C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

failed e test help

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2012, 10:10 AM
nitrouspaul
Pro

Received 54 Likes on 36 Posts

Default failed e test help

01 vert with 377 twins 227 227 cam chasing my tail on this. when i try to tune for less hc on curb idle test my co goes up on loaded test
tried so far.
with air pump without air pump,no diff. leaning tune in open loop letting closed loop run test see dilution very close,retarding timing in cells that are in use during running of test, and finally running 1 gallon of meth with 1/3 fuel in the tank. this is what you see in the photo. i am close but feel that my cam is a bit big and maybe i will never win. any idears here? maybe i will wait until the new year and wait for the readiness monitor test that is coming and forget about trying anymore, needless to say the car runs better now that i have been trying to narrow the results for this test. i am running stock cats with 45k on them

http://s213.beta.photobucket.com/use...00000.jpg.html

Last edited by nitrouspaul; 11-26-2012 at 10:14 AM.
Old 11-26-2012, 03:08 PM
tlove32
Melting Slicks

Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts

2 things.....

1 - What's the LSA on that cam? Zero or negative overlap is key to passing tailpipe emissions. 227 on a 114 lsa is easier to pass than 227 on a 110 lsa

2 - 45k mile stock cats behind twin turbos are probably shot and in need of replacing
Old 11-27-2012, 01:24 AM
SBCGENII
Melting Slicks

Received 42 Likes on 39 Posts

Try Arun or champion. They probably can help.
Old 11-27-2012, 03:05 AM
Pekka_Perkeles
Burning Brakes

Received 80 Likes on 73 Posts

Try increasing End of Injector Timing with 5% and see what it does. It's under Fuel/General/Injector Timing/Normal if you're familiar with HPT.

Also, let it idle at 990 rpm, not lower, if that's fine with your local emissions laws..
Old 11-27-2012, 08:11 AM
BLOWNBLUEZ06@RKT Performance
Supporting Vendor

Received 314 Likes on 207 Posts

Not sure what plugs you're running, but put in some TR55's for the test and gap them at .040. Stay out of boost while running them. Test all of your plug wires for high resistance and replace any that show high. Turn your idle speed up, drive the **** out of the car on the highway to get the cats hot and working at their utmost efficiency, if you're MAF tuned, make sure you have no vacuum leaks, Changing your timing too high or too low will affect your HC's. If they'll allow it, run your VCM controller and push your timing up and down to see if you can bring it down. Don't use absolute timing values, rather the plus minus so that your adaptive idle spark will still remain in play. The EOIT change may help as Pekka mentioned, but consider pushing it both ways. Spraying fuel on the back of a closed intake valve might help it atomize better and create a more effective idle burn. You can try a Seafoam treatment . There is also a product that I've personally seen work called RxP fuel emissions reducer. Give that a shot while you're at it.
Hope this helps.

Offering products from A&A Superchargers, East Coast Superchargers, Mechman Alternators, Mantic clutches, RPS clutches, Kooks Headers, Lakewood, LG, Brian Tooley Racing, Comp Cams, FAST, ARP, UPP Turbo systems, Wiseco, Callies, K1, MAST Motorsports, Haltech and many more. PM me for details.

Last edited by BLOWNBLUEZ06@RKT Performance; 11-27-2012 at 08:23 AM.
Old 11-27-2012, 09:34 AM
nitrouspaul
Pro

Received 54 Likes on 36 Posts

the lsa is at 114
they wont let me play with tune while running the test as it is a timed test logged into the ministry main server while it is running.
my plugs are tr6 wires good how do cats go bad? i was running idle at 1150

Last edited by nitrouspaul; 11-27-2012 at 09:37 AM.

Get notified of new replies

To failed e test help

Quick Reply: failed e test help