C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

**C5 Corvette with custom 3.6L Kenne Bell By Late Model Racecraft**

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2011, 05:02 AM
SBCGENII
Melting Slicks

Received 42 Likes on 39 Posts

Will do great at the car shows, got a lot of stuff to put on the board to impress all the newbs.
Old 09-27-2011, 10:52 AM
user_name
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'd give it a chance guys. Let's see what it does with some race fuel. Somebody is finally giving the KB a chance with the right supporting parts.
Old 09-27-2011, 11:16 AM
SBCGENII
Melting Slicks

Received 42 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by user_name
I'd give it a chance guys. Let's see what it does with some race fuel. Somebody is finally giving the KB a chance with the right supporting parts.
Dosnt sound like you. Fever?
Old 09-27-2011, 11:19 AM
user_name
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SBCGENII
Dosnt sound like you. Fever?
Somebody is getting RESULTS. All of the other KB builds have failed in comparison to this one. I'm looking forward to updates.
Old 09-27-2011, 01:16 PM
breecher_7
Safety Car

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by user_name
Somebody is getting RESULTS. All of the other KB builds have failed in comparison to this one. I'm looking forward to updates.
How so? We made this power with a smaller unit on a 364ci engine.... Results would be it making 1000+ rwhp like it was claimed to be capable of and were never attained, by anyone.
Old 09-27-2011, 01:18 PM
Late Model Racecraft
Supporting Vendor

Received 629 Likes on 327 Posts

Originally Posted by breecher_7
Yep, im ignorant.

Best of luck with the C16, cant wait to see the results. Hope he likes changing out 02 sensors.

And I will stick to my comment that sub 800rwhp on 19lbs is a joke, espcially considering the size of that engine. This all goes back to my dislike for that blower and its hotter then the blazes of hell IAT temps. It should be making that power at around 14lbs pending actual compression ratio of the engine. But that would assume the temps wernt on the verge of being able to cook a hamburger on the top of the blower...

Hope your customer enjoys it, shame to see a beautifull engine being wasted like that though. Could have spent less money then that KB setup and could have been making 1000+ rwhp with a YSI or F1...

But in the end, as long as the customer is happy, thats what matters.

I dare you to take a poll of how many C5 owners that bought a KB setup and really tried to push the system even with excessive modifications were happy, you probably wont find a single one. The only thing I applaud you for is using a 3.6 unit, that is the only reason you are seeing the results you are, especially with no meth. The 2.6 and 2.8 were a flop and id imagine that is why kenne bell discontinued the kit and never released a C6 system. And FWIW, take a good look at the lower intake manifold after a few thousand miles, more then one of us had it crack around the intake ports.

Best of luck to you and your customer, but for future reference, dont assume people are ignorant. There are quite a few of us that spent alot of time doing the kenne bell dance.

Man brother, take your hostility elsewhere. I AM NOT KENNE BELL SUPERCHARGER, I am Late Model Racecraft.
All I am doing is showing the world another cool project car that came out of my shop. If you dont like it, dont read it or keep your negative comments to yourself.
Like I stated before, I am a turbo guy, this customer wanted to be different. When he pulls into a corvette car show, how many other corvettes are going to be in the parking lot making 1000hp with a nice shiny Kenne Bell supercharger on it???
Current C7 World Record Holder 7.55 @ 184 MPH

Quickest and Fastest GEN5 LT Powered Vehicle
LMR1200HP Supercharged C7 8.84 @ 160
LMR1200HP Twin Turbo C7 9.35@155mph-2014
2 TIME OUTLAW DRAG RADIAL LSX CHAMPION 2008/2010
9.47 ZR1 Corvette-2009
LATE MODEL RACECRAFT
713-466-9900
LateModelRacecraft.com

Too many PMs, please call or email instead, thanks!
Old 09-27-2011, 01:20 PM
breecher_7
Safety Car

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Late Model Racecraft
Man brother, take your hostility elsewhere. I AM NOT KENNE BELL SUPERCHARGER, I am Late Model Racecraft.
All I am doing is showing the world another cool project car that came out of my shop. If you dont like it, dont read it or keep your negative comments to yourself.
Like I stated before, I am a turbo guy, this customer wanted to be different. When he pulls into a corvette car show, how many other corvettes are going to be in the parking lot making 1000hp with a nice shiny Kenne Bell supercharger on it???
Sure thing...

I look forward to seeing that 1000hp dyno sheet and video.
Old 09-28-2011, 06:16 PM
ZO6er
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Alot of animosity in this thread. It works for some and not others (breecher) I know the pos displacemnet is a no no here in the big CF with all the professionals here but let the guy breath. He wants a KB setup and be the ONLY one with it so be it. Live from YOUR mistakes and move on. Let HIM, learn from his. Good job LMR.

btw if it was me I'd TT it.
Old 09-29-2011, 01:09 AM
xtcustoms
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Really awesome build.

The old stock inlet manifold was a huge restriction in the orginal kit. I raised my blower up 1.5" and modified the shape of the inlet and ported it out and i went from 15lbs of boost to 23lbs of boost with the same 3" pulley. My setup is a iron block 408 with TFS 225 heads with KB 2.8H. I am making 850 HP at the wheel and the low end torque is just insane. Its a freaking blast on the street. IAT's are the downside of the kit but you can combat them with meth and custom parts to make the thing work better.

Im going to change to a 3.6 this winter if i have the time to machine all the custom stuff to make it work the way i want it to.

My season ended because my Mcleod twin disc started to slip. Too lazy and busy to fix that right now.

Last edited by xtcustoms; 09-29-2011 at 01:14 PM.
Old 10-05-2011, 09:40 PM
stainless40cal
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey LMR I sent you guys a pm as well.

But im curious about your kit, by watching the video I noticed a few things. One it looks like you guys retrofitted a camaro kit to make it work on this vette? I noticed you guys are using a small canister on the left side of the engine bay rather than the large over the battery option that comes usually with the vette kit which made me think that.

I was wondering if you could tell me what bottom plate you used for the blower to attach to and if that was from the camaro kit? What 3.6L did you end up using as there is a lot of different snout models. Also looks as if you changed the typical belt routing and are running it straight down off the blower and around the water pump instead of going back up to a tensioner on the top left side of the motor, could you enlighten me a little on this and where your tensioner is, just looking for help on my personal build.

You can pm me if that would be easier.
Old 10-06-2011, 07:55 AM
Bulldogger
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

It's not really about what anybody thinks but the customer. Could it have made more power with a centrifugal and smaller displacement,yes but so what. First off 800rwhp on a 3000lb street car is more then enough, then add in the instant torque from a twin screw and that car is going to be insane from stop light to stop light. LMR should be commended for customizing the kit and making a unique show and go car for the customer. I would just smooth out the welds on the intake tube and powder coat. Awsome Job
Old 10-06-2011, 04:21 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Received 1,762 Likes on 1,529 Posts

Originally Posted by BLOWNBLUEZ06
At least it wasn't me for once.
Dam good job from the # I am sure this is the 1st true 800 rwhp k.b. Great job guys you do know your stuff.....Robert

Quick Reply: **C5 Corvette with custom 3.6L Kenne Bell By Late Model Racecraft**