C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Walbro 400 in '03 Z06

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2012, 10:34 PM
spoolin7
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Walbro 400 in '03 Z06

I'm looking to upgrade my fuel system a little without getting too crazy or expensive with it. I'm currently running a stock pump with a BAP and it's right at the limit. i want to put the new Walbro 400 in, but haven't been able to find out what's involved. This is also one of the late style systems that's similar to the C6.

I know the bucket has to be modified to make up for the larger diameter, but what else is needed? Will the factory regulator handle the increased pressure? I'm trying to avoid running an aftermarket regulator or a return line. Anyone have experience installing one that can give me some insight?
Old 02-09-2012, 12:43 AM
chargedc5
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by spoolin7
I'm looking to upgrade my fuel system a little without getting too crazy or expensive with it. I'm currently running a stock pump with a BAP and it's right at the limit. i want to put the new Walbro 400 in, but haven't been able to find out what's involved. This is also one of the late style systems that's similar to the C6.

I know the bucket has to be modified to make up for the larger diameter, but what else is needed? Will the factory regulator handle the increased pressure? I'm trying to avoid running an aftermarket regulator or a return line. Anyone have experience installing one that can give me some insight?
Call Rob Raymer @ Unleashed performance. Newer shop in Georgetown, IN

Last edited by chargedc5; 02-13-2012 at 12:14 AM.
Old 02-09-2012, 07:00 PM
spoolin7
Pro

Originally Posted by chargedc5
Call Rob Raymer @ unlimited performance. Newer shop in Georgetown, IN
i'm actually friends with rob and i hang out at the shop quite a bit. my roommate is one of the techs and his engine guy is putting my engine together right now.

he was the one that turned me on to the 400, but he hasn't done any with the c6 style fuel system. rich was just telling me a few minutes ago about how much of a pain your fuel system has been, lol.
Old 02-10-2012, 10:02 PM
chargedc5
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by spoolin7
i'm actually friends with rob and i hang out at the shop quite a bit. my roommate is one of the techs and his engine guy is putting my engine together right now.

he was the one that turned me on to the 400, but he hasn't done any with the c6 style fuel system. rich was just telling me a few minutes ago about how much of a pain your fuel system has been, lol.
lol, Yeah my whole car has been a pain...to many opinions on it, wrong information from various people including vendors. Learned a lot of lessons.

They are all great guys
Old 02-11-2012, 06:58 PM
tlove32
Melting Slicks

Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts

I have an 04Z with the same fuel system, and I went with a C6-Z06 fuel pump (and a kb boost-a-pump). It's pretty much a direct fit for our cars.
Old 02-12-2012, 07:15 PM
0Unleashed-Performance
Former Vendor

lol, Yeah my whole car has been a pain...to many opinions on it, wrong information from various people including vendors. Learned a lot of lessons.

They are all great guys
Just to be clear, you're not saying there was any wrong information from us, are you? Because it would be hard for anyone else who was reading this post to be sure.

Thanks.
Old 02-12-2012, 07:18 PM
0Unleashed-Performance
Former Vendor

Call Rob Raymer @ unlimited performance. Newer shop in Georgetown, IN
And "Unlimited Performance" sounds like a pretty good name too. But we're "Unleashed Performance".
Old 02-13-2012, 12:13 AM
chargedc5
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Raymer@Unleashed
Just to be clear, you're not saying there was any wrong information from us, are you? Because it would be hard for anyone else who was reading this post to be sure.

Thanks.
NO, "ROB" otherwise I would of never recommended you! ROB from 'UNLEASHED PERFORMANCE" is the only one that has been great to deal with.

Thank you for your help though, and I should of checked my spelling on the name....I should be reminded by the sticker on my front window, lol!
Old 02-13-2012, 08:36 AM
Blitzkrieg
AKA "The CLOWN"
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

NO, "ROB" otherwise I would of never recommended you! ROB from 'UNLEASHED PERFORMANCE" is the only one that has been great to deal with.

Thank you for your help though, and I should of checked my spelling on the name....I should be reminded by the sticker on my front window, lol!
Way to go Wess!!!! You forgot the name of the shop that has done all your work! And you have a their sticker across your windshield!

Now thats funny I needed that!
Old 02-13-2012, 03:38 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Received 1,762 Likes on 1,529 Posts

Originally Posted by Blitzkrieg
Way to go Wess!!!! You forgot the name of the shop that has done all your work! And you have a their sticker across your windshield!

Now thats funny I needed that!
Clown love it man. Robert
Old 02-13-2012, 11:06 PM
chargedc5
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by robert miller
Clown love it man. Robert
lol, it is a little funny...OOPS.

Robert, I think you just like to watch your post count go up.....
Old 02-15-2012, 09:01 PM
spoolin7
Pro

Originally Posted by tlove32
I have an 04Z with the same fuel system, and I went with a C6-Z06 fuel pump (and a kb boost-a-pump). It's pretty much a direct fit for our cars.
isn't the C6Z pump roughly the same dimensions of the new 400? i just have to figure out something soon and the cheaper the better since i just found out i need a new crankshaft, lol.

poor wes is taking a beating! i'm sure i'll see you around the shop sometime soon. i love the wheels you have on there.

Get notified of new replies

To Walbro 400 in '03 Z06

Quick Reply: Walbro 400 in '03 Z06