it sits. I know that some will ream me because of my times, BUT, I want you to know that 1st of all, I have the Nitto R2's which is great for cornering but not so good for the straight line. and 2nd, it's only my 1st time out in this SC car. (3 runs only). 3rd, very poor burnout, I tried but failed, it revved to high, almost 7000 rpm's, backed off and then it started moving sideways. I Need practice.... I keep backing out of it trying to keep it around 5000 rpm's, and then losing the spin. I'll get the hang of it. I only go to the track after I do something to the car..... 3 times since 2007.... I know, more practice..... Anyway, I was happy with the speed, Not happy with the ET's.... 11.80's at 124 MPH. The ET showing wasn't mine, I had to dial in with 'No ET' on the window because of no rollcage, also, reaction times were horrible, I didn't know that I would get the Pro Tree so I had a .7 and a .5, I thought that something malfunctioned...haha but it was only me..... Now, what are you thinking? Mickey Thompson Drag Radials?? I don't care about milage, ain't no good on burnouts and I have an automatic....see profile. Don't want slicks and don't want to change tires at the track, what's in the garage drives to the track and back... what do I need and what do you think it will do??? Thanks guys.....

On this run, I gave it 1/3 throttle to start, then when I applied the gas, it started to spin, backpeddled, gave it more, it shifted to 2nd, and you can't tell from this angle, but it went a little squirrelly, (spelling?) sideways enough to scare me, but it was over so fast that I just kept it going. Each run I had to back out of at 1 point or another.... and where last years 60 foot times with the same tires were 1.80, this time it was 2.10, only had 3 tries before the rain....

Old 09-19-2011, 10:29 PM
jobberone
jobberone
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Try either MT or BFG. I don't know how much RWHP you have but I'll assume 550-600 roughly. If you're going to drag race and get more traction then you'll need drag radials or slicks. I don't know if you're minitubbed or not so I won't tell you what size to get. If not minitubbed then you should be able to stuff some 315s under there. If you are then 335-345. If you really want to get serious then get some slicks. However I don't know how well built your drivetrain is so you'll have to be careful about getting more traction than your drivetrain can handle.

Give us some more info.
Old 09-19-2011, 10:31 PM
0chris@sfcc
Former Vendor

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c5-p...onts-tpms.html

:nod:
Old 09-20-2011, 03:49 AM
Gohard777
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by chris@sfcc
Thanks, that's a great deal but I just bought, (last year), deep dish wheels and Nitto tires, put the thin spokes on my sons Camaro SS. I just want some Drag Radials now for the rear....
Old 09-20-2011, 11:28 AM
Sponge Vette
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Contributor

Put some M/T on. You'll be in the 10s with no problem. Heat them up a bit and hang on. I drive around with mine all the time, not that great for corning but we don't live in California where they have these type of roads. Let me know how you do.

Last edited by Sponge Vette; 09-24-2011 at 10:25 PM.
Old 09-24-2011, 03:28 AM
Gohard777
Burning Brakes

I wanted to bump this up a little to see what people think the car will run when I get the 305/35/18 MT ET Drag Radials??
Old 09-24-2011, 08:06 PM
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09

Your run looks fine for the amount of seat time you have.Try practising your burnouts at home in a parking lot with lots of water.I think with some serious tires low 11s should be NP.Tens are possible but you really need some seat time.Track time is absolutely critical!If you keep adding more power without going to the track and maximizing your combo you may never catch up with the car.If you do hook it's only a matter of time before the car breaks.
By the way.It's lots of fun right up to about 11.00.After that it is nothing but heart aches and more cash.
Good luck and GET TO THE TRACK.
Old 09-25-2011, 06:35 PM
Gohard777
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by 396375
Your run looks fine for the amount of seat time you have.Try practising your burnouts at home in a parking lot with lots of water.I think with some serious tires low 11s should be NP.Tens are possible but you really need some seat time.Track time is absolutely critical!If you keep adding more power without going to the track and maximizing your combo you may never catch up with the car.If you do hook it's only a matter of time before the car breaks.
By the way.It's lots of fun right up to about 11.00.After that it is nothing but heart aches and more cash.
Good luck and GET TO THE TRACK.
I hope that you are wrong, I hope that it's fun up to 10.999, and then the heartache............
Old 09-25-2011, 07:11 PM
ZO6ME
Drifting

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts

Get a line lock to help with the burnouts.

Get notified of new replies

To New Tires???...haha

Quick Reply: New Tires???...haha